eBay Seller Insists These are Cornwall II's - Please Educate Him

Frzninvt

On 2/12/2017 at 8:54 AM, Frzninvt said:

I have tried to reason with this guy but he doesn't get it.  I think alot of the confusion stems from the two different series of Cornwall II's (the early 60's verticals and then the '85 Cornwall II's with flush mounted drivers).  I am trying to get him to believe what he is autioning are Cornwall 1's which is obvious to me.  Perhaps some reinforcement from the Klipsch Forum community will help.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Klipsch-Cornwall-II-Loudspeakers-Oiled-Walnut-Finish-/282353457551?hash=item41bd93d98f:g:IiIAAOSwux5YYDuU

He did at least change the flyer below his auction text to reflect the original Cornwall but that is are far as I got.  

According to the ad, he still has a Heresy II pair... purchased in 1977!

I communicated with the seller, trying to help them understand exactly what they had.  I was IMMEDIATELY called clueless, and disingenuous, and was basically accused of trying to get them to lower their price so that I would bid on them, which of course, was not even remotely the case.  Realistically, I almost hope they get the asking price....but....good luck with that....

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

I communicated with the seller, trying to help them understand exactly what they had.  I was IMMEDIATELY called clueless, and disingenuous, and was basically accused of trying to get them to lower their price so that I would bid on them, which of course, was not even remotely the case.  Realistically, I almost hope they get the asking price....but....good luck with that....

Hang in there JimJimbo. You're neither clueless nor disingenuous. 

Mark