Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

Next up from Peter Gabriel is the fourth solo release 

Not as warm sounding as the previous albums but brilliant in it own way, but in a duality kind of way 

Artist - Peter Gabriel 

Title - Peter Gabriel Four or Security 

E06FE68F-2DB3-4854-95EF-8B827F6893D1.jpeg

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Full Range said:

Not as warm sounding as the previous albums but brilliant in it own way, but in a duality kind of way 

Artist - Peter Gabriel 

it's a Gabriel's first digital recording

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Full Range said:

A little spare time today and home alone ✅

Will spin the duo of Peter Gabriel recently arrived from the US ( thanks to you know who ) 

Some great tracks on this album - most notable is Solsbury Hill , Down The Dolce Vita , Here Comes The Flood

Artist - Peter Gabriel 

Title - Peter Gabriel One   — also known as Car 

3558E725-3110-48C6-B902-08E373D1E7EE.jpeg

any other vinyl bought recently

in the land of oz ?

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, dirtmudd said:

any other vinyl bought recently

in the land of oz ?

Yes about 80+ titles 

Some I have posted on the thread already 

PS Mike- The Peter Gabriel 1 record you sent has a special pressing marking 

https://www.discogs.com/Peter-Gabriel-Peter-Gabriel/release/9325113

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, dirtmudd said:

it does not comment on the sp markings..?

Yea not much comment but it’s in the title section 

However I noticed a few US and Canadian pressings with the same ID ##,  so I looked closely at the label and entered that number and it gave me one choice 

The one on the link  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Full Range said:

Yea not much comment but it’s in the title section 

However I noticed a few US and Canadian pressings with the same ID ##,  so I looked closely at the label and entered that number and it gave me one choice 

The one on the link  

https://www.discogs.com/label/27576-Specialty-Records-Corporation

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Saw the resurrected Yes thread yesterday and pulled out Fragile. Then realized I have not played it in years.

It was astounding on my rebuilt rig I think my Forte IIIs might have broken in finally. The upper ranges have opened up and resemble the airiness (looks funny spelled out) of the big Heritage speakers now. I've got to get Close to the Edge replaced and I might have all that I need from them.

Some of the older LPs have sound that blows the regular cds away!

Untitled.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

13 hours ago, Full Range said:

Artist - Peter Gabriel 

Not that it is of much interest here in the Vinyl thread but I have 4 different releases of this on CD.  They were all supposedly "different sounding."    Don't have the vinyl though... go figure.   

• Like 3

3 hours ago, muel said:

Not that it is of much interest here in the Vinyl thread but I have 4 different releases of this on CD.  They were all supposedly "different sounding."    Don't have the vinyl though... go figure.   

Could you tell the difference? 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, JohnJ said:

Saw the resurrected Yes thread yesterday and pulled out Fragile. Then realized I have not played it in years.

It was astounding on my rebuilt rig I think my Forte IIIs might have broken in finally. The upper ranges have opened up and resemble the airiness (looks funny spelled out) of the big Heritage speakers now. I've got to get Close to the Edge replaced and I might have all that I need from them.

Some of the older LPs have sound that blows the regular cds away!

Untitled.jpg

usually remastered vinyl is not

from the vinyl masters or direct from

the analog tapes...and not all vintage

pressings are the same...

But vinyl still blows away digital..

unless digital is the source...

it could be a toss up....

and if your not getting the sound you

should...your turntable is not set-up

correctly..

http://www.soundfountain.com/amb/ttadjust.html 

Full range take a look at this..

http://www.soundfountain.com/amb/ttring.html

• Like 4

@dirtmudd thank you and also @billybob, @Tigerman & way southern @Full Range for y'alls outpouring of likes.

The new tt and moving coil that I've got with the tubes between the vinyl and the speakers sound really good! When I played The Yes Album a few weeks ago I flipped it three times, listening to the whole lp twice in a row. The bass is strong on that one. Glad I always used decent carts & needles, a lot of my records are still good. The lp in the above pic was made in 1972 played a lot, then not at all since about three years ago when the old tt croaked.

"We Have Heaven" describes the playback well! Might not have the variable impedance exact but the mechanics are good. Appreciate the shared links.

My Heart Magazine hybrid sacd does do almost as well or better routed through the preamp but.....

vinyl is just vinyl 

Can't really compare it to anything else but another LP.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

You are VERY welcome John................   Great you are up and running again with vinyl ^_^....   Nice that you took care of your LPs....   I am SO surprised when I spin an LP from the library here that I have not played or SEEN in 25 - 35  plus years and it STILL looks and sounds new...  Just step back and think, just how fussy I was with my recordings, and I STILL have not changed, and it looks like that same sentiment goes for your library as well  :emotion-21:  ....

Tomorrow evening, Music Hall will once again be OPEN for listening, and there WILL as always be a vinyl selection or two for posting here as well as over in RTM where I hangout mostly...

Take care gents, enjoy the evening OR the morning depending on your location in this world :D...

..........Gary     

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

While Mrs FR is shopping again I am home alone 

And that means quite time for record spinning 

Decided to listen to a trio of The Doors albums that arrived from New York State 

Last album with Morrison 

Love this album and to me it’s more blues with a little psychedelic flavour and at times classic jazz 

Quite a few tracks stand out as favourites to many 

Atrist - The Doors

Title - L.A. Woman 

56517C9C-D15B-4C28-87F1-92BDAB59F0CB.jpeg

• Like 4

Good evening everyone ....   In honor of Mike sending me (like he did for Paul) a lovely Christmas package, I am playing one of his favorites.....

U.K.   Really enjoying this album thought the Marantz / Reference Premiers / Rega kit this evening here in Music Hall......  :)   Pictured are my gift Nonpareils that were part of a big delivery from Mike....DSCN1353.jpg

• Like 3