Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

8 minutes ago, Full Range said:

Etta James 
What a voice especially when she sings rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr in certain parts of songs 

All Etta does (did, RIP) is fantastic!

Blues, Soul, Jazz, and some all out, Rock and Roll.

👋👋

• Like 2

4 hours ago, MicroMara said:

nice tt , looks simillar to  a german Dr. Feickert Woodpecker

Thx MM

Yes it is a Woodpecker that I bought a month or so ago and I am very happy with this bird.

A year and a half ago I bought a vintage Denon DP-62L just to see if I would like getting back into

vinyl.

The 62 with a Hana EH mounted sounded decent but the Woodpecker, Schick arm and Charisma Signature Cartridge

is a different animal all together!

Right now I am using a budget Vista Audio Phono2 phono stage and it does not sound bad.

But after auditioning a Allnnic H-5500 for a couple of weeks in my system, I know things can be better.

I am hoping to go have a look and a listen to a 2nd hand Pass Labs XP-17 in the next couple days, but it would

need to be special to out do the H-5500.

• Like 3

Has anyone of You gents ever heard or even owned the Kenwood Supreme 1? Stumbeled across it while browsing vintage gear. Instead of the usual speaker terminals, i.e. a pair for a pair of speakers, it splits the output to high/ mid/ low for one speaker, so I could feed the signal to the chassis of my Heresy directly, by-passing the crossovers.

http://www.thevintageknob.org/kenwood-Supreme_1.html

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

No clue @AndreG..  Should work but I've never had one or even seen one til now.  lol  I never really stayed up w/the Kenwood gear.  Back in the day I ran a big Marantz receiver, a pair of ESS Heil - AMT1 and had a pair of Marantz Electrostatic headphones.  Then I slipped into the rabbit hole and went w/an entire rack full of SAE gear with the 400w SAE 2600 amp and a pair of Intinity Reference Standard 2.5's.  THEN it got worse for the wallet.  lol   Downhill ever since.  lol

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Dave1291 said:

ESS Heil - AMT1

I was 11 y/o when I listened to a marantz ess and dual setup

it was incredible!

The only thing left of that setup

Is the marantz and dual

It was my friends father's setup.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, AndreG. said:

Those SAEs look humongous. 2x400 Watts? Wow! What does one need all that power for...?

Because cleanliness in next to Godliness.   She was my favorite!  There's a backstory with that amp.  Basically the SAE Line was developed and the Infinity line was paired specifically with the SAE.  It truly was a match made in heaven.  

1 hour ago, AndreG. said:

Ordered wood panels this week. Operation "Off the Floor" is in progress now! 😄

Oh boy, no more butt crack!    Plumbers Bum GIF - Plumbers Bum GIFs

Thanks for that @KROCK     😂

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

54 minutes ago, dirtmudd said:

I was 11 y/o when I listened to a marantz ess and dual setup

it was incredible!

That's what I had.  I'd had those things sitting here forever.  Actually, threw them into the deal on my LS.  He put them on his system and they still sounded great.  I honestly don't know how either.  I put the HURT on them.  Maybe they self-healed sittin around here for 30 years or so.  lol  

Now I see the Heil in here and chuckle.  I'd NEVER insult PWK by putting those drivers on REAL loudspeakers.  lol  They work I guess soooo smile and move on.   😂

That Fillmore lp should sound stellar!  Sween snag.  :)

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Dave1291 said:

That's what I had.  I'd had those things sitting here forever.  Actually, threw them into the deal on my LS.  He put them on his system and they still sounded great.  I honestly don't know how either.  I put the HURT on them.  Maybe they self-healed sittin around here for 30 years or so.  lol  

Now I see the Heil in here and chuckle.  I'd NEVER insult PWK by putting those drivers on REAL loudspeakers.  lol  They work I guess soooo smile and move on.   😂

That Fillmore lp should sound stellar!  Sween snag.  :)

Up on the varic letting it settle in

Listing to FZ one size fits all

IMG_20230429_130307_02.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Dave1291 said:

Because cleanliness in next to Godliness.   She was my favorite!  There's a backstory with that amp.  Basically the SAE Line was developed and the Infinity line was paired specifically with the SAE.  It truly was a match made in heaven.  

Oh boy, no more butt crack!    Plumbers Bum GIF - Plumbers Bum GIFs

Thanks for that @KROCK     😂

Don´t worry about the butt cack, the lowest one will be low! For the amp, the TTs will be a little higher on the shelves above it. 😁

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2