Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

2 hours ago, Full Range said:

Has anyone noticed that the photos on the centre label is slightly different on each side 

I have. But what I really only noticed now was this:

Cover art[edit]

The gatefold cover art for Eve by Hipgnosis features three women wearing veils (two on the front, one on the reverse), with their faces partially in shadow. The shadows and veils partially conceal disfiguring scars and sores (the lesions were not real, however[9]). Controversy over the disfiguring of the models' faces brought comment from Eric Woolfson, "The cover seemed a mis-match to me. It was a brilliant cover from Hipgnosis, but it didn't reflect my thinking at all, or relate to what is made clear on the Record."[10]

I only saw it first when I looked at the gatefold-cover of my LP, CD is too small to notice...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, AndreG. said:

@Full Range Paul, I´ve been browsing vintage hifi-gear this weekend. I only now noticed, Your 401 is an idler! Don´t know why, but somehow I was surprised. I was always of the opinion that it was a direct-drive...

Yes it is an idler 

But don’t fret about it, and now you know you have that knowledge under your belt 

2 hours ago, AndreG. said:

I have. But what I really only noticed now was this:

Cover art[edit]

The gatefold cover art for Eve by Hipgnosis features three women wearing veils (two on the front, one on the reverse), with their faces partially in shadow. The shadows and veils partially conceal disfiguring scars and sores (the lesions were not real, however[9]). Controversy over the disfiguring of the models' faces brought comment from Eric Woolfson, "The cover seemed a mis-match to me. It was a brilliant cover from Hipgnosis, but it didn't reflect my thinking at all, or relate to what is made clear on the Record."[10]

I only saw it first when I looked at the gatefold-cover of my LP, CD is too small to notice...

Yes that is true 

All the models have scars or burns ect on all the images 

It was just recently pointed out to me because one needs to look harder to see

But I knew about the one in the white dress and veil 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AndreG. said:

No Sir, no fretting! Of my four (!?!) TTs, three are idlers. 😉

Well you need to add the 301 or 401 to the list 

My model was built about 1965/66 based on the serial number 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, AndreG. said:

Will You give me a loan please? 😂

No problem if I was the bank of Full Range 😇

I had two 401s at one time, and sold the other unit for $800 AU about 10 years ago 

I still have a Revox TT and a Thorens TD147 as my spare units 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, AndreG. said:

I took a peek yesterday. There was a 401, plus arm and plinth, for about 1500€ on Ebay here...

ed.: That was just the chassis. Complete was close to 3000€!

Look in England at local paper or local trader advertisements 

Thats where you will find bargains 

The 401 is built like a tank so even if it looks shabby, it is easy to bring it up to spec 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

PXL_20230501_142926512.jpg.6cdf502d72ce4feb263f4565961ca09c.jpg

PXL_20230501_144045860.thumb.jpg.95b853903f2c39f33353b3e149fcaa42.jpg

When I first saw these, I thought it was another one for the bin, but no! Only the last song skiped in three places until the needle plowed through. So, I will keep it after all as the rest is quiet. I´ve had worse LPs that looked way better at first sight...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 4

@Full Rangestarted this over in the youtube thread and now I'm here on a mission.  Cookin again.  Dream Theater is sooo much like "Yes" was back in the day.  Factor in the 60 years I've been around and I kinda shake my head but...  Yes on steroids perhaps?  I have a ton of their stuff so I was nosin and scored one ready to unzip.   :)  Yes Sir, 3lps callin my name.   :)  Round and round they go.  "Once in a LIVE time"

20230501-171343.jpg

Once in a LIVEtime is the second live album by American progressive metal band Dream Theater, released in 1998. It is their second live release. It was produced and recorded by Kevin Shirley during the European leg of the Touring into Infinity world tour, at the Bataclan theater in Paris.

Jay Beckenstein of Spyro Gyra plays alto saxophone on "Take Away My Pain". 

:) Enjoy!  You're going feel like ya just jogged 5 miles all in the comfort of your living room. Then ya begin the ride.  You'll be smiling!   Goals, remember Goals....  😂

• Like 5