Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

Hello friends..........glad to make it back with a bit of vinyl listening.  It was a somewhat saddening morning when I learned of the passing of Tony Bennett.  So, today - Friday- I am doing a little tribute with the two albums from my library.

To start, the living room system / Bang and Olufsen with UTurn Custom and Klipsch RP-600m standmounts.  I will return after I go to the market and spin the other recording from Music Hall.  RIP Tony 🍷 IMG-2799.jpg

IMG-2800.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

42 minutes ago, GWSmith said:

...Side TWO and a vibe photo as a light rain falls.   More in a bit.IMG-2803.jpg

IMG-2802.jpg

Yes Gary they were a great duo , but Tony and Amy Winehouse were so awesome it makes me cry when i see this vid

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

42 minutes ago, MicroMara said:

Yes Gary they were a great duo , but Tony and Amy Winehouse were so awesome it makes me cry when i see this vid

Very nice and smooth arrangement MM.  I also found their last note interesting being the first and second notes of the scale (whole step apart) :)   Just got back from the market, so I will be spinning what I believe his last duo album.

• Like 4

Good evening everyone.  Well, at days end, it is time to relax here in LFM Hall and continue my tribute to Tony Bennett whom passed away today.   

This album is a celebration of Gershwin with the Diana Krall and Bill Charlap Trio.  Recorded in 2018 in NYC. at Jimmy Hendrick's studio (Electric Ladyland), where my 80ies career rock band recorded TWICE!

Listening to the sweet sounds of the Willsenton integrated now outfitted completely with JJ. Electronics tubes (latest rolling) including EL-34 outputs driving the Forte' 4's.  :biggrin2:

Here is the cover art. IMG-2804.jpg

Inner sleave photo....IMG-2805.jpg

Rear cover art.....IMG-2808.jpg

• Like 6

19 minutes ago, GWSmith said:

Good evening everyone.  Well, at days end, it is time to relax here in LFM Hall and continue my tribute to Tony Bennett whom passed away today.   

This album is a celebration of Gershwin with the Diana Krall and Bill Charlap Trio.  Recorded in 2018 in NYC. at Jimmy Hendrick's studio (Electric Ladyland), where my 80ies career rock band recorded TWICE!

Listening to the sweet sounds of the Willsenton integrated now outfitted completely with JJ. Electronics tubes (latest rolling) including EL-34 outputs driving the Forte' 4's.  :biggrin2:

Here is the cover art. IMG-2804.jpg

Inner sleave photo....IMG-2805.jpg

Rear cover art.....IMG-2808.jpg

RIP Tony Bennett 

He was a legend to other artists and everyday fans

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Just arriving and unpacked 

Will open and give a thorough clean before spinning later on tonight 

Fingers crossed it is faultless as a small number have reported quality issues 

Artist - Mike Oldfield 

Title - Tubular Bells 50th anniversary 1/2 speed 

Album ID - https://www.discogs.com/release/27186831-Mike-Oldfield-Tubular-Bells-

IMG-4502.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I am glad to report that the 50th anniversary Tubular Bells was well packed in its cover and the paper sleeves were plastic lined so the record was not scuffed 

But I did notice a few fingerprints on the record surface 

After cleaning I settled in for a listen and my first impressions were excellent 

Just a quick evaluation for ya all 

Overall it’s a well mixed record with everything in place

However if they just reduced the loudness of the pipe organ at the lower register by 10% it would be perfect 

Having said that it was very enjoyable to have the musical layers open up very cleanly to just enjoy the work without having to strain the ears on certain complex notes that are dotted throughout the record 

So it was a good purchase in my opinion 

IMG-4503.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

I gave the Garrard 401 its annual service today, noting that it was built in 1965/6 

In the past I have pulled it all apart to service everything and made judicial modifications 

I also took this opportunity to replace the face plate made of stainless steel that I purchased many years ago 

Looks and works like new again 

Everything in the drive section pulled apart ( old face plate ) 

IMG-4505.jpg

All back together after cleaning, lubricating and sanding all the drive surfaces to remove rubber and shine - including the idler wheel and eddy brake 

IMG-4504.jpg

New face plate ready to go on 

IMG-4506.jpg

See just like new again 🤘

IMG-4508.jpg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2