Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

Time to unzip a few!  Gotta get outta this "waitin on the plumber" state of mind.

No problemo on this Richard Wright "Wet Dreams" remix/master by Steve Wilson here @Full Range.  Tight, clean, open and just sounds amazing.  Crazy good lp.  :)

image.png

Wet Dream is the debut solo album by Pink Floyd keyboardist Richard Wright, released in 1978.

Wet Dream was self-produced and Wright wrote all the songs himself, except "Pink's Song", which was co-written with his then-wife, Juliette, who, as Juliette Gale, had provided vocals to a pre-Pink Floyd song "Walk with Me Sydney". Wet Dream was recorded at Super Bear Studios, Alpes-Maritimes, in early 1978,[2] the same studio where bandmate David Gilmour would record his eponymous solo album just weeks after the recording of Wet Dream.  

Wilson's work has totally opened this lp up from the original pressing.  Crazy good and just keeps getting better.   :)

• Like 5

Nice lil double JJ Cale "The Silvertone Years" lp from Music on Vinyl #372 of 1500.  If ya like JJ Cale this is one h3ll of an album.  If ya don't really know his backstory ya might wanna check him out.  

My advice if ya want a RIDE don't waste anytime and snag it while ya can!  He's special and this double lp is worth every penny.  Pricey but KILLER!!  :)!  

John Weldon "J. J." Cale[1] (December 5, 1938 – July 26, 2013) was an American guitarist, singer, and songwriter. Though he avoided the limelight,[2] his influence as a musical artist has been acknowledged by figures such as Mark Knopfler, Neil Young, Waylon Jennings, and Eric Clapton, who described him as one of the most important artists in rock history.[3] He is one of the originators of the Tulsa sound, a loose genre drawing on blues, rockabilly, country, and jazz.

It's kind of ironic. When Andrew Lauder of Silvertone said he'd like to put out some tapes, I just got a bunch together and they put 'em out as an album. It wasn't till I got to listening to the album that I noticed that I'd written a bunch of tunes in the last four or five years about towns, and places, and travellin' around.

image.png

Another great one gone too soon!  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

image.png

The Soul Sessions is the debut studio album by English singer and songwriter Joss Stone, released on 16 September 2003 by S-Curve Records. The album consists of cover versions of soul songs from the 1960s and 1970s, in addition to a cover of the White Stripes' 2001 song "Fell in Love with a Girl" (renamed "Fell in Love with a Boy"). In 2004, The Soul Sessions was shortlisted for the Mercury Prize and was nominated for a MOBO Award for Best Album.[2][3]

This woman makes me wonder.  Some love her and some give her a "blah!"  I picked up her most recent lp and had questions.  It was a good lp but not a Joplin voice at all but a mix maybe?  A Janice wannabe?  Nah, but Joss is still VERY different.  I just couldn't put my finger on it.

I went back to her first lp, got a notice it showed up so I snagged it.  She's got her own style that's for sure and it's different yet still make me wonder.  She's good.  Darn good.  Her delivery is also amazing.  She's different in a sometimes great way in other ways not so much.  

What say you?  

Signed.  Stumped in Ohio!  😂

• Like 3

Gotta thank @Full Range for this post.  It's story time!

The two-hour drive to Detroit just to hit the "Roostertail" for teen days was almost weekly for me as most everyone knows.  I started into Motown since I'm ancient.  Just a few "white" kids in a predominantly "black" club havin fun catchin a groove w/ALL the artists of that era.   It wasn't anything like things are at some places today.  I'll just stop there with that thought. 

When I picked up "Sixto" Rodriguez's "Cold Facts" lp that Paul mentioned and then someone mentioned maybe Marvel his history.  A bell went off when I searched him out.  A group of kids I knew were talking about this dude who was BETTER than Bob Dylan who just lived down the street.  I totally blew that off cause NO one was better than Dylan.  Little did I know.

Sooo, if you don't have his "Cold Fact" lp I highly recommend adding it before they're gone.  I did another thing too.  I picked up another of his before it's gone.  It's VERY different from "Cold Facts" as his lyrics and presentation are featured imore n the final mix.

Sad that he's gone now and his lp's are breaking out all over.  Paying back now for what a lot of us missed by listening to Dylan.  Yea you really do need both to complete "yourself" if you're anything like me.  :)

image.png

:)  Thank me later!  BOTH are 5-star from me.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Dave1291 said:

@Mycuff   Don't worry about a thing with that turntable.  He's got room for ONE more tone arm!  I can't wait.  I KNOW it's gonna happen!  😂

You see Dave , the problem is  if I gonna do that , how shall I put a disc onto the platter ? 😂 NO, it´s fine like it is ! And I´ve got an option to make a heavy tonearm out of the middel heavy MA 505 , all I need is to use a much heavier headshell than it´s a heavy one , I did that with my AT V7 MM allready beacuse this cart needs a heavy tonearm for optimal scanning 

AT7V.thumb.jpg.0c81162a16f264b5f6cf0a83944c7782.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Dave1291 said:

No problemo on this Richard Wright "Wet Dreams" remix/master by Steve Wilson here @Full Range.  Tight, clean, open and just sounds amazing.  Crazy good lp.  :)

Glad to hear you have a good pressing 

‘And also glad you enjoyed the music 

1 hour ago, Dave1291 said:

When I picked up "Sixto" Rodriguez's "Cold Facts" lp that Paul mentioned and then someone mentioned maybe Marvel his history.  A bell went off when I searched him out.  A group of kids I knew were talking about this dude who was BETTER than Bob Dylan who just lived down the street.  I totally blew that off cause NO one was better than Dylan.  Little did I know.

The 2 Sixto releases are just fantastic and yes he passed away last year 

• Like 1

Hello Paul and friends!  Hope you are staying dry, cool or warm depending on where you are.  Here in the NE,  slushy snow on the ground, temps have gone from single numbers to 40 degrees F. and will be higher with rain over the next few days.. Needless to say, foggy day here!

Anyway, I fell in love with the silicone mat I picked up some time ago for the REGA P6 table, so I ordered a second one for the U-Turn and that just arrived.  Here is a photo just taken.   I will spin some vinyl on it soon.   

But right now, waiting for my Amazon delivery of some special capacitors for my newest speaker/ crossover restoration.   More photos to share in a bit.  Enjoy the music !  :emotion-29:  IMG-2983.jpg

• Like 7

I was awaiting my new caps, and probably because of the floods etc. in the south, my latest tracking showed a delay from today to SUNDAY!   So, sadly, the speaker project will be on hold for a bit longer.  Just took these two photos as they sit on my kitchen island.  

These are the SuperScope S-212 from 1974 made in California, which are really in very nice shape all around considering they are 50 years old!   My next featured play will be a TRIO of Linda Ronstadts Nelson Riddle arrangement recordings, probably on Sunday after these gems get the crossover caps installed ^_^.

Lower photo shows the crossover with it's large axial cap sitting in it's metal holder.   They will stay in place, and the new ones will be installed and ty-wrapped to them to keep things original.

IMG-2984.jpg

IMG-2985.jpg

• Like 6

4 hours ago, GWSmith said:

I was awaiting my new caps, and probably because of the floods etc. in the south, my latest tracking showed a delay from today to SUNDAY!   So, sadly, the speaker project will be on hold for a bit longer.  Just took these two photos as they sit on my kitchen island.  

These are the SuperScope S-212 from 1974 made in California, which are really in very nice shape all around considering they are 50 years old!   My next featured play will be a TRIO of Linda Ronstadts Nelson Riddle arrangement recordings, probably on Sunday after these gems get the crossover caps installed ^_^.

Lower photo shows the crossover with it's large axial cap sitting in it's metal holder.   They will stay in place, and the new ones will be installed and ty-wrapped to them to keep things original.

IMG-2984.jpg

IMG-2985.jpg

Good luck with the upgrade project 

The crossover looks simple enough and the new components should give the speakers a new lease on life - however in my experience I need to advise - don’t overlook the resistors 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1