Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

4 hours ago, HPower said:

Hubba, bubblelicious!

I just finished spinning this for the first time...

IMG_3158.thumb.jpg.71339fee769a4999728b1e369a730cee.jpg

As LD would say, "Pretty, pretty,,, Pretty Good!

😍

pretty pretty cool I agree ! It´s  always pretty as well  to see a german Dr. Feickert TT here  . model " Woodpecker " with a Jelco 12 "

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, MicroMara said:

pretty pretty cool I agree ! It´s  always pretty as well  to see a german Dr. Feickert TT here  . model " Woodpecker " with a Jelco 12 "

I ordered the Woodpecker with just has the basic 12” Thomas Schick arm.

This set up has been great with my Charisma Audio, Signature One cartridge.

If I ever get the bug to tweak this set up, it would be to maybe swap the TS for a Kuzma, 4Point arm.

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Full Range said:

Good luck with the upgrade project 

The crossover looks simple enough and the new components should give the speakers a new lease on life - however in my experience I need to advise - don’t overlook the resistors 

Thanks Paul, I wasn't too concerned with the resistors, they are wire wound ceramic.  These speakers were used for background music all there lives. never pushed....well, that will change of course now that they are in my home/system, we'll see how they do 😆.

I will keep you and our friends informed.  The caps are now sitting in an Amazon facility that is only a half hour drive from my home!, yet they are saying it will still take 3 days to get here.  Think I need to make a phone call :smile:.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Dave1291 said:

Relax!  It'll sort!  lol

Yes Dave, I am with you on that, I believe that they may just show up today...   Watching the tracking and hoping to see 'Out for Delivery'.  Really excited to get these together and sitting back to enjoy some music after the project concludes.   You'll all be the first to know!  🍷

• Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, Dave1291 said:

Oh, I'm not worried.  You've got it under complete control.  Lil youtube whiskey blues while I wait on the coffee.  It always sorts!  lol

Sounds good to me, got my breakfast and coffee going as well, music in a bit. :emotion-44:

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, GWSmith said:

music in a bit

Just dropped some "Whiskey Blues" over in the youtube spinning thread.  3 hours of bliss so far.  Fire it up.  :)  At about the 53 minute mark some dude just fired up the B3 along with some keys.  Smoooooth brother!

• Thanks 3

6 hours ago, Dave1291 said:

Just dropped some "Whiskey Blues" over in the youtube spinning thread.  3 hours of bliss so far.  Fire it up.  :)  At about the 53 minute mark some dude just fired up the B3 along with some keys.  Smoooooth brother!

Nice, I love my Hammond organ/Leslie.  Such a sweet sound, the perfect blues/jazz/rock/reggae  instrument, it just fits in everywhere!  

Ok, just a couple update photos from moments ago (it is all connected to vinyl in some way ;)).  The quality of these speakers shows in a number of ways.  The 12" woofers are NOT screwed into the MDF rim, but machine screws into T nut hardware, NICE!    The second shot is of the USA made banana to spade jumpers for the screw terminals on the rear panel.    More in a bit.IMG-2990.jpg

IMG-2989.jpg

• Like 5

btw I spun some lp´s as well and just finished the session .

Queens debut from 1973 was the first

Queen1.thumb.jpg.4f54183a94cd9d5e9ab239fd9151203a.jpg

followed by Grand Funk , you see the 3d plastic glasses in the frontcover ? I never used them, but I shall try because the front and backcover as well as the inlet poster having an 3 d print

GrandFunkShininOn1.thumb.jpg.bace96dd94016c66ee180775aa2774d3.jpg

followed by Focus " Moving Waves " origin netherland issue

FocusMovingWaves.thumb.jpg.5889324ce47f71ee07c9a3b980f6b947.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

than a Genesis Session Wind & wuthering first

Genesiswindandwuthering.thumb.jpg.50b2d0aca2ab8d292e5c82a5c7298be8.jpg

followed by Nursery Crimes

GenesisNurseryCrimes.thumb.jpg.c612ff06116b2f6b3f762d321a557c44.jpg

than Trespass

GenesisTrespass.thumb.jpg.fd44a661c35bbc02214397932bbb3151.jpg

than I changed to Peter Green´s  " White Sky " from 1982 as last one

PeterGreenWhiteSky.thumb.jpg.d1f16c79ce6667695e8ed62dfe6eefb0.jpg

It´s 22.15 pm here and I´m going to watch a movie now ..see you !

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1