Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

@Tim Sr. that sounds like you do know!

I haven't had my current 100% JBM (select, cheap but nice) but four or five times the last month, so when I start making 40 oz at a time...

I'll be wired!

sam1.jpg

sam2.jpg

sam3.jpg

I picked up their Linn clone that is everything that was plus a lot more when it came out.

The ProJect Classic, the cart stunk so I put one on that brought out the articulate highs, the rich bass, and the liquid smooth mids.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, JohnJ said:

@Tim Sr. that sounds like you do know!

I haven't had my current 100% JBM (select, cheap but nice) but four or five times the last month, so when I start making 40 oz at a time...

I'll be wired!

sam1.jpg

sam2.jpg

sam3.jpg

I picked up their Linn clone that is everything that was plus a lot more when it came out.

The ProJect Classic, the cart stunk so I put one on that brought out the articulate highs, the rich bass, and the liquid smooth mids.

Boy oh boy 

I’m in love with that hat 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

10 minutes ago, Full Range said:

Boy oh boy 

I’m in love with that hat 

Had those in a folder for so long not sure if I'd used it here before. Things like complexion, and hair come into play with stuff like cowboy hats. More with tats. You've got Mediterranean in you, might could pull it off Paul!

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Had those in a folder for so long not sure if I'd used it here before. Things like complexion, and hair come into play with stuff like cowboy hats. More with tats. You've got Mediterranean in you, might could pull it off Paul!

Im pretty sure I can pull it off - However I am in the market for a wide brim Panama Fedora if anyone wants to part with one 

But here are a few of my name sake Paul W Clipsch

large-black-and-white-2-JPEG-317x250.jpg  KlipschPaul_f.jpg

PaulKlipsch_f.jpg  fa9a05016b8dc1d033636fd081b7498c--cowboy

• Like 7

7 hours ago, JohnJ said:

Going on three ()(*&%$ing years now trying to make myself content with a couple hundred cd's instead of 700 - 800 ultrasonic cleaned, pristine and new LPs.

What´s the problem JJ ? Thought that you rented a store where all your audio gear and vinyl was stored till you´ve moved into the new house. Was it all stolen from you or did you have to sell it?

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, MicroMara said:

What´s the problem JJ ? Thought that you rented a store where all your audio gear and vinyl was stored till you´ve moved into the new house. Was it all stolen from you or did you have to sell it?

At first I had stuff in two 10' X 15' X 9' storage bins floor to ceiling.

I know about missing your LPs.

Think I've seriously lost it over the issues causing me to not having 95% of my belongings anymore.

60 and on SS I can't replace all of it now, what is irreplaceable I'm under threat to stay away. 

Think I'll take a break from all this for a while.

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

I'm not sure if this is proper to ask here so forgive me if it is. Does anyone have any vinyl that they are looking to sell? Specifically I am looking for three Rush albums that right now appear to be ridiculously expensive to get a hold of. Counterparts, Roll the Bones and Test for Echo. If anyone has any of them or has a lead I would greatly appreciate it. Once again, if this is out of line  I apologize and just forget that I asked. Almost forgot, make that four, Snakes and Arrows.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Full Range said:

Im pretty sure I can pull it off - However I am in the market for a wide brim Panama Fedora if anyone wants to part with one 

Take a look at Sterkowski Hats. Based in Poland. Quality stuff. I have three of their hats. Love them.

17 hours ago, Full Range said:

classic-fedora-chicago.jpg

leather-cowboy-hat.jpg

• Like 1

@Abomb Imo, it's fine to ask about the Rush lp's.  I've got single copies of most of them but no doubles. 

On this site you can keep an eye on ths Garage Sale section.  Some of the guys in here do sell on occasion and list there.  Could try the band site and see if they have any there or some guys use Discogs. 

I know a place in Ohio that would prolly have them but you'd pay big time.  That dude has been in business since the 60's buying like 50 of everything and sittin on them forever waitin to cash in.  He does too.  First pressiings of just about anything you want.  I love the place but the last time I was there I dropped 450$ in about 20 minutes.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dave1291 said:

@Abomb Imo, it's fine to ask about the Rush lp's.  I've got single copies of most of them but no doubles. 

On this site you can keep an eye on ths Garage Sale section.  Some of the guys in here do sell on occasion and list there.  Could try the band site and see if they have any there or some guys use Discogs. 

I know a place in Ohio that would prolly have them but you'd pay big time.  That dude has been in business since the 60's buying like 50 of everything and sittin on them forever waitin to cash in.  He does too.  First pressiings of just about anything you want.  I love the place but the last time I was there I dropped 450$ in about 20 minutes.  

I tried Discogs etc...I'm not even looking for original. The re-pressing is going for $180.00 and up. It doesn't help that on Discogs the Seller can look at how much it sold for the last time someone else sold it. It only takes one person fishing for a big payout and landing a fish to make the prices go sky high. Oh well...that's life in the big city.  🤬

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Abomb said:

Oh well...that's life in the big city

Pretty much life anywhere today.  60 years ago ppl thought I was nuts buying lp's.  In a class w/the guys buying baseball cards.  Stupid.  I'm sittin here w/a house full in prime shape cause I played the 45's.  Ya croak the shops buy it for a quarter on the dollar cause no one wants to take care of it.  Ya sell it yourself and ya get cherry picked and wind up w/squat.  I think the guys w/ball cards actually make out better.  That's just a boring hobby.  Waaaay too quiet.  lol

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Abomb said:

Both from Sterkowski Hats

‘Thanks for the suggestion 
A Panama hat is is actually made of straw in Ecuador and the best ones are made by hand in Montecristi 

Monticristi_Straw_Hat_Optimo.jpg

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Full Range said:

‘Thanks for the suggestion 
A Panama hat is is actually made of straw in Ecuador and the best ones are made by hand in Montecristi 

Monticristi_Straw_Hat_Optimo.jpg

No problem. Personally I would love to get their Siberia hat for those times I need to pull out the snowblower. 

aviator-cap-collar-mask.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 4