Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

4 minutes ago, billybob said:

An easy fix is what I think is called for if possible as all that drilling and stuff can get tedious. Unless you have the sight, tools and patience.

What do you think? If all that is needed is the proper screws, just a matter of finding them or(easy) them finding you...:emotion-21:

here goes it looks like I need

a whim kit...

vinyl nirvana carries them.  

http://vintagethorens.com/home/thorens-upgrade-parts/universal-mods-and-upgrades/01shim/

I want to try out the at440...

before I invest more $$$ in a cartridge..

but I'm sending the td125 out

for a restore to vinyl nirvana...

after the holidays..with no custom

work done..other than a record weight....

• Like 2

Good evening Paul and friends................Starting my RTM Friday night with some classic Yes............an album I bought back in 1979 and did really like, hardly played it....   Fast forward all these years, and I have fallen in LOVE with it ever since :wub:...

Here is the cover.............wine poured, time to enjoy some relaxation, VINO and good music through the old Dual 506 and all tube Dynaco gear via Klipschorns for the evening....  :DDSCN0078.jpg

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, dirtmudd said:

here goes it looks like I need

a whim kit...

vinyl nirvana carries them.  

http://vintagethorens.com/home/thorens-upgrade-parts/universal-mods-and-upgrades/01shim/

I want to try out the at440...

before I invest more $$$ in a cartridge..

but I'm sending the td125 out

for a restore to vinyl nirvana...

after the holidays..with no custom

work done..other than a record weight....

For some reason I was wondering if you needed spacers or shims. Well, if that is the fix, I say go for it. While on site, make sure you have all that is needed or, what you may need for future variations on a headshell. Good shopping...and good to go?!

• Like 1

......one for the vinyl crowd's enjoyment.................the old Ortofon which was original and installed on the DUAL when bought new back in 1979...   Here is a photo while YES Tormato plays on....................."Onward" playing now....DSCN0083.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

OK; did "Super Session" (Mike Bloomfield, Al Kooper, Steve Stills ... major album when I was in College many years ago ... not too many people recognize it anymore :( ) 2nd bottle of wine and switched to Handel's Messiah ... AWESOME on Cornwall's :) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Tigerman said:

WOW, two bottles of vino! 

Just Kendall Jackson Chardonnay ... have to finish the case before my wife gets home from shopping in NY :)  Next on my TT is Beethoven's 9th or Chuck Mangione ... or Jimi Hendrix. Guess I like a wide variety :) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Emile said:

OK; did "Super Session" (Mike Bloomfield, Al Kooper, Steve Stills ... major album when I was in College many years ago ... not too many people recognize it anymore :( ) 2nd bottle of wine and switched to Handel's Messiah ... AWESOME on Cornwall's :) 

It takes a train to cry, season of the witch...some have said steve stills in top 10 for the time. of course the other names speak for themselves. a healthy confab of the 1st order, in my humble...

Poated the lp which I have and a youtube of the same. obviously to me, the lp is as they say da bomb...

you are at the right place and RTM is a super hitter as well as...Welcome!:emotion-21:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Emile said:

Just Kendall Jackson Chardonnay ... have to finish the case before my wife gets home from shopping in NY :)  Next on my TT is Beethoven's 9th or Chuck Mangione ... or Jimi Hendrix. Guess I like a wide variety :) 

are you in ny state ?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dirtmudd said:

are you in ny state ?

No; Florida. Lived/worked in OH (Power Plants ... NO; did not work on Three Mile Island :) /MA (Boston Consulting)/CA (Apple)/VA (Factory automation)  ... Thin blood now ... have to stay in FL :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, billybob said:

train to cry, season of the witch

Awesome record :) 1968? But room mate in college 1972-79 (OK; did not take me 7 years to get a Bachelor's ... got some advanced degrees :) ) played it 24hrs/day. Still think it is one of the best albums ever :)

• Like 1

Do not have it in front of me but yeah, along in there.

2 minutes ago, Emile said:

Awesome record :) 1968? But room mate in college 1972-79 (OK; did not take me 7 years to get a Bachelor's ... got some advanced degrees :) ) played it 24hrs/day. Still think it is one of the best albums ever :)

Listen to it whenever possible. Turned onto it by young dudes, think in 69 while attending HS in Orlando. Turned onto a lot of stuff there like a garage band...Hope your degree has served you well...B)

• Like 1