Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

9 minutes ago, Emile said:

My wife likes to shop in NY ... everytime she goes on a shopping trip I buy another set of Klipsch speakers ... she doesn't even notice

But ... now I want some Klipshorns ... how do I "hide these?"

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, billybob said:

Cool...excuse the wear,etc... vinyl in decent shape

billybob,

Also got it on a remastered CD - 2003 I think. Has additional tracks (Albert's shuffle, Season of the Witch, etc ...) WITHOUT the "brass" which was added "after" the original recording, Awesome :) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ok, I must confess.............playing around with a new camera, and the guys over in RTM right now are sharing gear photos.  So, I just took this one from the listening area looking toward the front lineup....   The outside edge of the KH's is about 20'.....(18.5' on centers)    Enjoying  them with the tube gear tonight :emotion-21: and wished you were all here to share in it this evening.....  :)DSCN0085.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, billybob said:

Didm't we talk the other day/week about forte or Forte 2's

Yeah; guy found a pair of Forte I's (which turned out to be II's) and we both recommended getting them ... but seller was an a**hole. Not sure how it ended :) 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, dirtmudd said:

have both the headshells....

the one that was on the td125..

has been drilled and top mountede

screws with a shim between the 

headshell and cartridge..

IMG_20171103_195834_hdr.thumb.jpg.af636ba00faf31c2b37d167de30d1a04.jpg

Yikes! You know I've never used one like that!

Is it proprietary and for Thorens carts only?

How do you manipulate the needle to drop to the right spot on your graph?

My new setup with the headshell integrated into the arm I had to mount the new cart putting the screws in from below. Weird to me but since then I've seen pics of others doing that. 

Is that shell aluminum? Still looks like you'd need a non-garage, laboratory type drill-press for something this size. Had a tapered cylindrical file once but it wasn't small like you'd need for that.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Emile said:

We'll be right over. Please have some wine ready :) 

WINE is ALWAYS at the ready...............bought FOUR bottles for a friendship reunion TOMORROW afternoon.  A fellow I worked with at the aircraft factory years ago....   He had just had his first baby boy last time I saw him and his wife!   Thank you FACEBOOK, I found him a week ago, and have hooked up to have this visit!!    This first child is now 40 years old !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   The next 3 sons have all grown up and moved out as well !   I never new them...    

I am going to try and get my buddy on HERE to enjoy music with all of us.    He was always in to good audio and music and I would visit his apartment often and listen to all kinds of music on his great gear...   This was all going down in the early 70ies.......

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, dirtmudd said:

vinyl

Alright then, you are ready to spin for us when you want to in the future...Enjoy and looking back, we are on the very tip of the berg here.

Fortunately imo, there exists the Klipsch speaker range. My first one was a Chorus pair. Maybe abit bigger than a forte, yet at times, unable to look a gifthorse in the mouth. Let alone question. Going to get an iced-tea and have a sit down. Enjoy whateven happens when shopping for Klipsch. Unless you know what you want. Think I may listen to the SS lp again soon...:emotion-21::emotion-21:

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Emile said:

billybob,

Also got it on a remastered CD - 2003 I think. Has additional tracks (Albert's shuffle, Season of the Witch, etc ...) WITHOUT the "brass" which was added "after" the original recording, Awesome :) 

Not sure have heard and forgot that but, no, guess would not be surprised as to audio editing of audio mix at a later time.

Interesting, thanks.

• Like 1

..........Ok friends...................just finished playing side one of this lovely vintage recording of Bill Evans....  One of TWO LPs released from the same date (June 25, 1961) from the Village Vanguard ...   Really sound GOOD all things considered  ;)... DSCN0086.jpg

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Yikes! You know I've never used one like that!

Is it proprietary and for Thorens carts only?

How do you manipulate the needle to drop to the right spot on your graph?

My new setup with the headshell integrated into the arm I had to mount the new cart putting the screws in from below. Weird to me but since then I've seen pics of others doing that. 

Is that shell aluminum? Still looks like you'd need a non-garage, laboratory type drill-press for something this size. Had a tapered cylindrical file once but it wasn't small like you'd need for that.

not going to do it...the thorens tp50

headshells are hard to come by...

I've seen them both in factory and modified.. there normally $100 +

if you find them...plus shipping

from overseas...

unfortunately I have the thorens td 125.  fitted with the factory tp25 tonearm and tp50 headshell...

I can upgrade the tonearm....

but it looks like crap.. 

with the 3 switches on the front panel...

correct

https://www.ebay.com/i/142377833956?chn=ps&dispItem=1&ul_ref=http%3A%2F%2Frover.ebay.com%2Frover%2F1%2F711-117182-37290-0%2F2%3Fmpre%3Dhttps%253A%252F%252Fwww.ebay.com%252Fi%252F142377833956%253Fchn%253Dps%2526dispItem%253D1%26itemid%3D142377833956%26targetid%3D375032062519%26device%3Dt%26adtype%3Dpla%26googleloc%3D9005290%26poi%3D%26campaignid%3D962079499%26adgroupid%3D51784542430%26rlsatarget%3Dpla-375032062519%26abcId%3D1129816%26merchantid%3D113571936%26gclid%3DEAIaIQobChMIk4yqtu-j1wIVRUOGCh1mLQifEAQYAyABEgIZpPD_BwE%26srcrot%3D711-117182-37290-0%26rvr_id%3D1354198635603

crappy looking

https://www.etsy.com/listing/567918655/thorens-td-125-with-sme-3009-tonearm?gpla=1&gao=1&&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=shopping_us_a-electronics_and_accessories-audio-record_players&utm_custom1=6e625d46-bd06-4a76-868a-ca58fc26972a&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIk4yqtu-j1wIVRUOGCh1mLQifEAQYAiABEgIBCfD_BwE 

the right way from the factory..

you can mount any tonearm !

http://vinylnirvana.com/vintage-turntables-for-sale/the-master-thorens-td-125-mkii-wupgraded-sme-arm/