Jump to content
The Klipsch Audio Community
Full Range

Vinyl - Record Spinning

Recommended Posts

I actually think the early JP is even better maybe un-commercialized.

My holidays are officially over now, the motherlode just came in. 

Found it at 40% less than that high retail price.

Should sound sweet! More to follow.

 

IMG-20190116-171527.jpg

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

motherlode

Get out of the way fat man. You got something to do
Go fill up your hands till they're shining up at you.
You gotta get out while there's gold in the air
It's falling like water, coming down from the hills.
Go West young man
Earn a dollar a day just like your family said.
You're rolling your days right on into the night
The head of the line's going way out of sight.
Go West young man like your family said
All along the wagons
All along the dusty trail.
Seventeen years not over a day
Like children in the wild.
Your mother's milk still wet on your face
And no one to pray for your safe journey home.
Out beyond the desert
Across the mountains by the fall.
Servants who leave their masters house
Are walking all the way.
The golden fields that beckoned you
Are darkened by the years.
Go West Young Man
If you knew then what you know today
You'd be back where you started a happier man
And leave all the glory to those who have remained.
So Go West Young Man
Go West Young Man, like your family said.
 
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ah Mike 😧  

You asked, but I can't completely refrain

You dis' my faves, with nonchalant disdain

I won't disparage what doesn't light my fire

But of wind and wuthering I do tire 

You asked but then you do the same:

 

It was an April morning when they told us we should go
As I turn to you, you smiled at me
How could we say no?

With all the fun to have, to live the dreams we always had
Oh, the songs to sing, when we at last return again

Sending off a glancing kiss, to those who claim they know
Below the streets that steam and hiss,
The devil's in his hole

Oh to sail away, To sandy lands and other days
Oh to touch the dream, Hides inside and never seen.

Into the sun the south the north, at last the birds have flown
The shackles of commitment fell, In pieces on the ground

Oh to ride the wind, To tread the air above the din
Oh to laugh aloud, Dancing as we fought the crowd

To seek the man whose pointing hand, The giant step unfolds
With guidance from the curving path, That churns up into stone

If one bell should ring, in celebration for a king
So fast the heart should beat, As proud the head with heavy feet.

Days went by when you and I, bathed in eternal summers glow
As far away and distant, Our mutual child did grow

Oh the sweet refrain, Soothes the soul and calms the pain
Oh Albion remains, sleeping now to rise again

Wandering wandering, What place to rest the search
The mighty arms of Atlas, Hold the heavens from the earth

The mighty arms of Atlas, Hold the heavens from the earth
From the earth...

I know the way, know the way, know the way, know the way (X2)

Oh the mighty arms of Atlas, Hold the heavens from the earth.

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Ah Mike 😧  

You asked, but I can't completely refrain

You dis' my faves, with nonchalant disdain

I won't disparage what doesn't light my fire

But of wind and wuthering I do tire 

You asked but then you do the same:

 

It was an April morning when they told us we should go
As I turn to you, you smiled at me
How could we say no?

With all the fun to have, to live the dreams we always had
Oh, the songs to sing, when we at last return again

Sending off a glancing kiss, to those who claim they know
Below the streets that steam and hiss,
The devil's in his hole

Oh to sail away, To sandy lands and other days
Oh to touch the dream, Hides inside and never seen.

Into the sun the south the north, at last the birds have flown
The shackles of commitment fell, In pieces on the ground

Oh to ride the wind, To tread the air above the din
Oh to laugh aloud, Dancing as we fought the crowd

To seek the man whose pointing hand, The giant step unfolds
With guidance from the curving path, That churns up into stone

If one bell should ring, in celebration for a king
So fast the heart should beat, As proud the head with heavy feet.

Days went by when you and I, bathed in eternal summers glow
As far away and distant, Our mutual child did grow

Oh the sweet refrain, Soothes the soul and calms the pain
Oh Albion remains, sleeping now to rise again

Wandering wandering, What place to rest the search
The mighty arms of Atlas, Hold the heavens from the earth

The mighty arms of Atlas, Hold the heavens from the earth
From the earth...

I know the way, know the way, know the way, know the way (X2)

Oh the mighty arms of Atlas, Hold the heavens from the earth.

 

your more than welcome to trash what I listen too...

 

I don't care.... I Will turn it up...

 

and it won t bother anyone....

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Ah Mike 😧  

You asked, but I can't completely refrain

You dis' my faves, with nonchalant disdain

I won't disparage what doesn't light my fire

But of wind and wuthering I do tire 

You asked but then you do the same:

 

It was an April morning when they told us we should go
As I turn to you, you smiled at me
How could we say no?

With all the fun to have, to live the dreams we always had
Oh, the songs to sing, when we at last return again

Sending off a glancing kiss, to those who claim they know
Below the streets that steam and hiss,
The devil's in his hole

Oh to sail away, To sandy lands and other days
Oh to touch the dream, Hides inside and never seen.

Into the sun the south the north, at last the birds have flown
The shackles of commitment fell, In pieces on the ground

Oh to ride the wind, To tread the air above the din
Oh to laugh aloud, Dancing as we fought the crowd

To seek the man whose pointing hand, The giant step unfolds
With guidance from the curving path, That churns up into stone

If one bell should ring, in celebration for a king
So fast the heart should beat, As proud the head with heavy feet.

Days went by when you and I, bathed in eternal summers glow
As far away and distant, Our mutual child did grow

Oh the sweet refrain, Soothes the soul and calms the pain
Oh Albion remains, sleeping now to rise again

Wandering wandering, What place to rest the search
The mighty arms of Atlas, Hold the heavens from the earth

The mighty arms of Atlas, Hold the heavens from the earth
From the earth...

I know the way, know the way, know the way, know the way (X2)

Oh the mighty arms of Atlas, Hold the heavens from the earth.

at least that's a decent zep tune !

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, dirtmudd said:

your more than welcome to trash what I listen too...

 

I don't care.... I Will turn it up...

 

and it won t bother anyone....

I won't.. hope ya know I was chuckling when I did that.  Only jesting with you bud & knew you would recognize it!

 

 

So perfectly clean first one out of the box. Just like the regular copy I bought new last year except that half-speed goodness with the improved frequency range playback makes it sound even better.

Won't post all as I play them but it will keep me busy for a while.

 

IMG-20190116-191922.jpg

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

I won't.. hope ya know I was chuckling when I did that.  Only jesting with you bud & knew you would recognize it!

 

 

So perfectly clean first one out of the box. Just like the regular copy I bought new last year except that half-speed goodness with the improved frequency range playback makes it sound even better.

Won't post all as I play them but it will keep me busy for a while.

 

IMG-20190116-191922.jpg

 

 

John can me and Gia stay for a week?

 

 

Screenshot_2019-01-16-20-18-52.png

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, dirtmudd said:

John can me and Gia stay for a week?

Sure if you could handle all the cold 30 to 40 degree mornings and the rain that turns yards into mud puddles!

Got the stuff for lasagna except for the meat, I'd bet you could make it better than me!

 

Stay off of that 80 something highway off 95N @Richmond through the PA Amish country to west of Boston near that stadium... It stinks near NYC, at least in the summer it did!

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A very warped album sounding better... Than the judist priest British steel album

 

 

IMG_20190117_200735_hdr.jpg

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

🤐

 

bows head and shakes side to side isn't a smiley yet!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello my vinyl spinning friends!  Well, I know it has been a while, but I am back and just got in the mood for some Bruce Hornsby and this LP always seem to do for me ^_^   Bottle of vino from my neighbor for watching her home while she was away for the week, so, freshly opened for this Friday night of relaxation and music.... 🍷DSCN1946.jpg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

..........flip side cover art......DSCN1947.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

...........arriving on Side Two............🍷 DSCN1948.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎1‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 4:57 PM, dirtmudd said:

49511255_2466598430020472_52771137626822

Some great names in there.  The three S combo---Twilight Vomit Storm.

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Long time for ANYthing Heart here to put their Greatest Hit's Live LP on from '85...  Then onto "Dreamboat Annie" and actually HEARD Heart!  Good live show on the double LP but "Dreamboat Annie" just nailed it!  About 3 months ago I had a song w/a woodblock workin in my head thinking it was Fleetwood Mac....  Nooooope...  "White Lightning & Wine!"  Whew!  Hate it when that happens!  :)

Heart -Greatest live.jpg

Heart - Dreamboat Annie.jpg

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That close uncluttered early Heart is great @Dave1290 easy to see getting that stuck in your head!

This has been getting me lately. Especially at around 5 min in and then 24... awesome jam🔌 🔈 🔉 🔊

Easy to see how the rumors that Jimi had reincarnated into Francesco were spread. Except Jimi was still alive and kicking when that happened!!

 

 

https://www.guitarworld.com/magazine/perfectly-frank-frank-marino-sets-record-straight-about-his-career-music-industry-and-how-guitar-saved-his-life

 

* sound was bad on the first link, found a good one

Edited by JohnJ
*
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Mike, tell me what you think of from 24 min to 31 in the vintage vid link I posted up there, curious.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...