Jump to content
The Klipsch Audio Community
Full Range

Vinyl - Record Spinning

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Dave1290 said:

@billybob check the run-out groove around the LP label for a msg from Joe.  IF it's a first pressing you'll see an inscription from him.  

Will attempt to do so and will let know what found...cheers

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, billybob said:

I say, happy to see you from  your sabbatical leisure. Yes, the very first Tull is a collector's. First Tull recall hearing while schooling in Orlando. Cat's Squirrel a friends favorite off of the album. On the tip of tongue. Maybe you have...

 

 

That JT song is from 

 

The Album Title - This Was 

 

P.S - I had a great short holiday 

 

 

 

67491558-26B0-45C5-8FC4-6A02751C665D.jpeg

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Full Range said:

 

 

That JT song is from 

 

The Album Title - This Was 

 

 

 

67491558-26B0-45C5-8FC4-6A02751C665D.jpeg

Yes by all that is correct...yes that is it...This was, I think...:lol:hanks man from down under...superb lp

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Full Range said:

 

 

That JT song is from 

 

The Album Title - This Was 

 

P.S - I had a great short holiday 

 

 Thinking it could have been longer then...Hope you took some pics...:)

 

67491558-26B0-45C5-8FC4-6A02751C665D.jpeg

When Tull played on the Stones BBC special maybe 67, along with others like the Who, and what's her name. Guess  I cannot remember her name atm yet...a fair Youtube...at least it was live...

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, billybob said:

When Tull played on the Stones BBC special maybe 67, along with others like the Who, and what's her name. Guess  I cannot remember her name atm yet...a fair Youtube...at least it was live...

 

 

From memory that was The Rock And Roll Circus

 

Then I found the details here - 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Rolling_Stones_Rock_and_Roll_Circus

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Once again spot on. Looked but limited reception over at the tube... Yes thanks quite some event...

14 minutes ago, Full Range said:

 

 

From memory that was The Rock And Roll Circus

 

Then I found the details here - 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Rolling_Stones_Rock_and_Roll_Circus

 

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mary Ann Faithful...thanks for the prod...she was at a planned but where she and other Stones were being entrapped by a drug dealer who had an array of stimulants where, the pseudo informant escaped with his brief to Canada or back to. The bobbies failed to find the action much at maybe Keith's it was rural retreat. An official supposed opened a door and found her bare. Anyhow, maybe it was Netflix.

 

An aside is, briefly, I look at the music for the main part and not the sensationalism in the main. Mileage will vary.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Dave1290 said:

Thursday, well kinda thawin out...  FINALLY got the garage door to go up after half a container of ice melt along the bottom rubber seal...   Naturally, I didn't put any down BEFORE the freeze hit.  :)

 

collins.jpg

 

IMG_20190202_060719_hdr.jpg

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is that the rare and sought after misspelled concert ticket?

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Is that the rare and sought after misspelled concert ticket?

Nothing rare about it...

 

 

Other than Robert Plant walk on stage

That night...

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, dirtmudd said:

Nothing rare about it...

 

 

Other than Robert Plant walk on stage

That night...

ROBERT PLANT - PRINCIPLE OF MOMENTS 1983 TOUR REHEARSALS QUESTIONS

 

https://forums.ledzeppelin.com/topic/14102-robert-plant-principle-of-moments-1983-tour-rehearsals-questions/

 

On February 12, 1983, Robert greets the crowd but did not perform at Phil Collin's concert at War Memorial Auditorium in Syracuse, NY

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, dirtmudd said:

ROBERT PLANT - PRINCIPLE OF MOMENTS 1983 TOUR REHEARSALS QUESTIONS

 

https://forums.ledzeppelin.com/topic/14102-robert-plant-principle-of-moments-1983-tour-rehearsals-questions/

 

On February 12, 1983, Robert greets the crowd but did not perform at Phil Collin's concert at War Memorial Auditorium in Syracuse, NY

 

Nice read.

 

and you did notice Syracuse is misspelled on the ticket you posted, right? 

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, cincymat said:

 

Nice read.

 

and you did notice Syracuse is misspelled on the ticket you posted, right? 

Never noticed it in 36 years..

 

Do you think that I cared.....with inducing mother nature and beer...

 

If frigid temps ..if I remember correctly it was -22 that night ..

Without the wind chill factor..

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, oldtimer said:

Is that the rare and sought after misspelled concert ticket?

I had a ticket to see Van Alen on their first headlining tour back in the late 70s.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ceptorman said:

I had a ticket to see Van Alen on their first headlining tour back in the late 70s.

My first concert in September 78

Black Sabbath... Van Halen opening

 

Before the made the mainstream...

And a headline act ...

 

Have to find the stub...

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dirtmudd said:

My first concert in September 78

Black Sabbath... Van Halen opening

 

Before the made the mainstream...

And a headline act ...

 

Have to find the stub...

I had a couple hundred stubs taped to my bedroom door. A few months after I moved out, my Mom did some painting and threw my stubs away. I was bummed but I couldn't blame her, I should've taken them with me.

  • Like 2
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s Sunday morning in Australia 

This calls for some easy listening Jazz 

Looking at the collection to see if I had any Jane Mansfield LPs for @billybob and found another Jane 

 

Artist - Jane Morgan with The Troubadores 

Title - Fascination 

 

AD08C9A9-48E7-4EC8-AA5F-548DF82B43BF.jpeg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Full Range said:

It’s Sunday morning in Australia 

This calls for some easy listening Jazz 

Looking at the collection to see if I had any Jane Mansfield LPs for @billybob and found another Jane 

 

Artist - Jane Morgan with The Troubadores 

Title - Fascination 

Lol, Jane Mansfield sang? This Jane will do, thanks! Howard Hughes like his stars busty at times. Guess he figured they also had good lungs and could blow out a tune like what's her name...the blonde. Mental Block...:rolleyes:

 

Also, who in the world is this Van Alen dude @dirtmudd...the belt dude or the Vamp. killer?...:):emotion-44:

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...