Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

30 minutes ago, richieb said:

* as music crazed teenage boys, on the cutting-edge of the newest music, I was on vacation with my buddies family in Grove, Oklahoma (Grand Lake). We were just leaving a convenience/gas station/restaurant/meeting place (hey it’s Grove, OK) when in walks Leon, looking his typical scruffy self. We look at each other, liked to shitt ourselves, mumbled a “Hey” to Leon and got a mumbled “Hey” back. He cruised NE OK a lot in the late sixties, early seventies— 

Wish could say that...instead, went behind stage and met Leon's.daughters...needless to say was pretty... thanks

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’m following up my last spin with another classic ( double LP ) 

Don’t think this album needs any introduction 

Musical and Movie Soundtrack 

Title - Jesus Christ Superstar 

RECORDED IN ENGLAND 
Performing in "SUPERSTAR" are members (past and present) of DEEP PURPLE, JOE COCKER'S GREASE BAND, LORD SUTCH, AYSLEY DUNBAR RETALIATION, THE BIG THREE, JUICY LUCY, QUATERMASS, MERSEYEBEATS, GRACIOUS, PLASTICPENNY, SPOOKY TOOTH, MANFRED MANN and NUCLEUS. 

https://www.discogs.com/Andrew-Lloyd-Webber-Tim-Rice-Jesus-Christ-Superstar/release/3456974

DADB568F-DA56-40F0-97D6-514CF57E4768.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Seen two versions of that movie, both have had good musicians performing in it Paul.

Things have been busy here for me this week but winding down tonight with some dreamy free flowing Pink Floyd. Tried getting a replacement a while back but the copy I got had a bad invisible scratch that was almost an entire minute into "Echos"

This copy is good to go!

IMG-20191025-221605.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Full Range said:

Meddle is a great album 

I have the original 1971 Australian pressing 

The track Echoes is stunningly beautiful- those pings at the beginning sets the scene 

if you're wondering how David Gilmour got those bird sounds in Echoes, it was kind of an accident.  He got a new effects pedal, and unintentionally hooked it up backwards, going from his guitar to the Out sockets, and from the In sockets to his amplifier.  When he played with it like that, he liked what he heard, and he included it in the song.  Most listeners, including me, thought it sounded great, along with the rest of the song.  Echoes is one of my favourite Pink Floyd songs.

• Thanks 3

46 minutes ago, Islander said:

if you're wondering how David Gilmour got those bird sounds in Echoes, it was kind of an accident.  He got a new effects pedal, and unintentionally hooked it up backwards, going from his guitar to the Out sockets, and from the In sockets to his amplifier.  When he played with it like that, he liked what he heard, and he included it in the song.  Most listeners, including me, thought it sounded great, along with the rest of the song.  Echoes is one of my favourite Pink Floyd songs.

I did not know that - thanks for posting 

That’s more info crammed into my brain now 🖖

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

These two records were given to me by someone I worked with about 10 years ago He gave me about 10 in all mostly rock 

Never played these 2 albums until today 

Genre electro funk and Euro house 

First one is an Australian band featuring a young Kate Seberano 

Artist - I’m Talking 

Title - Dancing ( compilation LP ) 

4D4A6B5B-1418-4B9C-82BA-DDAEBBA817ED.thumb.jpeg.8e75238143a84732811deaf277086a2b.jpeg

——————-

Second album is an English artist 

Genre - Euro house 

Artist - Yazz

Title - Wanted 

DE3945F8-BE8F-4CCD-907A-FF33DBF245DC.thumb.jpeg.c6b72fea9c65ee29ff98e5d3bfc76caf.jpeg

• Like 2

On 10/23/2019 at 11:43 PM, richieb said:

* as music crazed teenage boys, on the cutting-edge of the newest music, I was on vacation with my buddies family in Grove, Oklahoma (Grand Lake). We were just leaving a convenience/gas station/restaurant/meeting place (hey it’s Grove, OK) when in walks Leon, looking his typical scruffy self. We look at each other, liked to shitt ourselves, mumbled a “Hey” to Leon and got a mumbled “Hey” back. He cruised NE OK a lot in the late sixties, early seventies— 

Think he was a bit reserved as he did not show after the show. It was refreshing to see his daughters/performance with Leon.

Too bad for us big fans.. glad you had the experience.. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/24/2019 at 9:43 PM, Full Range said:

I’m following up my last spin with another classic ( double LP ) 

Don’t think this album needs any introduction 

Musical and Movie Soundtrack 

Title - Jesus Christ Superstar 

RECORDED IN ENGLAND 
Performing in "SUPERSTAR" are members (past and present) of DEEP PURPLE, JOE COCKER'S GREASE BAND, LORD SUTCH, AYSLEY DUNBAR RETALIATION, THE BIG THREE, JUICY LUCY, QUATERMASS, MERSEYEBEATS, GRACIOUS, PLASTICPENNY, SPOOKY TOOTH, MANFRED MANN and NUCLEUS. 

https://www.discogs.com/Andrew-Lloyd-Webber-Tim-Rice-Jesus-Christ-Superstar/release/3456974

DADB568F-DA56-40F0-97D6-514CF57E4768.jpeg

Cool...that would be Ian Gillian DP and Screaming Lord Sutch(and heavy friends fame).

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, billybob said:

Cool...that would be Ian Gillian DP and Screaming Lord Sutch(and heavy friends fame).

Each country has their own cast members

e.g American and Australian 

And although all are good - I’m lucky to have the English version 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Not hip to any other...cannot remember if you have Hair sound track.  

4 minutes ago, Full Range said:

Each country has their own cast members

e.g American and Australian 

And although all are good - I’m lucky to have the English version 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, billybob said:

Not hip to any other...cannot remember if you have Hair sound track.  

I have to look again as I’m sure I had the Hair LP just not sure if it’s one of those that was lent out and never came back 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1