Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

2 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Hey @dirtmudd that was the first Judas Priest record I got after hearing them in an incredible show with UFO & Molly Hatchet. Their harmonies are a bit different than the way Kansas or Styx did theirs. You rocking the hood tonight?

That's what I'm missing on vinyl..

UFO !

• Like 2

It’s time for a live album now 

I should have waited till midday to play it as it’s very hard rock and intense 

A story I heard back in the day is that no band ( even Status Quo ) wanted to follow Slade at festivals because they literally destroyed the audience with sound waves - that’s how loud they were 

Artist - Slade 

Title - Slade On Stage or SOS 

64-F17-D24-ACC2-4-E8-A-BCD6-10-B1510-EF9

• Like 4

Thanks @Dave1290

Tried to find "Castles Made of Sand" to put up just `cause I think it's beautiful guitar work. Whomever controls his catalog isn't letting it be played I guess (*&%^^%ing hater) well he spread it and I'm hating on him now... but I've got the real mccoy here on vinyl.

Ok seriously hate? Jimi wasn't about that, not many were then. Nope I'm not hating on the d*#kfer that made that decision.. I found an especially nice cover to share the sentiment of one of my favorites.

Close your eyes and listen......  :)

* It's been about twenty minutes, I'm still on his channel. This guy can make that strat sing!!  Diggin it!!

still there.. an hour later!

Edited by JohnJ
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, JohnJ said:

Thanks @Dave1290

Tried to find "Castles Made of Sand" to put up just `cause I think it's beautiful guitar work. Whomever controls his catalog isn't letting it be played I guess (*&%^^%ing hater) well he spread it and I'm hating on him now... but I've got the real mccoy here on vinyl.

Ok seriously hate? Jimi wasn't about that, not many were then. Nope I'm not hating on the d*#kfer that made that decision.. I found an especially nice cover to share the sentiment of one of my favorites.

Close your eyes and listen......  :)

* It's been about twenty minutes, I'm still on his channel. This guy can make that strat sing!!  Diggin it!!

still there.. an hour later!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Dave1290 said:

I'll just leave this right here today!   Always missed and would have been 77 today!

Jimi-birthday.jpg

Long live the music 

Here is one of Jimi playing a Beatles song that was released 2 days before and the Beatles were in the audience 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Some sweet stuff showing up for the Black Friday Record Store Promo in Cbus.  Here's kind of a list for them at least:  Desparado, Doors "Isle of Wight." Bad Company  Live @ Red Rocks,  Bill Evans,  Jerry Garcia "Live,"  Gvt. Mule, John Lee Hooker,  Jeff Buckley,  Canned Heat,  Cheap Trick "Live," to name a few.  Prices were nutso though.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, JohnJ said:

Ok seriously hate? Jimi wasn't about that, not many were then.

Jimi hated no one ever that I knew of.  Other than those wanting more and more from him.  If he didn't like you he totally distanced himself from you.  You were on permanent ignore.   Then you were gone.  The most kind, open, honest and almost spiritual person I ever met. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Dave1290 said:

Jimi hated no one ever that I knew of.  Other than those wanting more and more from him.  If he didn't like you he totally distanced himself from you.  You were on permanent ignore.   Then you were gone.  The most kind, open, honest and almost spiritual person I ever met. 

You know I was talking about hating on the __c_fer (whatever reason) won't allow Jimi's music to be streamed from the regular places! Seen video snips of him talking even before I liked his music, the cat was truly laid back.

• Like 2

This next album was made with a California sound to see if the band can crack the US market. This decision was made by some misguided record executive 

Although the tracks are very good  one can see the bands range as musicians 

Fans liked the album but reviewers did not as the content strayed away from its core genre 

Artist - Slade

Title - Nobody’s Fools 

26723-F4-A-F627-493-C-BD0-D-38-B068238-C

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Full Range said:

This decision was made by some misguided record executive 

Way too many of those back then  Waaaaay too many!  Prolly too many now actually.  Reminded me of the old Land Barons!

Kenny Wayne was touted as Jimi's clone when he was young so I went with some friends down to Cbus to give him a listen at some beer festival or something.  The ONLY reason I really went was to see Buddy Guy who was with him.  Buddy was great but Kenny?  Not so much.  I had some seats for us on the side of the stage and lasted 3 songs and went for beer to never return again.  I just watched from a far shaking my head.  Ummm  no.  Have never heard him since but then?  Ha!  Wouldn't make a pimple!  Naturally imo.  

• Haha 1