Estate sale find.....what the?!

Mighty Favog

A couple of months ago, the lady living across the street from me passed away. She was a bad diabetic and succumbed when her insulin pump failed.

We, in the neighborhood, knew for a long time that she was a hoarder. The outside of her house looked good and reasonably well kept considering. The inside barely had a six inches pathway to walk around. The 2-car garage had things falling out of it when the door was opened and the basement had enough food for Armageddon.

So, her two sons were in town to clear out and donate what they could. The rest just went into the first two (of five) 25ft (?) dumpsters. The donated stuff went to Good-Will, SVDP, etc. Some of the surrounding neighbors would come over and ask about certain things such as kitchen furniture, riding law mowers, etc. But, I was offered her tool box and its contents in the basement for a C-note. Not the best quality box and certainly not as good as the one I have (and that's not saying much). So, after looking through it we got it over to my basement that night where I let it sit till the next night. 

It took a few hours to go through it and see what I could still use. When I was made the offer at first, I didn't want it. I said I didn't want a bunch of orphaned sockets and single 100-year old wrenches. Screwdrivers, hammers and pliers were a different matter. I'm now letting my wife's two sons go through what's left. Not sure what I'll do with that after they do.

Which comes to this.....looks like there were a few surgical instruments in there too. I can only identify the cartilage scalpels and maybe a retractor on the left. Possibly a probe in the middle. But what are those two on the right?? 

20170416_101630.jpg

• Like 2

Estate sales are worth checking out these days.

I can say i knew a "Hoarder" for a few years  I "Had" a mining buddy who flew under the guise of "Morman".

5 years i knew this guy, when his double car garage got full, he built a three car garage in his backyard. now also full.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Mighty Favog said:

1 hour ago, jimjimbo said:

Shrimp cocktail forks.....

Shrimp drink alcohol?

They are really tiny forks because they have tiny hands, alcohol they tend to only do it on the weekends, mostly. 

Add more butter and garlic and it's almost like BBQ shrimp, which require no BBQ......never understood why they named it that.

• Like 1