System re-do while THEY have fun in Hope

USNRET

Of course after I bought stuff more deals happened which caused a major upset to the system.
One McIntosh MX151 (prepro in my lingo) arrived which put the Marantz 8801 redundant; a forum member wanted the 8801 but I needed to ensure the MX was operational before the sale could be consummated. Life interceded and I just now was able to plumb in the MX to get a check. It works in basic mode with zero programming done so the 8801 is being boxed up. Programing will be a learning experience.

I wanted to move the rack to another location so I could re-introduce my center Belle as I have been running phantom center for a while. For this I needed new speaker wire and that created another delay. I choose to re-stack today in original location just to make sure the MX was operational even though the speaker wire has not arrived and to not delay the 8801 to the buyer.

So after 10 weeks without a day off and those, THOSE people are enjoying themselves in Hope I am getting to play, scratch my head on this and it is fun AND intimidating.

In virgin trim playing Spotify from nVidia Shield > MX151> Emo XPA-5 > KHorns it is good to go. The PC interface is nice (when I learn it; max control!!).

So bottom line the two channel is working thru this abomination which means the 8801 is going in the box and on the way west tomorrow.

I would love to phone chat with any member who has experience with McIntosh MX (series) that has IP control. I am reading the www sites with info over and over.

Excuse our dust.jpg

Change over.jpg

15 minutes ago, IbizaFlame said:

We're the other 1%.  We are THEM (they and those people have the corner market).

Why am I the only Quad Citian here? :( I wanna hear cool stuff like Mac amps and Khorns...

Stroll over to Urbandale where there is a McIntosh dealer.

USNRET,  The only thing I can relate to, is not having speaker wire when new toys arrive.  I have learned to keep an abundance of cables and wires.  I someday would love to hear the MX serious.  Question, why not run it into the MC275, why use the Emotiva? 

15 minutes ago, The Dude said:

USNRET,  The only thing I can relate to, is not having speaker wire when new toys arrive.  I have learned to keep an abundance of cables and wires.  I someday would love to hear the MX serious.  Question, why not run it into the MC275, why use the Emotiva? 

I tossed out my spares and needed some longer to get where I am going.
This was to be as simple as possible to make sure the MX didn't malfunction on startup; even though new is was shipped. I go thru switching to change speakers from EMO to 275 and I disconnected that amp and set it asdie to burrow down to get the Marantz out.

4 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

I'm just guessing here, but...longer legs?

I think so, probably...the Shield has been randomizing

1 minute ago, Thaddeus Smith said:

was wondering precisely this.

look up Michael

Most all day moving stuff, UPSing the Marantz, stacking and re-stacking trying to make the stack clean and cohesive while adding space across the front to add back in the center Belle and room for false corners. Seems I miscalculated needed speaker wire and since the MX doesn't do ARC I need a longer optical cable from TV.

Wires.jpg

Re-rack.jpg

1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

I wish.  A Giulia Quad would also be welcome.  Fastest 4 door ever around Nurburgring.

A reduction of doors by two would provide a better experience.  Less weight.  More reasons to tell friends that add weight to drive their own ride.

I would like to play with one of these..  and I'm a Chevy guy.  But the 2018 Demon, yeah,  "...840 horsepower and 770 pound-feet of torque.  The Demon rockets to 60 mph in just 2.3 seconds and blasts through the quarter-mile in 9.65 seconds at 140 mph. "  It'd be like the best McIntosh gear you could buy, combined with the best Klipsch wears, with a direct line from the power company.

1493210968441.jpg.f3c7fefe65cac3f15857b20d21401473.jpg