Ears is a liar in my eyes

prodj101

ears, if you do not post some kind of proof of your system and friends legendary systems soon, I am going to consider your liar. You claim to have so much stuff, yet when people pin you for information, you make excuses. doesn't add up in my opinion.

------------------

New music system:

2.1 using SF-2's (soon to be RF-7's), and an RSW-15. for amplification Mcintosh MC02105, B&K PT-3 preamp, Sony SACD player. pioneer turntable.

Computer uses Promedia 2.1's.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would sure love to see some pictures of EAR's HT. I am sure Quebec has digital cameras. I am also sure some forum members would host the pictures.

------------------

Receiver: Sony STR-DE675

CD player: Sony CDP-CX300

Turntable: Technics SL-J3 with Audio-Technica TR485U

Speakers: JBL HLS-610

Subwoofer: JBL 4648A-8

Sub amp: Parts Express 180 watt

Center/surrounds: Teac 3-way bookshelfs

Yes, it sucks, but better to come. KLIPSCH soon! My computer is better than my stereo!

For JBL related subjects and more fun, click: http://www.audioheritage.org

You show up here post BS and call people who have contributed here much more then you and who have purchased much more Klipsch then you liars!Who do you think you are?

And you dont even have the balls to clearly state from where you are,just a dumb "outer space" BS,you dont deserve any proof.

TheEAR(s) Now theears

if there was ever a better example of an excuse of lying, that was it ear. And I don't care if you've contributed mroe than me, whats the big deal of proving this super system you have?

------------------

New music system:

2.1 using SF-2's (soon to be RF-7's), and an RSW-15. for amplification Mcintosh MC02105, B&K PT-3 preamp, Sony SACD player. pioneer turntable.

prodj101

I have to ask why are you trying to set up a pissing contest here ?

Ears has a perfect right to post his opinions here - just as any of us do and is under no obligation to prove to you or anyone else that he has the system he claims to have.

You should not be calling anybody on this forum a "liar" purely on the basis that you have some doubt that they have the equipment they claim to have.

Civility is not cowardice - It is simply good manners!!

In any event I suggest that good manners requires that If you have doubts about another member's satements regarding their system or their integrity you should take your concerns to that member privately via Email or private messaging before publically branding him or her a "Liar"

This is totally different from disputing another members opinions which are by definition not matters of fact. In other words If you do not agree with another member regarding some audio issue or even their take on some issue of politics or religion - It is fair to say you disagree. It is not fair however to assault them with the accusation that they are stupid or dishonest.

On rare occasions I have called a spade a Farging Shovel but only in the face of such outright bigotry as displayed by another of our younger members who claimed that no Jews were killed or injured in the attack on the WTC. I without any apology called him a bigot. In any event his post resulted in several replies that showed that bigotry is not confined to the Middle East.

Getting back to your original comment however I would suggest that personal comment should only be resorted to in the face of really outrageous commentary on the part of the person you are referring to - and then only after that individual has been offensive on more than a couple of occasions.

I have had eyeball to eyeball exchanges with a couple of members here but if you review the threads in question you will find that for the most part I have followed the rules suggested above. My apologies for a recent thread where I attacked another member over a triviality.

------------------

It is meet to recall that the Great Green Heron rarely flies upside down in the moonlight - (Foo Ling ca.1900)

I am not the only one in quesiton for politness here, the ear has claimed I have Bose ears, which is the worset insult to a person, he has insulted my knowledge on numerous occasion, and can't even show anyone this dream system he claims to have.

------------------

New music system:

You, my friend - have crossed the line.

Lynmm is perfectly correct.

You owe an apology and retraction.

I've been fishing and hunting with o'le Ears, and have both seen and heard his Klipsch Reference HT and Dynaudio systems.

You must be insane to mess with that crazy French Canadian. You're lucky if he doesn't seek you out and drop that Krell on your nuts.

This message has been edited by deang on 09-24-2002 at 11:17 AM

Quote:

Your lucky if he doesn't seek you out and drop that Krell on your nuts.

In the immortal words of Jerry Lewis "Hoi Gen That's Gonna Hoit!!"

------------------

It is meet to recall that the Great Green Heron rarely flies upside down in the moonlight - (Foo Ling ca.1900)

If he wants a fight, he can just bring it. I don't care to apoligize as I don't like to be friends with snobs. Earz, I live in minneapolis, come and get me. not that far of a drive from canada ey?

------------------

New music system:

What the hell is it with you ??

As near as I can tell You are the one spoiling for a fight!

In the immortal words of W.C. Fields - Go away little boy - You Bother me!

------------------

This message has been edited by lynnm on 09-22-2002 at 11:15 PM

quote:

Originally posted by Seb:

Hi all.

You know, i remember coming here for the first time last May, and being totally astonished. What? A company putting up an uncensored bulletin board where people could express their opinions on the products? I thought Klipsch must have been pretty damn confident that their products were delighting customers, or else they would never had done such a thing.

Well, up to a couple weeks ago, Klipsch had won their bet. This bb had a good spirit, people were helping each other, and every time someone had a bad experience with a faulty products his opinion was totally turned around by the helpful tech support as well as by other customers who tried to help him the best they could. This bb was perfect. Flaming was almost non existent and it was a place where one could learn A LOT about Klipsch, but even more about audio in general and even computers and soundcards. It was a place where people could express their opinions on diverse subjects, and where the exchange of knowledge and ideas was great. That is why I stayed on this board, trying to be a part of this amazing community.

And a few weeks ago, things started to go bad. People were complaining because they didn't get the cp-1 for nothing, because they were frustrated they bought the v2.400 and Klipsch upgraded it right after to the 4.1, because the pros "had no midrange" when in fact it's just that they have great bass and highs but the midrange is not quite up to par (remember what your mom told you, perfection does not exist)...

I had never seen a thread closed on this bulletin board before, and now there have been several in the past 2 weeks! That is an indications that all is not well in the Klipsch kingdom.

The new generation of Klipschers seem to be disgrunteld pricks who want perfection without paying more than 249$. They ***** and whine about everything they please, not caring about how it destroys the great spirit of this bb. Even old foes like GT came back to take advantage of that new climate.

Well, I just want to say that it really disappoints me, but if it goes on like this, I am not going to visit the Promedia section of this bb. I'll stick to the Home Audio section, where it's not all full of disrespectful teenagers who like to complain about every little thing that's not perfectly right.

Flame me all you want, but at least I expressed this opinion as peacefully as I could considering I'm pretty pissed about the situation. If you feel offended by this post, well you probably should. As we say 'round here, if the hat fits you, put it on. In other words, if you feel targeted by this post, then you should probably ask yourself some questions.

Please people, go back to the ancient Klipsch bb spirit, or just stop posting here, and don't buy Klipsch ever again. IMO, not a great loss for this community.

------------------

-justin

SoundWise

promediatech@Klipsch.com /1-888-554-5665 - RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5s>

Email Me

none of this would have happend if ears wasn't such a sissy and obliged to peoples requests to see his system. what harm would it have done? and no, I'm not the one spoiling for a fight, you said yourself, "Your lucky if he doesn't seek you out and drop that Krell on your nuts." How are those not words of violence?

------------------

New music system:

Quote:

none of this would have happend if ears wasn't such a sissy and obliged to peoples requests to see his system.

Endquote:

Who the hell made you the master of the universe ??

If you request that I or Ear or anyone else provide proof regarding our systems then we have the Absolute Right to comply or NOT comply with your request!!

Some years ago A cop said to me outside of a courtroom - That guy is proof positive that we need better quality control at the condom factory!

Go away little boy - You Bother me!

------------------

"That is why I

stayed on this board, trying to be a part of this amazing community.

And a few weeks ago, things started to go bad."

call some place paradise, you can kiss it good-bye. unfortunately more true than not.

like the the great, fun bars in college. once the word got out, they always seemed to go downhill.

but i just try to plus the pluses on here anymore. & IGNORE the negatives. Wink.gif

------------------

My Home Systems Page

don't get me wrong, I am in no way trying to ruin this bb, but the ears simply drives me insane. He's a snob, rude, and most of all obnoxious.

------------------

New music system:

what have I said that makes me a snob, rude, and obnoxious? just defending myself from ears dumb self.

------------------

New music system: