Ears is a liar in my eyes

prodj101

if you had half a brain, you would understand that I was talking about you, and not ears such as an animal would have.

------------------

New music system:

2.1 using SF-2's (soon to be RF-7's), and an RSW-15. for amplification Mcintosh MC02105, B&K PT-3 preamp, Sony SACD player. pioneer turntable.

Computer uses Promedia 2.1's.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To hate someone over a few posts in an audio forum is really quite remarkable when you think about it.

No wonder we are such a war-like species.

Personally speaking I rather enjoy Ears posts - including the sarcasm - although that sometimes comes across a little close to the bone in a medium such as this.

Overall I think he and I strive for very different things in our listening and we have disagreed in a few posts (for example the thread on speaker accuracy and various posts on subwoofers) but I always read what he writes and enjoy the discussion.

The idea of hating him because he has different opinions from mine is ludicrous.

Sorry Proj - you are way out of line and I put your post down to your youth.

------------------

My System: http://aca.gr/pop_maxg.htm

I think that we could all point fingers in many different directions when trying to find out what ,where, when and how some people became involved in this argument. Everyone here knows that the participants are well equipped to defend themselves. Ill preface what I have to say by stating that I agree with posters who remind all of us on occasion of our options by saying if you dont like what you see then just dont read or respond to it. With that said I do believe using one of our members names in the Title of a Topic for everyone to see that contains accusations questioning the character of a fellow board member totally uncool even if the content of the posts proves the topic can be supported with facts. Im just talking about a topic appearing like a headline on some scandal sheet you run into in a supermarket checkout line. I would not like to see my name flashed in front of strangers faces with the word liar used in print. We also have people who take on the Who cares what others think attitude. Well my friends that point of view ends up reflecting on the great Klipsch reputation that we bask in as owners of a product we have all come to know and love .What if the person with his name in the topic comes forward and tells everyone he or she doesnt care? That is fine but it is not the point. It gives the wrong impression to people that do not know us and can leave some readers thinking we can be cruel WITHOUT their realizing that we have managed to work out our differences between us in the past and have gone on to bigger and better topics for the plain reason they decided to read no further. Why? Because of what is contained in the Title of the Topic. Some readers may not delve into the topic far enough to understand the subject or humor of these posts and thus missing out on some very intelligent exchanging of ideas. It is not cool. Perhaps the Topic should be deleted . Or maybe Im a fool to think I would go out of my way to make sure a fellow Klipsch members feelings arent hurt. Who knows? No one? I can accept that answer. How about Who Cares? No one? I refuse to accept that one from this group of minds.

------------------

tHe wORLDs werst TYPesT>

Thank you all for participating is such massive numbers in this thread to make me even MORE POPULAR!

By the views and posts I can clearly see my Klipsch like popularity,I feel like a star. LOL

I would like to thank the 101 kid who thru his worthless effort still wants to put a fight.And failed to do so in the most miserable way.

"if you had half a brain, you would understand that I was talking about you, and not ears such as an animal would have."

NO NO I had no clue,illegal alien.Kid go back to your little toys or I will call your mom.Klipsch should be divided in three sections,one for adults,the ProMedia and a kindergarden just for you.

From now on you will be known as the illegal alien 101.

TheEAR(s) Now theears

101 --

I want to see pics of your gear.

I also want to see the Bill of Sales to prove that it is really you that made the purchase.

I then want a pic of your drivers license, so I can compare it to the name on the Bill of Sales.

Here is my stuff:

I have to pay by the hour to listen to it.

This message has been edited by deang on 09-24-2002 at 11:43 AM

101 is a good appellation for you; you are at the beginning, but you are no prodigy.

Didnt you learn not to call people names in the schoolyard at kindergarten? How old are you anyway? Why are you spoiling for a fight? I can believe that he has some expensive stuff, since I live near Palm Beach, where people buy systems we can only dream and then stick them in houses they only visit one of twice a year (along with the Lexus and the Rolls they rarely drive). Why cant you believe that some people have a lot more money to spend on stereos than the rest of us? Havent you ever been to Minnetonka? You give the considerate and friendly people of Minneapolis a bad name.

Let us assume the worst case scenario: what if he has absolutely none of the stuff that he says he has? Does that change the validity of his experiences and opinions? Perhaps. But if you read what he has to say, not just in one post, but in many, the honesty of his opinions will ring true. Anything that anybody write has to be judged in the context of what they say, think, feel and experience. And without calling names. That is just childish behavior best left in the schoolyard. I would invite anybody on this forum to see my system down in Florida, I would love to meet you all. Except you, gifted child still in class 101: you owe us all an apology for your shameful behavior!

(And the Ear hey, Ear, do show us some pics of your systems I would love to see them!)

Wink.gif

------------------

Colin's Music System Ak-2 Khorns & Klipsch subs; lights out, tubes glowing & smile beaming!

"I want to see pics of your gear." go to the submitted klipsch stories and look under P, my name is Trevor Peterson. and no, I won't apoligise. ears continues to insult me. I honestly don't understand how you guys can take his smug comments and references. It makes me sick.

------------------

New music system:

2.1 using SF-2's (soon to be RF-7's), and an RSW-15. for amplification Mcintosh MC02105, B&K PT-3 preamp, Sony SACD player. pioneer turntable.

I dont' see why an apology is due to the rest of you anyway. This post was not directed towards anyone but the ear.

------------------

New music system:

Quote:

I dont' see why an apology is due to the rest of you anyway. This post was not directed towards anyone but the ear.

Endquote

Quite simply because Your comments show a complete lack of respect to all who use this forum.

------------------

It is meet to recall that the Great Green Heron rarely flies upside down in the moonlight - (Foo Ling ca.1900)

I fail to see how I'm snot nosed, by the way, when you were 14 did you have mcintosh amps and home made tubes? no. And don't accuse me of being some little daddy/mommys boy either, I worked hard for my equipment. To be accurate, 3 summers of hard work washing semi trucks, uniforms, and landscape like work. Just think what I'll have when I'm your age eh?

------------------

New music system:

by the way lynm or however you spell your name, I never said a word of disrespect to you, or anyone else until you started attacking me, not the other way around.

------------------

New music system:

I usually sit on the sidelines in these types of threads, then tire of them, and finally quit reading them altogether. I'm beginning to see patterns emerge - any thread with more than 20 posts probably centers around name-calling and he said-she said tug-o-wars.

My only comment (FWIW, and as if anyone cares) is that this is a public forum. Comments that are directed at only one person, of a personal nature, probably should be communicated only to that person, via Private Messages or email, rather than emblazoned across the web with inflamatory titles.

I think the best governor we can impose on our posts is to ask ourselves "If this was written about me, in a public place, how would I feel?" Ya know, the old Golden Rule thing!

Let your conscience be your guide. But, what do I know.

DD

------------------

My System