Ears is a liar in my eyes

prodj101

Personally, I don't care whether Ears has what he claims or not...but, no matter how ya look at it, this BB is no place for name-calling. I have let myself get caught up in responding to one of the members who insisted on running me down on every occassion for a time...so I am NOT without guilt in this type of thing...funny thing is...he seems to have stopped posting since the encounter...which, may be a good thing, but it keeps him from contributing anything worthwhile or learning anything from other members...so, I see it as a bad thing for him, anyway.

Here is what I have, if that is any solace, but I have no need to post pics of the stuff...already posted pics of the Heresys a few months back though...since there are no others like them and I wanted the BB members to see just how nice a pair of Birch plywood HDBR models COULD look!!

My stuff:

Harman/Kardon 900+ quad receiver

Harman/Kardon 800+ quad receiver(2 each)

Harman/Kardon 430 Receiver (2 each)

Dynaco FM-3 tuner

JVC A-K 350 integrated amplifier

Harman/Kardon 75+ quad receiver (on the way)

Technics SL-1300 turntable

JVC 4MD-20X CD-4 cartridge with 40T-20X Shibata stylus

Technics RS-676-AUS Cassette deck

Teac A-2340-R Reel-to-reel

DBXII Model 124 quad noise reduction unit(for reel)

Soundcraftsman 20-12A Equalizer(2 each for reel)

1978-built Heresy HDBL(old-style flush-front model cabinets/pair)

1980-built LaScala (soon to be in new Oak cabinets/pair)

Teac ED-500 single play CD player

Klipsch B-crossover networks on the way for Cornwalls I am about to build

Klipsch K-55V midrange drivers and horns on the way for Cornwalls I am about to build.

Nothing really new, high-tech, or fancy in the list above, but it works for me...for the moment, anyway! Smile.gif

------------------

I can now receive private messages

This message has been edited by HDBRbuilder on 09-23-2002 at 08:17 AM

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by Seb:

Hi all.

You know, i remember coming here for the first time last May, and being totally astonished. What? A company putting up an uncensored bulletin board where people could express their opinions on the products? I thought Klipsch must have been pretty damn confident that their products were delighting customers, or else they would never had done such a thing.

Well, up to a couple weeks ago, Klipsch had won their bet. This bb had a good spirit, people were helping each other, and every time someone had a bad experience with a faulty products his opinion was totally turned around by the helpful tech support as well as by other customers who tried to help him the best they could. This bb was perfect. Flaming was almost non existent and it was a place where one could learn A LOT about Klipsch, but even more about audio in general and even computers and soundcards. It was a place where people could express their opinions on diverse subjects, and where the exchange of knowledge and ideas was great. That is why I stayed on this board, trying to be a part of this amazing community.

And a few weeks ago, things started to go bad. People were complaining because they didn't get the cp-1 for nothing, because they were frustrated they bought the v2.400 and Klipsch upgraded it right after to the 4.1, because the pros "had no midrange" when in fact it's just that they have great bass and highs but the midrange is not quite up to par (remember what your mom told you, perfection does not exist)...

I had never seen a thread closed on this bulletin board before, and now there have been several in the past 2 weeks! That is an indications that all is not well in the Klipsch kingdom.

The new generation of Klipschers seem to be disgrunteld pricks who want perfection without paying more than 249$. They ***** and whine about everything they please, not caring about how it destroys the great spirit of this bb. Even old foes like GT came back to take advantage of that new climate.

Well, I just want to say that it really disappoints me, but if it goes on like this, I am not going to visit the Promedia section of this bb. I'll stick to the Home Audio section, where it's not all full of disrespectful teenagers who like to complain about every little thing that's not perfectly right.

Flame me all you want, but at least I expressed this opinion as peacefully as I could considering I'm pretty pissed about the situation. If you feel offended by this post, well you probably should. As we say 'round here, if the hat fits you, put it on. In other words, if you feel targeted by this post, then you should probably ask yourself some questions.

Please people, go back to the ancient Klipsch bb spirit, or just stop posting here, and don't buy Klipsch ever again. IMO, not a great loss for this community.

What a great post!

------------------

Coming soon...

Home Theater:

TV: Samsung SP55W3HF (55" Rear-Projection 16:9)

A/V Receiver: Denon AVC-A11SR (European version of Denon AVR-4802)

DVD Player: Denon DVD-3800

Center: Klipsch RC-7

Mains: Klipsch RF-7s

Surrounds: Klipsch RS-7s

Subwoofer: Dual SVS CS-Ultras w/Samson S1000 amplifier

As you can see by my post numbers I do not post very much I mainly lurk but this is something I felt I should speak out on. Personaly I feel that TheEar has nothing to prove to anyone. Because he constantly proves it on a daily basis by posting quality information and respectable opinions. I respect his opinions so much that I am now going to buy a SVS sub just because he speaks so highly of them once I get the cash. This thread is absolutely ridiculous and is purly started just to stir up trouble by a trouble maker. This BB is generaly a peaceful and informative one so lets hope that this thread will end soon. TheEar is the man in my opinion and is one of the most respectable persons around this BB no one ever has the right to attack him.

no, this isn't to stir up trouble, and no ears, I'm not an illeagle alien. I simply hate ears, and don't give a darn what he says. He has messed with me too many times, I've had enough of reading his posts.

------------------

New music system:

2.1 using SF-2's (soon to be RF-7's), and an RSW-15. for amplification Mcintosh MC02105, B&K PT-3 preamp, Sony SACD player. pioneer turntable.

Computer uses Promedia 2.1's.

I thought I would chime in here. I learned about this board from the Polk Audio board, where I was first asking for advice about Polk vs Klipsch, and some of the Polk people think we (Klipschters) are stuck up and rude, wonder why? Since I came to this board, I have met 3 great people, 2 in person, Doug Drake, Jim Kinney and Wes (Over the phone), and many more through posts, and I would love to meet everyone in person, this board is FULL of great people that have a passion for Klipsch, etc like we do. Just because someone doesn't agree with what you have to say, or doesn't post pics of their equipement, doesn't mean they are liars or are full of **** , and deserve a public humilitaion like this, if you have a beef with him, take it offline, most of us don't care what you have to say about him. Ears has helped me several times in making decisions, he was never a snob, stuck up, etc, he was VERY polite and professional. Everytime someone asked for his help he has been there. It just seems that he doesn't agree with your likings and you "hate" him for that. You don't believe in a multi purpose receiver like the HK, Denon, Marantz, etc, you believe that people are stupid for wasting their money on them, instead of doing what you say and buying seperates. Do you see poeple saying they hate you because you have an opinion and don't agree with what others do with THEIR money.

I think you are a little young to be insulting people that have many years of experience with this stuff, possible more experience than you are old. Not saying you don't know a lot about this stuff, it just doesn't hold up well. Like a 15 year old that doesn't have a liscense telling Dale Earhnardt Jr that he can't drive, because that's not that way the 15 yr old would drive.

I have spent a lot of money in a short time because of the help of everyone here. I would have wasted MUCH more if it wasn't for this board, and I would be missing out on the wonderful sound of Klipsch speakers too, and soon to be SVS, YEAH BABY!!!

Some people care to share their pics with others, and some would rather not, maybe they don't like to adverstise what they have in their house, you never know who is watching these boards, and looking for someone to rob.

I'm glad Ears is here, I hope he stays even if you continue to insult him, but maybe you should just lay off him, I don't see him starting thread after thread about you and calling you a liar, etc.

The types of threads really ruin it for the newbies that just joined up and see people bitching about stupid stuff like this, why would you even want to spend the time to get to know people if all you read is **** like this?

Just think about it for a while, if you both don't reply to eachothers posts, then things would be fine.

------------------

Scottc>s>

devil.gif

Goldsmithc>s>

Home Theatre:s>

Klipsch RF-3's (Front Mains)c>

Klipsch RC-3 (Center)c>

Klipsch RS-3's (Rear Surrounds)c>

SVS 20-39 PC Plus Subwooferc>

Harman Kardon AVR-520c>

Mitsubishi 60" Big Screen VS-60609c>

Denon DVD 2800c>

Sony DVD DVP-S530Dc>

I can see the Klipsch BB is mostly good people.

I dont attack Klipsch board members,sometimes I can be a little sarcastic.A bit of sarcasm will not kill anyone.Most of the time however I will try to help other Klipschers and even non Klipschers.

Ole Forrest Hump at least has a sense of humor,101 has not much to speak of.

TheEAR(s) Now theears

I can see the Klipsch BB is mostly good people.

I dont attack Klipsch board members,sometimes I can be a little sarcastic. A bit of sarcasm will not kill anyone. Most of the time however I will try to help other Klipschers and even non Klipschers.

Ole Forrest Hump at least has a sense of humor,101 has not much to speak of.

Here 101, I put this in bold so you can read it again.

Now, if you had been here long enough(BB), you would understand that Theearz is a good guy.

And if Ear didn't have any gear, he sure knows a helluva lot about it.

With all that knowledge, maybe he should sell audio products! HA!

Look at it this way, if you leave yourself wide open on a Forum, any FORUM, you going to be circumspect to trolling, smartass remarks, and snobbiness.

Don't leave yourself open to ridicule.

When one posts like they are the king of knowledge of audio, well? What do you expect?

I don't have any pics of my crap, Am I full BS?

Where yours? I don't beleive you have Marantz sand amp,

show me you liar.

I admire your knowledge of audio at such a tender young age, but there is so much more to learn.

(Christ! How many 14 year olds build tube amps?!!)

If I were you, I would lurk and read, and contribute in a constructive manner.

Now, you show some proper 'Netiquette' or we'll start calling you 'Lil Hump'.

"Where yours? I don't beleive you have Marantz sand amp,

show me you liar." Theres a thread I posted earlier on with pictures of my system. I know you're being sarcastic, but can't be a wuss and not step up here.

------------------

New music system:

2.1 using SF-2's (soon to be RF-7's), and an RSW-15. for amplification Mcintosh MC02105, B&K PT-3 preamp, Sony SACD player. pioneer turntable.

Computer uses Promedia 2.1's.

I generally hold back on controversial posts like this... but... I feel I should speak.

Prodj, you are even younger than me... I am 16... and know more about certain areas of audio than I. I don't build my own tube amps for instance. lol

But, I do not think that attacking elder members of the forum who know there stuff is good. Ear and I have had our differences, well, really he was just correcting me, but... I have nothing against him. I would like to see his setup, though, just for the fun of it... it soudns like an awesome system. I don't doubt elder members, rarely.

Anyway, just my 2 cents... although it seems I had more to say than this...

------------------

SoundWise / ProMedia Tech Support / 1-888-554-5665s>

What? Your gonna make me dig through all these threads to find pics of your gear?

I don't want to.

But I will aplogize for being sarcastic.

A little rancor keeps things lively, it just a public forum of about a trillion out there. So don't take anything personal.

(I've know how you feel, trust me.)

For all we know, Theears could a two and half foot Mongolian lesbian who lives in argentina. And the only thing he/she listens to is Wham on a 25 year realistic battery powered cassette player. The Krell amps only power the lights to it's hut.

"For all we know, The ears could a two and half foot Mongolian lesbian who lives in argentina. And the only thing he/she listens to is Wham on a 25 year realistic battery powered cassette player. The Krell amps only power the lights to it's hut."

Your killin' me man! LOL

Mike

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reading this thread... I just looked out my window and there is a FULL MOON... No not in my neighbors bathroom window, in the sky.

Ive heard that road rage, domestic violence peak during full moons.

Maybe BBS rage too???

JM

------------------

HT / Listening Environment:

Mains: '83 Khorns

All Heritage Center: K77, K400 above screen, Dual K22 in Heresy cabinets under screen.

Sides: Forte 1

Subs: Dual SVS Ultra +

Screen: 65"x120" DaLite Grey

Projector: Sharp PG-M20X

Processor: Lexicon MC-1

2 Ch Preamp: McIntosh C-36

Many NAD mono amps (for now)

Green Blob,

"For all we know, Theears could a two and half foot Mongolian lesbian who lives in argentina. And the only thing he/she listens to is Wham on a 25 year realistic battery powered cassette player. The Krell amps only power the lights to it's hut."

cwm27.gif

You twisted Green Blob,you dont have to tell my whole life story here. Frown.gif

LOL

Shame on you Mike,for a stripper from Amsterdam impersonating Boy George you have quite a bite.I know now why you like horns!And tubes cwm24.gif

You go girl,shu shu

TheEAR(s) Now theears