EICO'ers

NOSValves

Hi,

CV 4003-4's are extremely reliable, have a very balanced sound but - and this applies to all tubes - their performance could be circuit dependent. Unfortunately, the only way to know is to try them!

------------------

Aristidis

www.aca.gr/pop_coumpas.htm

NOS440,

FWIW.

There is not much diference between $34.95 and $40 when you add in shipping cost from England and the cost of registered mail to get your payment there. If they are not the "real cheese", it will be hard to get a refund from many thousands of miles away. I have bought many tubes from overseas sellers, but only when I can't get a close price here in the US. Only once have I not been completely satisfied with the valves I received, but it made it almost impossible to correct without months of ebay red tape, so I ate it. There's nothing like establishing rapport with a reputable US seller for so many reasons, one of which is prompt, good advice, available by picking up the phone. Think past the immediate sale.

Just my 2 cents.

Klipsch out.

PS. I'm not clear whether the auction is 2 for $34.95 or $34.95 for each of the two tubes in each lot. Which is it?

This message has been edited by jazman on 09-24-2002 at 07:30 PM

The auction is for 2 at 34.00 a pair shipping from england was 6.00 and his feedback is perfect 246 positive. I would say its a safe bet and at over 1/2 price. Oh and I use paypal so no expense there. Jazzman do you alway's look for the negative side of things Smile.gif

Craig

Well, I dunno, I see:

Buy It Now for US $34.00 each

If I had interpreted that as $17 each I would already have them.

As it was I bought this deal from a guy in Missouri, same thing I think:

LOOK! NOS Mtch Pr Mullard CV4003 12AU7 ECC82 Item # 1383376499 http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1383376499&ed=1032843180&ssPageName=ADME:B:EOA:US:2

He gives lots of info, including test results.

Tom (who borrowed a Eico 635 tube tester today and discovered that one of his EZ81/6CA4 won't pass the grid leakage test, turns on the warning light as soon as it comes up. wonder if that's got anything to do with that hum...)