Help me upgrade *maniacally laughs*

supercooldude

• Moderators
51 minutes ago, supercooldude said:

Wow.  Just WOW.  Wow wow wow wow wow.  Is it weird to want to marry speakers?  Thats weird right?  Yeah ok...its weird.

We have been in heaven testing these bad boys out!

Told you so.  :D

• Like 1

19 hours ago, supercooldude said:

Ok, I think I need to pull back on getting such a huge sub.  I am really eyeing the R-115SW...Yes? No?

The 15's are the only way to fly for home theater.  Go big or go home. :)  

Truth be told, they lose weight REAL quick.  Just not that big.  JTR, PB-16 Ultra, yeah maybe a little big.  

• Like 1

17 hours ago, supercooldude said:

How the heck do I contact this guy.  I signed up for an account but its limited access.....waiting patiently....

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=486034

Make a post leaving him your email.

$600 is a lot for an RC-64, but about what is closer to market value for an RC-64 II.

That is my opinion, not data based.

• Like 1

Wow this is a great thread.  Kudos to #Youthman who has helped many and really got this member hooked up with a system.

Such a good set of recommendations too, do not miss out on a pair of RS52s or RS62s.   They are a "miracle" speaker imo.

For subs, I'll just give 2 small bits of advice --

1) The lower a subwoofer can play, the more expensive and/or larger the sub tends to be (you want 35hz...any sub.  you want 20hz or lower, much larger and/or more expensive).

2) 2 subs is much, much better than 1 sub, in a serious room.  4 subs imo is another step up.  1 to 2...."C" quality to "B+" quality....2 to 4 or more...."A+" or "theater" quality (really, better)

Great to see you happy with your new purchase, keep going and have fun with it.  Nothing is really ever a mistake...if you don't like something you sell it. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, RoboKlipsch said:

Wow this is a great thread.  Kudos to #Youthman who has helped many and really got this member hooked up with a system.

Such a good set of recommendations too, do not miss out on a pair of RS52s or RS62s.   They are a "miracle" speaker imo.

For subs, I'll just give 2 small bits of advice --

1) The lower a subwoofer can play, the more expensive and/or larger the sub tends to be (you want 35hz...any sub.  you want 20hz or lower, much larger and/or more expensive).

2) 2 subs is much, much better than 1 sub, in a serious room.  4 subs imo is another step up.  1 to 2...."C" quality to "B+" quality....2 to 4 or more...."A+" or "theater" quality (really, better)

Great to see you happy with your new purchase, keep going and have fun with it.  Nothing is really ever a mistake...if you don't like something you sell it. 

I cant thank all of you enough for the great support.

You know its so funny, before this thread it never even DAWNED on me to have more than one sub.  I ordered one of the 15s.

Now this being a house in Queens its connected on both sides to other houses.  We just moved in 2 years ago and I should at least done SOME soundproofing when we re did the basement, but it was a stressful time to say the very very least.  I think the next thread I start, if there isnt one already, should be about soundproofing....well its probably more like sound dampening, because as loud as the neighbors can be, this monster theater is going to put them all to shame. shaaaame.

Its frustrating because I have done a ton of work to get it looking pretty....only now to probably have to tear it all out to soundproof it....or at least really really deaden the sound. 

http://www.soundproofing.org/infopages/basement.htm

• Like 1

Now THAT'S a big project :(:)

Soundproofing is awesome but a big job with questionable results when it comes to what your 15 can do.

At 20hz the wavelength is 40feet long, yes...it is going to go into that neighbors house no matter what.

But not to worry, you will find a volume level suitable that it doesn't bother them during quiet times, and can hopefully work out what is "acceptable" during regular day hours.

Adding subs is sometimes but usually not about getting louder.  ANY sub can get loud enough, believe it or not.  But any sub cannot play low enough and with low enough distortion to sound good throughout the entire range a subwoofer could play.  That is where the extra money, and extra big size boxes come into play.   When you put two subs into that room, you will find that a much larger seating area can sound consistent and good, versus a smaller area with one sub.

How to integrate different subs is an art and fun challenge, as the benefits are that each time you find a "better" placement, it sounds better.  Don't sweat the soundproofing too hard at this point.  Figure out what you're going to have in your place and make sure before jumping into construction you know that you can achieve what you want.  Soundproofing IS possible but much of the attempt to soundproof a low end is almost impossible....concrete and other very heavy materials are needed to stop or reduce the flow of very low frequencies.  

If you like your neighbors, you want to tell them about it, and actually ask if you can come over to their side and hear it so you know what it sounds like and if it is acceptable to them.  If you don't like your neighbors (or they are jerks) then it becomes a much harder issue..... :)

Great thread keep going and keep making sure it's fun.  If it becomes a lot of work and not fun, stop and enjoy what you have until the bug pushes you to change it up again.  

1 hour ago, RoboKlipsch said:

Now THAT'S a big project :(:)

Soundproofing is awesome but a big job with questionable results when it comes to what your 15 can do.

At 20hz the wavelength is 40feet long, yes...it is going to go into that neighbors house no matter what.

But not to worry, you will find a volume level suitable that it doesn't bother them during quiet times, and can hopefully work out what is "acceptable" during regular day hours.

Adding subs is sometimes but usually not about getting louder.  ANY sub can get loud enough, believe it or not.  But any sub cannot play low enough and with low enough distortion to sound good throughout the entire range a subwoofer could play.  That is where the extra money, and extra big size boxes come into play.   When you put two subs into that room, you will find that a much larger seating area can sound consistent and good, versus a smaller area with one sub.

How to integrate different subs is an art and fun challenge, as the benefits are that each time you find a "better" placement, it sounds better.  Don't sweat the soundproofing too hard at this point.  Figure out what you're going to have in your place and make sure before jumping into construction you know that you can achieve what you want.  Soundproofing IS possible but much of the attempt to soundproof a low end is almost impossible....concrete and other very heavy materials are needed to stop or reduce the flow of very low frequencies.  

If you like your neighbors, you want to tell them about it, and actually ask if you can come over to their side and hear it so you know what it sounds like and if it is acceptable to them.  If you don't like your neighbors (or they are jerks) then it becomes a much harder issue..... :)

Great thread keep going and keep making sure it's fun.  If it becomes a lot of work and not fun, stop and enjoy what you have until the bug pushes you to change it up again.  

Well I am definitely up for at least reading through a thread here or something, I can be pretty handy with lots of stuff but this is something I want to do correctly.  I really think to be considerate instead of thinking "soundproof" I am thinking "as much sound dampening as I can possibly do without losing my darn mind".

23 hours ago, Youthman said:

This forum has been a huge help to me over the years.  Glad to help spend other people's money.

I am so close with two people on getting an RC-64, but communication is just so slllllloooowwwwww....

I could have just bought a RC-64ii by now.......please tell me this is worth the battle....

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, supercooldude said:

I am so close with two people on getting an RC-64, but communication is just so slllllloooowwwwww....

I could have just bought a RC-64ii by now.......please tell me this is worth the battle....

metropolislakeoutfitters you just shush! :P

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MetropolisLakeOutfitters said:

Sorry, it's not, tried to tell you. :)

Here's your sub btw, looking all lonely and stuff. ;)

20170727_132748.jpg

What the...awww cmon man!!!  I think I may just be willing to cough up the extra $$ for it soon.... call it a fairly inexpensive life lesson....

• Like 1

Okay successful purchase of RC-64!!  Now I actually have to wait to get the sub and the center.  Like actually WAIT guys...like several days!!  

It was a super super nice guy on the camero forum, spoke with him on the phone and everything.

Im actually all of a sudden getting nervous about how loud this is all going to be.....

• Like 1