NCAAF

oldtimer

42 minutes ago, EmilC said:

Ok then. You angry?

I think Jimbo really is from Long Island. How else would he know about Massapequa

I venture that many of us around here are smarter than what you might think?! Helll, I'm just a hick from KC and know where Massapequa is located --- even  without an assist from Google. We'll try to keep up with you ----

1 hour ago, richieb said:

How else would he know about Massapequa

I read a lot.

And, I certainly want to thank the resident  supposed college football expert who seems to drop in at the most opportune times to call other in-state teams "screwed",  etc.    There are rubes in other places too, other than just KC.

1 hour ago, richieb said:

I venture that many of us around here are smarter than what you might think?! Helll, I'm just a hick from KC and know where Massapequa is located --- even  without an assist from Google. We'll try to keep up with you ----

Had no idea that  a small town located here on Long Island that's no more than more  20 minutes away from me has such national recognition. How arrogant of me.

https://www.mapquest.com/us/ny/massapequa-282029612.

Ok, Ok.....I get it. It's your sandbox and I'm the new kid on the block.

Au revoir.

That's French for "good bye" for you hicks/rubes in KC

23 minutes ago, EmilC said:

Had no idea that  a small town located here on Long Island that's no more than more  20 minutes away from me has such national recognition. How arrogant of me.

https://www.mapquest.com/us/ny/massapequa-282029612.

Ok, Ok.....I get it. It's your sandbox and I'm the new kid on the block.

Au revoir.

That's French for "good bye" for you hicks/rubes in KC

Oh yes, the French. From France, correct?! 

Interesting goings on in the AP and Coach's Poll.

Michigan jumps from NR into 21 in the AP, +2 into 22 on the Coach's poll.

After being defeated by WVU, Iowa State fell from 15th down 10 places to 24th in AP.  WVU is now just above them from NR to 23rd, the highest rated 3-loss team.  The Coach's have Iowa State down 7 into 23rd place, WVU NR.

Undefeated Wisconsin +2 into 6th on AP, but Coach's have them +1 into third!

In the Coach's Poll, Michigan State went from NR jumping 9 teams into 16th!

There seems to be more independent thinking and disagreement in the polls this year than in the past.

17 hours ago, DizRotus said:

There aren’t any undefeated Western Michigans, Boise States, etc. this season to gum up the works.

Seems I spoke too soon.  In addition to Alabama, Georgia, Miami, and Wisconsin, UCF is undefeated.  Unless the Bulls lose to UConn, Temple or South Florida, they will remain undefeated, but be disappointed by the CFP.

5 minutes ago, DizRotus said:

Seems I spoke too soon.  In addition to Alabama, Georgia, Miami, and Wisconsin, UCF is undefeated.  Unless the Bulls lose to UConn, Temple or South Florida, they will remain undefeated, but be disappointed by the CFP.

UCF is getting some respect from the Coaches Poll, now +2 into 12th place.  That's impressive.  They are ranked just ABOVE Penn State.

Does anyone really believe UCF can beat Penn State?  

55 minutes ago, EmilC said:

Had no idea that  a small town located here on Long Island that's no more than more  20 minutes away from me has such national recognition.

You might also remember that Ron Kovic, who wrote "Born on the Fourth of July", was from Massapequa.

16 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

Does anyone really believe UCF can beat Penn State?  

Other than the team and their parents, probably not, but that was also true when App State took on Goliath.;)

I almost hope South Florida at 8-1 (#22 and #21) beats UCF to eliminate any whining about an undefeated team being overlooked by the CFP.