NCAAF

oldtimer

This week’s important B1G games are Wisconsin vs Iowa and State vs State (OSU vs MSU).  The only chance for a B1G team to make the CFP would be for Wisconsin to stay undefeated all the way through the B1G Championship game, where they will face one of the States.

This is no rap, but the Eminem game in College Park Maryland is a no win situation for the Wolverines.  If they beat the Terps and their 4th string QB, so what, another victory over a team with a losing record.  If they lose to Maryland, Harbaugh should consider polishing his NFL resume.  Personally, I think it’s silly to even think about another coaching change in A2, but I don’t bleed blue.

Victories over Wisconsin and OSU might save Harbaugh’s job, but they wouldn’t improve Michigan’s chances in the CFP.  Michigan has no victory over a team with a winning record.  The Badgers would be the first.  As I said before, the Wolverines are screwed.  Having lost to PSU and MSU, winning the B1G East is all but impossible at this point.

58 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

A while back in the alumni magazine there was an article about it and the originator, but I don't recall much of the details.

This is an opportunity to imply that you read that magazine at the barbershop, but I'll resist that jab, even though I beleive your sense of humor could handle it.  I infer you are an alumnus

My former neighbor was an alumnus of Texas A&M.  He had a sticker on his truck that read, "Association of former students."  The fact that it was worded that way, rather than, "Alumni Association," intrigued me.  I guess that's one way to include the ex-football players.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, DizRotus said:

This is an opportunity to imply that you read that magazine at the barbershop, but I'll resist that jab, even though I beleive your sense of humor could handle it.  I infer you are an alumnus

My former neighbor was an alumnus of Texas A&M.  He had a sticker on his truck that read, "Association of former students."  The fact that it was worded that way, rather than, "Alumni Association," intrigued me.  I guess that's one way to include the ex-football players.

You see that a lot with state schools....I am indeed an alumnus of TCU.  That is a good idea about the barber shop, maybe I can sneak the address into the system.  I will admit that my dad is an alumnus of Texas A&M, proof that the next generation was an improvement...

www.magazine.tcu.edu

https://magazine.tcu.edu/fall-2010/hhwaaaaaaaaaah-frog-horn/

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, DizRotus said:

This week’s important B1G games are Wisconsin vs Iowa and State vs State (OSU vs MSU).  The only chance for a B1G team to make the CFP would be for Wisconsin to stay undefeated all the way through the B1G Championship game, where they will face one of the States.

This is no rap, but the Eminem game in College Park Maryland is a no win situation for the Wolverines.  If they beat the Terps and their 4th string QB, so what, another victory over a team with a losing record.  If they lose to Maryland, Harbaugh should consider polishing his NFL resume.  Personally, I think it’s silly to even think about another coaching change in A2, but I don’t bleed blue.

Victories over Wisconsin and OSU might save Harbaugh’s job, but they wouldn’t improve Michigan’s chances in the CFP.  Michigan has no victory over a team with a winning record.  The Badgers would be the first.  As I said before, the Wolverines are screwed.  Having lost to PSU and MSU, winning the B1G East is all but impossible at this point.

I let Coach Harbaugh know about this thread, and I'll tell ya, he is petrified.....