Forte II set up HELP!

matt Laff

Hello! Brand new to this page, and for this specific reason!

I am moving out of my house soon and decided to see what I was going to bring with me. My dad left speakers, and little did I know until about an hour ago these big guys are Forte IIs. With what I have read, they seem to be pretty decent too! But I have NOOOOOO CLUE how to set these up. I am used to aux cords, and usb to hear music, so I'm pretty dumb founded with these weird looking wires lol.. I really want to hook them up and get them playing some music/for movies (if thats normal). Any advice on how to set them up would be greatly appreciated... if the sound doesn't blow me away and is not worth it to me, just going to sell them as i do need money! 

Any advice would be great!

Thanks again. 

Cheers! 

Not that hard to set up.....find information on web. Its just normal stereo set up. Sounds like your not to interested in them so just sell them on the forum to ones who appreciate them.

If you live close to a forum member I'm sure one would come over and hook those up for you.....what location are you at?

Matt, there is speaker wire already attached to the speakers.  Can you find the other end of the wire, turn the receiver around and find where they plug in?  It is Pos/Neg for the right speaker and Pos/Neg for the left.

It's clearly marked on the back.

6 minutes ago, matt Laff said:

Sorry was unclear, yes i have been doing that but not getting a response. Taking wire from fortes and putting into the back of my sony audio box, not sure if plugging into correct area.

I don't know what a Sony audio box is.

Pictures might help, and the name of the audio gear you are trying to use, make and model will help.

What source are you trying to use, ie, the tuner part of the receiver? 

copy pasting from one of your other threads

Match the red and black from the speaker to the receiver (Sony box). Front Left and Front right. If you get one backwards it will still work but will sound a bit weird. The 3rd speaker would be called a Center and looks like that is listed as a Surround speaker on the Sony. This is entirely optional and may or may not work depending on the setting of the receiver. To get music it sounds like you'll have to hook up your phone or ipod. You'll need a 3.5mm (headphone jack) to RCA cable. Then plug that in to the back. Shouldn't matter much which one as long as you have that selected it'll work

If you plug it into Tape 2, you'll need to select Tape 2 on the receiver etc.

Image result for stereo speaker hook up diagramImage result for stereo speaker hook up diagramBout as easy as it gets with out having someone come over and help you. The headphone jack will not work like you describe in your post. For the FM radio to work you will need to hook antenna up. Those are awesome speakers of your dads.....do not sell them you will regret it they are worth atleast 600 a pair these days maybe more depends on condition.

• Moderators

Check the wiring again and if everything looks OK, if so switch the left and right speaker and see it the problem follows the speaker or stays on the same side. This will tell you if it's a speaker or the receiver (sony).

If the static stays on the same side you could always switch out the left and right input wires from your CD player or DVD player, whatever you are using, it would just switch the channels to see if the sound stays on the same side or moves. These things can help you figure where the static is coming from.

To me, for music and movies it's worth more to have them for many years playing than a few hundred dollars which will disappear.