What do I have?

Jared2007

On 10/13/2017 at 3:01 AM, Jared2007 said:

You’re joking? That much? Wow!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No he's not.

I say figure out(or ask) how to hook them up and at minimum listen to them with your favorite acoustic music for a week or two.  You may find yourself wanting to keep them.  They are that good if all is well internally and functioning as designed.  That estimated price range will stay pretty steady for at least a year so if you don't have to sell them immediately, don't.

On 10/13/2017 at 3:05 AM, Jared2007 said:

I live in Lubbock, Texas

There are many Texas Klipsch Forum members so maybe solicit some help getting them set up properly and enjoy them for a bit.  If they are not for you, get them same Texas members to help you sell them.

Bill

On 10/13/2017 at 2:52 AM, The History Kid said:

Depending on your location you could see $1500-$2500 for the pair.  Condition seems a little rough on the one, so that could fetch them lower middle on that scale.

I agree with what The History Kid said. They are a little rough and not having consecutive numbers hurts the appeal too. 

I think that there was a pair bought for $75 before. I paid a lot less for mine than $2500. they were mint and had ~ $600 in Xovers in them. 

On 10/13/2017 at 6:42 AM, Woofers and Tweeters said:
On 10/13/2017 at 2:51 AM, Jared2007 said:

These speakers were given to me by my grandfather

I would keep them if I were you. 

Condition, location, time of the year, serial numbering, type of wood, grills, phase of the moon, how much you value them and such will play a part in how much and how fast they leave. 

Something that I failed to mention in my first response: The attitude and gratitude of the seller will have a large affect on if they are sold on here. 

You're trying the sell a pair of speakers that are approaching the size of a kitchen stove. There aren't very many people who will be in the market for them. 

2 hours ago, jimjimbo said:

Advertise them for $1600, accept a $1500 offer.  

Agree. 

Even though someone says they are worth up to $2500 Jim has more accurately assessed their fair market value, that is a price that is fair to both Seller and Buyer.  

As the owner the scratches and scrapes tell a story of their journey when your grandfather owned them so the imperfections probably won't bother you.   

OTOH a potential Buyer wants speakers in perfect condition and he wants the 25 year-old crossovers updated.  There are capacitors in those speakers that lose their effectiveness after 15-20 years dulling the sound and in some cases the capacitors actually leak oil.

They are your speakers and you can ask whatever you want for them.  At that higher asking price you can expect it will take months before anyone even makes an offer on them.  At the fair market value Jim mentioned you can expect them to sell probably within 2 weeks to a month.