Forte III Video Review

Youthman

• Moderators

Thanks Dean.  Not a Fergie fan?  LOL.  I know what you mean....but honestly, I'm not really a 2ch guy.  I'm probably 90% Movies and 10% Music.  I probably don't listen to music that audiophiles do, I listen to mostly Pop, Christian as well as some Acoustic music and basically anything that has a great beat.  Pretty much zero jazz, classical, and very little Rock. 

I have received some input from the Klipsch Owners Facebook Group of a list of "real music" that I will be using to compare the RF-7 II to the Forte III. 

You did a good job, I was just playing.

You sure talk like a 2-channel guy, you seem to know the language.

Simple verbiage works best. A lot of people go overboard and it just sounds like nonsense.

You present well. You should do more of this.

I'm curious about the youtube issue -- I'm having trouble understanding what happened with that.

No matter. To be honest -- there is no way to get an honest listening assessment through a computer -- no matter how good the sound card and associated speakers are.

• Like 2

My definition of a good speaker is not how it sounds, but how it makes me feel when I'm listening to it.

31 minutes ago, Deang said:

To be honest -- there is no way to get an honest listening assessment through a computer -- no matter how good the sound card and associated speakers are.

I know what you mean.  There are some Youtube music  vids I like to watch via the computer, and I also have the identical songs on Blue-ray disc. 

As good as the Youtube version is in terms of high quality, the BD version is an order of  magnitude better.  Simple as that. 

• Like 1

• Moderators

Very nice Michael, glad you're liking them. 

1 hour ago, Deang said:

Simple verbiage works best. A lot of people go overboard and it just sounds like nonsense.

Exactly, it's what I liked most about it, good review.  

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Deang said:

You did a good job, I was just playing.

You sure talk like a 2-channel guy, you seem to know the language.

You present well. You should do more of this.

Thank you for the kind words Dean.  I guess I don't feel ike a "2-channel guy" or an "audiophile" because I cannot express well what my ears are hearing.  I just know if it sounds good or not good.  My ears can tell which speakers they prefer but I couldn't tell you if a speaker has good upper mid-bass, dynamic range, imaging etc mainly because I really don't know what those terms mean completely. 

1 hour ago, Deang said:

I'm curious about the youtube issue -- I'm having trouble understanding what happened with that.

On my Youtube channel, I have my videos "Monetized" which means ads play and Youtube periodically sends me a small check (about $100 every three months) and that's based on the number of subscribers, views and comments I have.  In  the past, if I had a video that I uploaded that I knew had copyright protected music (basically any song on the radio) and I forgot to turn off monetization for that video, Youtube would send me a nice email that says, "Your video contains copyrighted content but don't worry, you aren't in trouble.  The copyright holder will receive any revenue from this video".  Last week, I made a video that had about 12 songs playing through the Forte III (almost in their completeness) and thought if I just turned off Monetization for that video, it would be fine.  Apparently Youtube's automatic copyright detection engine didn't like that I had so much copyrighted material so they placed a warning when you try to view the video that said something like "This video cannot be played due to copyright infringement" so that no one could view the video.  Does that help explain it better?  I think I could upload a single song playing through the Forte III and turn off monetization for that video and they would not remove it, I would just get a friendly warning that I used copyright content.

1 hour ago, Deang said:

No matter. To be honest -- there is no way to get an honest listening assessment through a computer -- no matter how good the sound card and associated speakers are.

Dean, I could not agree with you more.  The ONLY reason I made the video is a lot of people have asked me to make one.  Even if you play the audio through Jubilees, there's no way even my $150 Rode Video Mic Pro can capture what

I'm hearing with my own ears.

1 hour ago, wvu80 said:

As good as the Youtube version is in terms of high quality, the BD version is an order of  magnitude better.  Simple as that. 

Exactly

14 minutes ago, dtel said:

Exactly, it's what I liked most about it, good review.  

Thanks dtel.  As I've done with all of my previous written reviews here in the forum over the past several years, my hope is I can provide some insight to those that are considering the speakers that I'm reviewing.  I know it's one person's opinion, one person's point of view and one person's setup (which is completely different than just about every one else's setup), but hopefully it's beneficial to those watching.

• Like 1

Very well done and well presented. Kudos. Very much looking forward to the comparison with the RF 7 IIs. Had my heart set on a pair of those but was unable to find a good deal in Canada.on the other hand I do fondly remember the Fortes that a friend owned back in the late 80s. Have always been partial to three ways.