Heresy w/SUB

mdbrien

2 hours ago, Khornukopia said:

Musically, the frequency response blends seamlessly. If your question is about the cabinet sitting on top, The cabinets are solidly built and have enough mass. It is recommended to place a layer of non-slip material between them, such as a thin layer of foam, but not the common kitchen drawer liner that will stick to the speaker's finish.  The veneer is Lacewood. 

Guess stacking the H's on top of sub's seemed somehow wrong to me with vibrations and such.  But if there aren't any apparent negative sonic factors then it's a pretty efficient way to have dual sub's.  When was Lacewood offered as a finish?  Those are beautiful. I've been trying to find out if Klipsch's current offering of the East Indian Rosewood Heresy's are still available.

IMO, more than one good sub is more important than one great sub.  Optimal placement of multiple subs is more important than using them as speaker stands.

The improvement of going from one powered TH sub to two was dramatic.  The improvement from two to four was real, but more subtle.  In all cases, placement through experimentation and testing was much more important than fixing the locations for non-performance related issues.

Velodyne DD10 on bottom of homemade 4 post Heresy wood stands. The sub is on 4 inches rigid insulation and Heresy is on 1/8 inch felt and neoprene “pillow”. Heresy are v1.5 with ALK Universal and new B&C 12CL76. No problems from vibration but final layout is still pending. I bought the sub post audition sub from seller on Canada Audio Mart, in home town. Front firing sealed sub!

On 2/27/2018 at 2:17 PM, ThomasD. said:

I've been trying to find out if Klipsch's current offering of the East Indian Rosewood Heresy's are still available.

I can custom order you east Indian Rosewood but the sample picture I have doesn't look like the ones posted above.  Would have to research that.