Help setting up amp

vasubandu

1 hour ago, jimjimbo said:

Hudsonville Ice Cream makes a stellar Toasted Coconut...

But the real top drawer combo is still Breyers Vanilla and Breyers Coffee.  When I was 5 yrs. old or so (a while back) my grandfather would take me to a small ice cream shop in Teaneck NJ, where I would order a sugar cone with Breyers Coffee and Vanilla, with Vanilla on top.  Never forget it......

Yeah, that is when Breyer's vanilla had milk, cream, sugar, and vanilla beans only as ingredients.  Then "All Natural" actually meant that.

Bill

A bowl of soft serve.  Chocolate on one side, vanilla on the other.  Not swirled.  A Maraschino cherry on the top, one on the bottom.  No stems.  

All as demanded by Sheldon Cooper, PhD.

Is this on the menu at Tastee Freeze?

• Like 1

Well after I set up the amp and turned it all on, I had a loud buzzing from several speakers. So I did my research and am still working through it. In addition to the amp, I have a new receiver and a new DVD player. At least it is an annoyance and not harmful (not that loud), and I suspect it is something that everyone has to deal with.

13 hours ago, vasubandu said:

When I really need to be sure about something, I rely on people here.Most questions can be answered on the great internet, but sometimes the answers aren't great. More than anything else, I rely on people here when it comes to matters of judgment.  

I think you make a really good point. (the whole post)

Yeah, you could look things up on the internet but there is so much information it is hard to sift through it all.  I find it much easier to ask people who I trust a couple of questions, then take their advice to heart. 

That's why I try to be helpful to others, there are so many others here who have helped me that I can never thank enough for sharing their knowledge and giving me their time.

21 minutes ago, vasubandu said:

Well after I set up the amp and turned it all on, I had a loud buzzing from several speakers....it is an annoyance and not harmful (not that loud)...

Sounds weird but try moving your RCAs around. Move them away from speaker wire. That mild hum may diminish or disappear.

@TasDom I hope not.  If I take my time with a meter, I should be able to get it. Process of elimination.  But if it is in the amp, I have a problem.  I know the seller too well now to suspect that he would have hidden it, plus he gave me thousands of dollars of stuff for free.  It might have been damaged coming home. But I am  certain I can fix it.