Chorus 2... what a bargain!

A stretch?   Shoot, even the NOS ones unused & still in the box special ordered for a klipsch family member posted here a year or so ago weren't priced that high! 

Depreciation results: 

$1550 in 1992. Now 25+ years old.  Caps probably needing replaced.  Common oak finish.  Average used market value of $600-$900.  = Ridiculously overpriced.   

What's wrong with you guys?  The ad says "vintage."  How often does "vintage" come along?  Nothing wrong with the price, besides, do you know what new Chorus II's sell for?  It's a lot

Did you see the bottom of the ad?  "Seller will pay for packaging and shipping to France. That leaves me out, West Virginia is nowhere near France.  I guess that leaves our German friends out as well.  :(

2 hours ago, EPICKLIPSCHFAN said:

A stretch?   Shoot, even the NOS ones unused & still in the box special ordered for a klipsch family member posted here a year or so ago weren't priced that high! 

Wow, what a memory you have.  I had forgotten that so I looked it up.  There were some Chorus II new old stock sold on Ebay out of Wisconsin 11/06/16.  There were 53 bids.

not whining at all.. actually was laughing & just wanted to let others see it so they could have laugh too.  people post things like this all the time.  honestly, it's hardly worth even commenting on a sarcastic thread like that...

however, i will be editing this post as i just spoke to the seller & the $2700 price was was to include free shipping to FRANCE! he said a buyer wanted them very bad & was willing to pay all shipping & seller fees for them.  the seller has since deleted the listing & will try to work out the logistics privately.  again, was just for laughs as the price was comical if it was a domestic sale.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wvu80 said:

Wow, what a memory you have.  I had forgotten that so I looked it up.  There were some Chorus II new old stock sold on Ebay out of Wisconsin 11/06/16.  There were 53 bids.

i didnt see they sold on ebay, but thats where they actually sold. i just remember them advertised here by "colter" maybe,  they stuck in my memory because ive never seen NOS chorus 2 & they were special ordered for a klipsch family member.

2 hours ago, jimjimbo said:

cmon guys, it's ebay, what do you expect?  If you want to whine about the high asking/starting prices for this and thousands of other pieces of audio gear, you'd be dong that all day, every day.  Honestly, it's hardly worth even commenting on.

Agreed. Most of the Klipsch aficionados are HERE. I was going to ask $1,200 for my Oak Chorus II's, but, AFTER re-capping and refinishing WITH free shipping, which is usually about $300.

9 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

No, they were advertised by me, and sold away from this forum.

@jimjimbo

I remember them.

Excellent condition, and they were brought to market with a little suspense if I'm not mistaken - "you should see what else I have in hiding" or something to that effect.

• Sad 1