wristwatches

T2K

This is another of my watches, it is a Citizen Eco-Drive it is solar powered and charges itself on either sun or other light. This is my most expensive watch (around $300), although this was an xmas gift I received 2 years ago.

Axiom.png?u=41zuoe

On ‎3‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 12:40 PM, Rich_Guy said:

This is another of my watches, it is a Citizen Eco-Drive it is solar powered and charges itself on either sun or other light. This is my most expensive watch (around $300), although this was an xmas gift I received 2 years ago.

Axiom.png?u=41zuoe

Eco-drive uses solar energy to charge an internal capacitor which, in-turn, trickle-charges the internal battery.

On 3/29/2018 at 6:11 PM, HDBRbuilder said:

Jewels are all now pretty-much artificial rubies nowadays, not natural ones

Not trying to present myself as knowing much about the technical side of the watches but as I understand it...

My guess is the rubies are "synthetic" which as I understand, means "Chemically the same as" but they are now crystalized in controlled conditions rather than in the ground.  They are therefore more pure and have less crap in them.

Go to a store and look at a large "synthetic" Ruby, Sapphire and place next to them, a "natural" stone of same size.  The synthetic stone is still a "real" stone, it again, is just crystalized under man made conditions AND will cost far less than the natural stone of same size.  The color of the synthetic will also beat the natural stone hands down.  Better (visual) quality, cleaner stone, chemically identical and less expensive!  (sounds like a beer commercial!!)

Artificial = fake/imitation

Synthetic = "chemically the same as 'real'"  It will also display the same properties as a natural item because it is the SAME as the natural item and is just as "real"

Natural = dug from the ground and what people consider "real"

On ‎4‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 6:16 PM, Coytee said:

Not trying to present myself as knowing much about the technical side of the watches but as I understand it...

My guess is the rubies are "synthetic" which as I understand, means "Chemically the same as" but they are now crystalized in controlled conditions rather than in the ground.  They are therefore more pure and have less crap in them.

Go to a store and look at a large "synthetic" Ruby, Sapphire and place next to them, a "natural" stone of same size.  The synthetic stone is still a "real" stone, it again, is just crystalized under man made conditions AND will cost far less than the natural stone of same size.  The color of the synthetic will also beat the natural stone hands down.  Better (visual) quality, cleaner stone, chemically identical and less expensive!  (sounds like a beer commercial!!)

Artificial = fake/imitation

Synthetic = "chemically the same as 'real'"  It will also display the same properties as a natural item because it is the SAME as the natural item and is just as "real"

Natural = dug from the ground and what people consider "real"

Actually, they are "genuine faux diamelle" ruby products.

• 2 weeks later...