Line Magnetic 219-IA

SonicSeeker

Just purchased this to try with my LaScala's.

Unfortunately I wont hear it for a month or two.

Wont even see it until then.

We are in the process of selling our home here in Colorado and moving to Dallas.

I am having it delivered there, so I wont see it until we move.

I am still excited though and wanted to share.

649434466_thumb_1f25f254b1e1c6a68ce3d356f7531814.jpg

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

You ‘should’ love the amp. I own the 219, paired to cornwalls. Wonderful pairing. Changing tubes will also improve things. Change out the 12ax7’s off the bat, significant improvement. I personally have old smooth plate telefunkens. 

• Like 1

On 6/24/2018 at 9:34 PM, jkull said:

You ‘should’ love the amp. I own the 219, paired to cornwalls. Wonderful pairing. Changing tubes will also improve things. Change out the 12ax7’s off the bat, significant improvement. I personally have old smooth plate telefunkens. 

We are closing on the sale of our house here in Colorado on the 12th of July and then we are on our way to Arlington Texas where the amp is sitting idle, the wait is driving me nuts.

I was thinking Telefunkens would be my choice from past experience but I will listen for a while first to see which direction I want to take the sound.

• Like 1

We are closing on the sale of our house here in Colorado on the 12th of July and then we are on our way to Arlington Texas where the amp is sitting idle, the wait is driving me nuts.
I was thinking Telefunkens would be my choice from past experience but I will listen for a while first to see which direction I want to take the sound.
I just had to wipe the drool of my chin wow wow wow I love these amplifers but coming across one in NZ at a resonable price is near impossible

You have a better chance finding a unicorn lol

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Finally in the new house, nightmare after nightmare but that is a story for another time.

I finally hooked everything up today and am listening to my stereo again after 4 months without.

Sounds great and feels even better.

I am listening through my OPPO UDP-205 right now and will finish setting up my turntable tomorrow.

I can't wait to spin some vinyl again!

20180812_161726_resized.jpg

• Like 4

On 8/12/2018 at 5:28 PM, SonicSeeker said:

Finally in the new house, nightmare after nightmare but that is a story for another time.

I finally hooked everything up today and am listening to my stereo again after 4 months without.

Sounds great and feels even better.

I am listening through my OPPO UDP-205 right now and will finish setting up my turntable tomorrow.

I can't wait to spin some vinyl again!

20180812_161726_resized.jpg

So what's your take on the line magnetic 219 ?

http://www.stevehuffphoto.com/line-magnetic-219ia-integrated-tube-amp-review-300b-and-845-tube-magic/

• Like 2

I really like it!,

First time in a long time where everything I have played is at least "very" enjoyable, but for the most part everything is "outstanding".

A little idol hum but could be the nasty power here in the city. A million air conditioners and ceiling fans running.

• 3 weeks later...

After a couple weeks of listening and getting used to the new system and house I find my music seems to be a little on the dark side.

I would like a little more detail and clarity and I would like to tighten it up some. 

It is kind of like everything is inside the speaker a hair instead of out front and around.

I installed the A-55G Midrange Driver and  CT120, I also have updated AA crossovers from Dean,

I have Tungsram 12AX7's Gold lion 300b's and SHUGUANG 845's

It sounds quite good but in my never ending pursuit these are the things I would like to be better.