YEA!!! Another Bose store closes!!!

Mighty Favog

Ah yes, another one bites the dust! Overpriced, crappy sound that can't be compared to Klipsch or any other competitor because they are EXCLUDED (not to be confused with exclusive) from any A/B demo (Bose vs. Bose only).

But their HUGE marketing budgets sure propagated their name among those who think speakers should be nearly invisible (or the size of sugar cubes). Heck, I met a Hewlett Packard Engineer at a convention in San Jose, who took me back to HP Headquarters to play me a Bose system with those little sugar cubes with shitty little subwoofer. He cranked them up and said "listen to how loud you can get these things, impressive for their size, don't you think?" Since I had lived with Klipshorns for many years and was accustomed to low distortion, I was appalled at how such grossly high IM distortion could be totally undetected by my otherwise intelligent host, with me cringing at my ears being tortured by the second. I just agreed with his premise so we could leave as soon as possible. Tin ears, indeed.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

lol, all I know is my daughter has done about 120 gigs this year all of which I set sound up for. The compact is the absolute schizzle. The Model 2 I have used to run her full band; her vocals and another singer, her acoustic guitar and even mic the kick drum and another up top on the drums. The bass and lead guitar run thru their respective amps. I have QSC 12.2's also but unless it's just a huge outdoor deal simply don't bother with all that jazz. They have at least 2 great products I can attest to that. Now at home I listen to LaScala 2's, Palladiums and a full RF7 HT so yeah I might know what sounds good.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ClaudeJ1 said:

I do like the sound of line arrays for the home, but they have to be dipole to get the spatial 3D effect.

These are PA systems for live sound (single acoustic, maybe a duo and some full band applications) in bar/restaurants, outdoor events, etc. The Compact in particular has been a life changer for me, and will be an easy great sounding solution for her to set up by herself when she's gigging her way thru college. It's all about the application.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wstrickland1 said:

These are PA systems for live sound (single acoustic, maybe a duo and some full band applications) in bar/restaurants, outdoor events, etc. The Compact in particular has been a life changer for me, and will be an easy great sounding solution for her to set up by herself when she's gigging her way thru college. It's all about the application.

I have 3 pairs of Carver Amazings (Platinum and AL III's) that use the Bohlender Graebener 45 and 60" Planar Magnetic drivers along with built in Subs (4 12's per channel in Platinums). They have amazing micro detail and dynamics for a non-horn setup, however they need gobs of power compared to horns, and lots of space away from walls to get the 3D effect. My experience with Bose, admittedly, was with earlier products. I still think their stuff is overpriced, either way. But as long as they do what they are designed for, I have no problem with the systems you mention or the compliment you have generously paid them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ClaudeJ1 said:

I have 3 pairs of Carver Amazings (Platinum and AL III's) that use the Bohlender Graebener 45 and 60" Planar Magnetic drivers along with built in Subs (4 12's per channel in Platinums). They have amazing micro detail and dynamics for a non-horn setup, however they need gobs of power compared to horns, and lots of space away from walls to get the 3D effect. My experience with Bose, admittedly, was with earlier products. I still think their stuff is overpriced, either way. But as long as they do what they are designed for, I have no problem with the systems you mention or the compliment you have generously paid them.

You have no idea how wonderful that makes me feel!! All I have been yearning for is your approval. Also learning that your speakers have amazing micro detail and dynamics is a huge bonus. My daughter is playing a private party tonight but the way my luck is turning out today I plan to leave early and buy a lottery ticket or two!! Thank you for making my day special.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

25 minutes ago, wstrickland1 said:

You have no idea how wonderful that makes me feel!! All I have been yearning for is your approval. Also learning that your speakers have amazing micro detail and dynamics is a huge bonus. My daughter is playing a private party tonight but the way my luck is turning out today I plan to leave early and buy a lottery ticket or two!! Thank you for making my day special.

One thing I like better than great horns is amplified, yet subtle sarcasm. Thank you for the above average dose you have given me here. My week is complete. LOL.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, wstrickland1 said:

Yes indeed, application and the right watts.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ClaudeJ1 said:

One thing I like better than great horns is amplified, yet subtle sarcasm. Thank you for the above average dose you have given me here. My week is complete. LOL.

She'll just about buy that one tonight and closing in on 120 shows this year. Do the math. Oh and she's 17 :)

Sometimes easy is what's up

20180929_185111.jpg

• Like 3