Network type B VS B2

BRockyC

The b2 has a 20uF across the woofer inputs.  A 3uF instead of a 4uF for the squawker.  A 245uH inductor on the tweeter inputs.  And the squawker and tweeter are not in phase with the woofer.

Questions: has anyone listened to both, with new caps, and could tell a difference?  The reason for this question is some threads show people buying type B and/or rebuild Bs but not B2s.

I've searched: network AND type AND B AND B2 and ended up with 800 pages to go through.  Any ideas how I should search for it?  See, I'm going to replace caps....  but should I stay with B or upgrade to B2?  I've read people returning to B but the post are from 2002 and no reason was given why.  What does the 20uF do?  Raise the 400K to 600K?  Or cut sub-woofer,  <20K, to remove distortion?   Yay.... I'm a newbee....

Cornwall's don't have a subwoofer they have a woofer.  I would not alter the network as it was changed most likely to accommodate a driver change you will be doing more harm than good.  You have two caps to change in a B network a 4uf and a 2uf and you can update the coil to a sledgehammer version inexpensively, the auto-former should be fine.. 

On 10/1/2018 at 1:22 AM, BRockyC said:

The b2 has a 20uF across the woofer inputs.  A 3uF instead of a 4uF for the squawker.  A 245uH inductor on the tweeter inputs.  And the squawker and tweeter are not in phase with the woofer.

Questions: has anyone listened to both, with new caps, and could tell a difference?  The reason for this question is some threads show people buying type B and/or rebuild Bs but not B2s.

There's a bit of a learning curve, and it's much more of an involved answer than most posters would want to try and type out.  So here goes:

https://www.audioholics.com/loudspeaker-design/crossover

And part two:

https://www.audioholics.com/loudspeaker-design/the-loudspeaker-crossover

This will give you the basics, and you will come away with an understanding of the difference between the "B" and "B2" crossovers.  You will also be able to have an opinion of your own regarding the differences in the two variants of the networks.  As you can see, it is a much deeper subject than can be typed out in a simple response on a forum...