JohnJ

2 hours ago, JohnJ said:

& even without what you were looking for I'd bet the long play of those discs makes for a good time!

of course ...it´s a superb double CD , even without the tune that I´m missing ......

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MicroMara said:

smilie_gr_179.gif

And this compilation- There are 2 sets in date eras - I have both eras 

King Crimson ‎– The 21st Century Guide To King Crimson (Volume Two 1981-2003)

https://www.discogs.com/King-Crimson-The-21st-Century-Guide-To-King-Crimson-Volume-Two-1981-2003/release/702067

—-

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MicroMara said:

@dirtmudd  " one time"  is beautiful as " walking on air " ......the live album Japan Plaza is available in Japan only , gonna check it out,   thanx a lot smilie_op_014.gif

Just found out that  " one time "  is also on the album THRAK, or am I wrong ?

https://shop.schizoidshop.com/king-crimson---deja-vrooom-dvd-p9.aspx

Navigate:  King Crimson
<   Previous Product
  Next Product   >
King Crimson - Deja VROOOM (DVD) MAIN

King Crimson - Deja VROOOM (DVD)

King Crimson present the world's first user tailored musical experience on DVD.

Price: $18.99 $17.09
Add To Cart
SKU: DGM9810
keywords: vroom
In keeping with their tradition of using new technologies, King Crimson present the world's first user tailored musical experience on DVD, Deja VROOOM. Featuring re-edited concert footage from Tokyo, Japan performances of the 90's line up of King Crimson plus much more.
Tracks:
Side One:
deja VROOOM Set One:
1. Circular Improv
2. VROOOM VROOOM (w/7 camera angles)
3. Frame By Frame (w/2 camera angles)
4. Dinosaur
5. One Time
6. Red
7. B'Boom
8. THRAK
9. Matte Kudasai
10. Three Of A Perfect Pair (w/2 camera angles)
Plus:
In The Court Of King Crimson (Commentaries, hidden videos, and a slide show)
Vector Patrol (In which you can select the bias for viewing the concert, and an audio setting of Dolby Surround or DTS)

Side Two:
deja VROOOM Set Two:
11. VROOOM
12. Coda: Marine 475
13. Sex, Sleep, Eat, Drink, Dream
14. Elephant Talk
15. Indiscipline (w/2 camera angles)
16. Talking Drum
17. Larks' Tongues In Aspic Part II
18. People (w/2 camera angles)
19. Walking On Air
Plus:
21st Century Schizoid Band (In which you select a rhythm section, vocalist, and instrumetalist, from various King Crimson incarnations)
Vector Patrol (In which you can select the bias for viewing the concert, and an audio setting of Dolby Surround or DTS)
Tony's Road Movies (Film vignettes from 1995-98)

Utilizes DVD multiple camera angle features. Viewer is furnished with 7 different video angles, onefor eachband member, as well as the main edited angle.

Disc provides multiple audio features including stereo, Dolby 5.1 and DTS Surround sound.

Previously unreleased footage.

Biased playback and auto angle shuffling.

Revolutionary interactive musical game - the player may choose their own version of 21st Century Schizoid Man by choosing a rhythm section, vocal track, and soloist from any of the various incarnations of King Crimson.

Tony's Road Movies. A series of clips of the band on the road, photographed by Tony Levin.

Unique ROM features including Web site links and a collection of text documents written by Robert Fripp.

Plus exciting hidden features.

Authored at Kao Infosystems, Fremont, CA.

Price Details

Qty Unit Price
1 + $18.99 $17.09

https://shop.schizoidshop.com/king-crimson---bboom-p4.aspx

King Crimson - B'Boom MAIN

King Crimson - B'Boom

Recorded direct from the mixing desk of King Crimson's return to active service in Buenos Aires in 1994.

Price: $14.99
Add To Cart
SKU: DGM9503
Recorded direct from the mixing desk and capturing the raw intensity of King
Crimson's return to active service in Buenos Aires in 1994. This critically
acclaimed live album includes Elephant Talk, Red, Larks' Tongues in Aspic Part II
and The Talking Drum, alongside new material from 1995's Virgin release THRAK.

Tracks:
Disc 1
1. VROOOM
2. Frame By Frame
3. Sex, Sleep, Eat, Drink, Dream
4. Red
5. One Time
6. B'Boom
7. THRAK
8. Improv-Two Sticks
9. Elephant Talk
10. Indiscipline

Disc 2
1. VROOOM VROOOM
2. Matte Kudasai
3. The Talking Drum
4. Larks' Tongues in Aspic Part II
5. Heartbeat
6. Sleepless
7. People
8. B'Boom (reprise)
9. THRAK

Robert Fripp: Guitar
Adrian Belew: Guitar, voice, words
Trey Gunn: Stick
Tony Levin: Basses and Stick
Pat Mastelotto / Bill Bruford: Acoustic and Electronic Percussions

Technical Note:
These recordings are taken from DAT recordings of the front-of-house mixing deskduring the series ofperformances at the Broadway, with the exception of "Heartbeat" from Cordova. Soundboard mixes are not representative of what an audience might hear. Those instruments which are naturally louder in the theatre are not likely to be as loud in the P.A. Panning is also likely to be more extreme in a theatre, where audiences on the right might not hear a carefully placed shaker on the left. But there are refreshingly different perspectives, also intriguing close-ups on drum kits and internal guitar panning, which would never get past the censorship of a studio and good taste. Which is maybe one reason why bootlegs are popular...... R.F.

Music by King Crimson. Words by Adrian Belew
Live Sound Engineer: Noah Evens Assistant Engineer: Carlos Pulido
Equipment and Strategic Liaison: John Sinks
Mastered by Robert Fripp and David Singleton. Digital Editing Engineer: David Singleton

The results flit between grandeur, parody and elevator music for the insane. B'BOOM is a palpable hit....

Diamond-hard, multifaceted structures prevail - dissonant, angular, but always beautifully logical.... TheWire

This is real alternative rock played by musicians who make even the formidable likes of Soundgarden or the Red Hot Chili Peppers sound like a third division Camden indie band.... Guitarist

The revitalised KC kicks out the jams, albeit in the sickest, least socially acceptable way possible.... Guitar For The Practicing Musician

A performance of electrifying unconventionality.... Total Guitar
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, MicroMara said:

@dirtmudd  " one time"  is beautiful as " walking on air " ......the live album Japan Plaza is available in Japan only , gonna check it out,   thanx a lot smilie_op_014.gif

here's your link 

https://burningshed.com/store/kingcrimson/kc_dejavrooom_dvd

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, MicroMara said:

Yes One Time is on the THRAK album - studio version 

One time - Live In Buenos Aires 1994 - is also in that compilation set I mentioned above 

https://www.discogs.com/King-Crimson-The-21st-Century-Guide-To-King-Crimson-Volume-Two-1981-2003/master/1034199

This is the 69 to 74 set 

https://www.discogs.com/King-Crimson-The-21st-Century-Guide-To-King-Crimson-The-Volume-One-1969-1974/release/8348423

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Full Range said:

Hey, take it easy, you guys are driving me crazy. smilie_sonst_131.gif

• Haha 2

37 minutes ago, Full Range said:

I personally like Bolero - the base is just sublime 

An incredible track that sits you down - massages you then eats you up before digesting you 

Also a wonderful interpretation of the Bolero. Especially the not so experimental tunes of King Crimson have something inside that touches and fascinates me very much.

• Like 1

Azimuth was a British jazz group in the Modern Creative style, which was active from 1977 to 2000. Azimuth consisted of pianist and organist John Taylor, trumpeter Kenny Wheeler and singer Norma Winstone. The trio, partly supplemented by other musicians, played contemporary jazz with a chamber music attitude.

Azimuthkleiner.thumb.jpg.193b02234f71bc58e7905fb01625a7bd.jpg

• Like 2

Crossings is the tenth album by jazz pianist Herbie Hancock, released in 1972. It is the second album in his Mwandishi period, which saw him experimenting in electronics. The album is the band's first to feature new member, synthesizer player Patrick Gleeson. He was scheduled to "set up his Moog synthesiser for Hancock to play." However, Hancock was so impressed with Gleeson that he "asked Gleeson not only to do the overdubs on the album but join the group.Crossings, along with Fat Albert Rotunda and Mwandishi, was reissued in one set as Mwandishi:

The Complete Warner Bros. Recordings in 1994 and as The Warner Bros. Years (1969-1972) in 2014.

1972913168_HancockCrossingskleiner.thumb.jpg.d361a6520043b51f0a9400c3513c56e8.jpg

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Full Range said:

If you get the time search out Tal Wilkenfield and listen to the bass work 

Heck yea, I've known about her since I saw "Jeff Beck at Ronnie Scotts" almost ten years ago. I flipped out that the healthy little girl could jam on the bass like that!

Didn't know she was doing her own LPs until a few months ago though, you guys clued me in on that!!

• Haha 1