JohnJ

I think I have never heard an album in my life as often as Grover Washington Jr. " Winelight " . I have purchased several different LP pressings CD's and even, because I was very lucky, a 24 bit Japanese recording.

Groverkleiner.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, JohnJ said:

@MicroMara, nope been busy and I'll admit.... have had "a bad case of the #ss"

Attitude that is.

Glad to hear from you, nice to hear that you are doing well, but what do you have to do with the Secret Service? Whose attitude is being criticized ? 024.gif     027.gif

• Like 2

17 hours ago, MicroMara said:

Glad to hear from you, nice to hear that you are doing well, but what do you have to do with the Secret Service? Whose attitude is being criticized ? 024.gif     027.gif

Was critiquing myself there and several days of "Quadrophenia" in the car can induce soul searching to an extent!

I did frequently "E" barry telling him in the postscript each time that I'd see him in he!l. But they cut me off from continuing that after a year or so. Suppose I've got a "record" with them now.

Driving places, putting the respirator on, taking it off when I get back to the car. Only touching the outside of it, putting in back into the gallon sized ziplock, it is a strange, new, apparently now a chronic reality.

Just one of the poems brought to life on the recording that could possibly cause you to drift off and compare it with your own situation.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, JohnJ said:

Was critiquing myself there and several days of "Quadrophenia" in the car can induce soul searching to an extent!

I did frequently "E" barry telling him in the postscript each time that I'd see him in he!l. But they cut me off from continuing that after a year or so. Suppose I've got a "record" with them now.

Driving places, putting the respirator on, taking it off when I get back to the car. Only touching the outside of it, putting in back into the gallon sized ziplock, it is a strange, new, apparently now a chronic reality.

Just one of the poems brought to life on the recording that could possibly cause you to drift off and compare it with your own situation.

Ahhh, now I understand better. Thank you very much for this very personal explanation. We should treat ourselves to something good ....0017.gif

• Like 2

Hey @MicroMara realize that after I posted the reply you might not have ever heard an old southern USA saying "A bad case of the butt" (the 3 letter word for it is used, often frowned upon by more prudent folks). Foul mood or bad attitude is what it's used to describe!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just because we have spring in Germany, listen to the album " Springfever " by Joachim Kühn. It is from 1976 and was digitally reworked as a 24 bit version. Of course as Japan Pressing. Wonderful easy listening jazz.

Kühnkleiner.jpg

• Like 1

Hel-lo again 

Yesterday I stuck my foot in my mouth figuratively here getting cutesy with hz and Khz in the vinyl thread. Things have been better here the past 24 and I've got my wits about me again.

Now when I found a sub that I could keep and improve upon the good sound of the Forte IIIs, this disc was one of the nice finds in the drawer.

Track five of this disc is one that I knew had more in it `cause I'd had it in the honda boombox before.

At the beginning of "She Said" is where the most knarly of the bass is felt in this tune that is definitely below 38 hz.

Plant's solo stuff is eccentric to say it most nicely. It was fun to see him do it especially for this LedZep fan.

IMG-20200329-175502.jpg

IMG-20200329-175540.jpg

• Like 2