JohnJ

@dirtmudd

Yep, knew you'd know you were the other guy I'd said would know who he was! As a matter of fact you told me about that release years ago... said it had the best version of Dr. Diamond on it.

Supposedly it got left off of "Starless & Bible Black" but not put on another I guess gave the fans something to look forward to with nearby or day-trip away shows!

• Like 4

Took a ride into town today, 40 min one way! My gas station finally raised their prices, got to get another one now!

Changed out the music from Dio and Faith No More to these guys for the trip!

PXL-20240324-003445428.jpg

Jelly Jelly came on when I was dipping and climbing in & out of the hills & serious curves that I've gotten used to on a couple numbered state roads!

• Like 4

Saw this and did not hesitate. When his A Savage Life came out, what was allotted to the USA sold quick and has not been back in stock except once... when my address was a license plate. 

I'll get those other two studio ones from my favorite Irish blues man soon enough!

His latest?

PXL-20240330-173653662.jpg

PXL-20240330-173452326.jpg

Found a Patsy Cline cover in here, Sorry Dom it's hers... all hers.

• Like 2

Not what I would normally to play first with new equipment.

It would have been a Pink Floyd LP of course.

No problem: The Klipsch KP-301 was made to ROCK!!

PXL-20240410-003348702.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, JohnJ said:

Not what I would normally to play first with new equipment.

It would have been a Pink Floyd LP of course.

No problem: The Klipsch KP-301 was made to ROCK!!

PXL-20240410-003348702.jpg

Not sure without checking 

Was that cover banned for something?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Full Range said:

Not sure without checking 

Was that cover banned for something?

Somebody told me that here a couple years ago.

Think they said it was because of the front page of that now messed up newspaper. Sounds plausible, and it isn't clear on the yt vid so I'll take that as confirmation it was the reason!! 

2 hours ago, JohnJ said:

Somebody told me that here a couple years ago.

Think they said it was because of the front page of that now messed up newspaper. Sounds plausible, and it isn't clear on the yt vid so I'll take that as confirmation it was the reason!! 

‘Ahh 

Must have read the same post and recollected it 

• Like 1

Been through a lot of tunes since last evening. Got to my third copy of DSOTM (the cd) then. Some Depeche Mode that these speakers make come alive!

Then this band that sometimes makes more calm songs and sneaks them into their albums

PXL-20240410-222644257.jpg

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Dave1291 said:

What you eatin there Willis?   You have literally been cookin!  Dining with Della Brown cranked?  😂  Whew!  Some good stuff right there.   :)

Beef, onion, chili powder, green bell, green jalapeno and cayenne pepper, tomatos, kidney beans, garlic, cumin, paprika, s&p

* by the way, tagged 115 db several times with that cd, lows around 89. Clean and clear as a whistle, wonderful bass that negates the need for a sub in here too! I would not want to color what these woofers can do with anything else. The textures in the bass... wish I could have found a 1440 of Jeff Becks "There & Back" when I tested the 15 inchers last night!

Edited by JohnJ
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Oldies but Goodies!

Played one of these at the youtube thread the other week then saw:

"Intervention worked for months with Universal's archive team, scouring the vaults in the US and UK for the best-sounding tapes. Several sets of tapes, including 1970s-era tape copies, were sent to mastering and evaluated by IR's Shane Buettner and Chris Bellman.

The best-sounding tapes are 1/2" safety copies from the 1990s A&M Safety Program. The Wind of Change and Frampton safeties are sourced from UK Production Masters, while the Frampton's Camel safety is sourced from the Original Stereo Master. These tapes sound sensational, vibrant, detailed and alive. Combined with Chris Bellman's work at the board, and the superbly transparent mastering chain at Bernie Grundman Mastering, legions of fans will hear what Peter and the band really put on tape during this seminal period. Fans will hear bottom-end authority, dynamics and textural details never revealed on any previous edition."

$ not $$

Thick, scalloped, deep cases not paper sleeves :happy:

PXL-20240424-202004242.jpg

• Like 1