JohnJ

Made it up to 50 today here, and it was 25% wet so I opened up and now there aren't any rugs or carpet (wasn't installed) left in the house.

On tap today was some heavy and some fun!

PXL-20210206-210922412.jpg

Extreme had that one record that was excellent and kinda psycho with the mood of the tunes! Tesla's first was fun and a lot of memories made while that was out and in the background!

Heck, I can say that about all the others... Foreigner's first and Molly Hatchets second.

PXL-20210206-210931695.jpg

Zebra? If you like GretaVanFleet they were those guys back in the 80s. After JGeils "Serves You Right to Suffer" crosses sides there is Box Of Frogs "Just a Boy Again" the "Her Majesty" by the Beatles ending right where "Miss You" starts. Stones are still jamming here but I closed up and let the heat back on at 63 cause its 45 outside now. Sleet overnight a half inch is what they're calling for.

• Like 3

Warm enough to wash the very dirty car today. Riding all over in the rain can do that!

I'm guessing that this was one of the last that I made because I was in FL `92 - 03 when I discovered the pumpkins, then was without a cassette player when I came back home to here.

Their music has always been interesting to me, and live in a small facility back then they could knock your socks off!

PXL-20210210-011935377.jpg

Wish I could post them all but I'll give those of you that frequent a good taste.

• Like 2

Got to see this band for this release, and go back to Hotlanta for a couple of days at the same time!

PXL-20210219-183341806.jpg

They did pay homage to a hero that is mentioned often but his teachings are ignored.

Teachings because he was a Reverend after all.

"People" do exactly the opposite.

Sad, Sad Times.

It's about Love people!

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Now this is why I logged in a while ago before the thunder and darkness and then alerts on my phone started.

PXL-20210318-203550838.jpg

A Swan Song cassette, dated 1974 but I didn't buy it until I got my wheels in `79 I'm sure.

Then the headliner for the afternoon, a collection of covers with a decidedly heavy hand to them.

A couple of them are really good!

PXL-20210318-165732675.jpg

• Like 3

If you're a Rocker you might can hang with me the last couple of days. Think the Metallica whet my appetite for more. Down to only the cassettes or the youtube app on the tv that I don't have an ad-blocker on. The tapes have ruled here recently on that little boombox.. yea I know you could all me pathetic too!

But here in my Twilight Zone there will be escape in a few months. In the order they were played & Bruce Dickenson did make at least one decent solo recording.

PXL-20210319-191024785.jpg

PXL-20210319-183102859.jpg

I worked for a livin' back then building houses... old tapes... they don't smell so it's alright

PXL-20210319-191141669.jpg

• Like 3

Part B

or Set # 2

And these two Iron Maiden's are some good tapes, almost as good as the high-bias ones that I made!

PXL-20210319-230910720.jpg

Got the rest of the walls finished... it took a while with everything else going on here lately.

There was nothing like the late 70s + a few for great rock shows in our small coliseum that was. :(

Rock On Guys & Gals!

• Like 2

Finally got to the second coat needed where it had not been painted since 1999.

Felt like some more U2:

PXL-20210327-172118994.jpg

This tape starts with Joni... forget the other it was a mistake. The covers U2 did here are very good Help was a little melancholy, found a version from around the same time.. couldn't hear it yet.

Then the Police, one of my all-time favorites.

Edited by JohnJ
1st vid had awful sound
  • Like 2

Not exactly qualifying as work.. but got a lot of s-g trim done today. Last one I heard before stopping is what I heard at the Omni one night a long time ago. The Fixx played first though, just one after another not much banter. Was only a couple months after their big LP came out. Wish I still had that Synchronicity t-shirt. Funny how some things like that leave with someone that came over.

PXL-20210328-211045446.jpg

• Like 3

Never thought of these guys as prog back in the day, thought of them more as a kind of glam-rock like Bowie with more instruments. Whichever, this later stuff from Genesis live makes for a good hour or so of a good atmosphere to work by.

PXL-20210329-143628412.jpg

• Like 2

So after the ethereal sounds of some of that last one I doubled down for the rest of yesterday afternoon, then spent too much time on the phone with family-business-talk/others not hearing.headbang.gif

This part was nice, the second tape those on the first side would have made an incredible second set for the band. Wouldn't be surprised if they put them together before!

PXL-20210329-174253533.jpg

Live tape that like REO's captured exactly what the tour sounded like if you heard it when the LP came out afterwards!

PXL-20210330-134118410.jpg

• Like 1