Oldtimer's hot sauces

jimjimbo

There is still a small amount left of Scorpion Wraith and Bee in the Bonnet.  If you like a mild flavorful condiment with a slight kick then Bee is for you.  It has a nice yellow color too.  There is just something about that magic ginger and garlic combo.

55 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

There is still a small amount left of Scorpion Wraith and Bee in the Bonnet.  If you like a mild flavorful condiment with a slight kick then Bee is for you.  It has a nice yellow color too.  There is just something about that magic ginger and garlic combo.

How did the Wraith turn out?

37 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

How did the Wraith turn out?

Sweet onion, shallots, and lime zest.  It has a nice kick to it, not quite the long slow burn of the ghost, but nice and tasty.  

The hybrid nature of the chiles makes descriptions a little harder to pin down.

All in all, I would say the ghost sting has more of an earthier taste, being shallots and lemongrass, while the wraith has a brighter effect, thanks to the lime zest.  The bonnet is very rich and flavorful, but will not challenge anyone's heat tolerance.  I can see great uses for all of them.

• Like 1

On 7/26/2019 at 5:29 PM, oldtimer said:

Sweet onion, shallots, and lime zest.  It has a nice kick to it, not quite the long slow burn of the ghost, but nice and tasty.  

The hybrid nature of the chiles makes descriptions a little harder to pin down.

All in all, I would say the ghost sting has more of an earthier taste, being shallots and lemongrass, while the wraith has a brighter effect, thanks to the lime zest.  The bonnet is very rich and flavorful, but will not challenge anyone's heat tolerance.  I can see great uses for all of them.

Yes, Sir!  Monday delivery he said...  Mmmmm ok.  Soooo, I back out of the garage a bit ago and there's a suspicious looking box.  Musta caught a tail wind from his place to here is all I can say.  The Ghost in the Sting is just that!  Sneaky and fantastic!  Double thumbs up oldtimer ya killed it again!  Thanks!  :)   Wait, what?  Why did I just thank a man for burning all the hair off of my tongue???  j/k, j/k it's GREAT!

• Like 1