Which DVD player do you use?

Kain

I was thinking of upgrading from my Toshiba to a progressive scan. At first glance I was thinking about a Sony DVD that plays CD-RW, MP3, DVD-RW etc for under $300. What would the benefit be to getting a more expensive model? What models should I explore buying...probably on-line. I have a Mitsu 55" TV.

playstation 2

Yeah I know but it certainly works.

And the ease of getting it to play foreign DVDs is an added bonus.

I currently have it set up with s-video and digital optical audio out.

I may switch to component video, but i don't know that it's worth it on my 14" toshiba.

You can also program it to auto select DTS over dolby digital or vice versa.

Did I mention it plays games.9.gif

Peace, Josh

I had a Denon DVD-1600 for about a month. I recently took it back. I decided I should buy a new amp before getting new media players. After I get a new receiver, I'm going to in-home audition a Denon DVD-1600, a Pioneer Elite DV-45A and a Panasonic RP-91 and keep what I like best.

BTW, in the month I had the Denon, the only gripe I had was with the cheap remote. Everything else was awesome, especially the DVD Audio playback.

----------------

On 10/27/2002 2:37:56 PM SCOOTERDOG wrote:

I use a Techniques DVD A-10. It's about a year old now. Extremely solid piece of equipment. Excellent Video and DVD Audio Playback.

----------------

I like mine also except I have to buy a separate cd player since the a-10 won't play cdr's or burned vcd's 5.gif