Harman Kardon AVR 8000 vs Denon AVR-4802

Kain

I've never listened to the HK, but here's my thoughts on the 4802.

I owned the Denon AVR-4802 for a couple of months before I went to my current setup. Given my experience with it, I'd give the HK a try.

The Denon was so bright on my Forte II's that it physically made my ears hurt to listen for more than an hour. The amp produced very little bass. As a side note, most of my listening is done at about 75db, plus or minus five.

The Denon had all of the cool bells and whistles, but in the end my ears couldn't handle it.

----------------

On 10/31/2002 4:07:17 PM prodj101 wrote:

jezus, don't you people listen?! B&K and Rotel rule the receiver world!!! Build quality, looks, sound, they have it all! seems like you only want denon to say you have it.

----------------

Blah Blah Blah 2.gif

#ifdef ELITE_SPEAK

Duuuuuudez, Denon RUUUULLEEZZZ 11.gif . They OWN ya!!!!!!!

#endif /* ELITE_SPEAK */

No seriously, as I said in another posting in the general section, when I was shopping around for a new reciever to replace my antique RV-702, in my opinion, I found the Denon AVR3802 to have the looks, the sound, and the features for the price I was willing to pay in a reciever. It just turned out, to me, to be the best buy for the money I was willing to spend ($700-$1000 range). The B&K recievers where just to expensive and there was no way I could get seperates for that, even if I went used.

Why not spend a little more and buy the new Sunfire Ultimate Receiver and forget everything else. I am waiting for my Sunfire to come in but I have seen and heard this piece and it blows any receiver out of the water. Have you looked at Yamaha or Pioneer Elite? I would consider the new Yamaha 3300 and the Pioneer Elite 45TX.

Why not spend a little more and buy the new Sunfire Ultimate Receiver and forget everything else. I am waiting for my Sunfire to come in but I have seen and heard this piece and it blows any receiver out of the water. Have you looked at Yamaha or Pioneer Elite? I would consider the new Yamaha 3300 and the Pioneer Elite 45TX.

"Why not spend a little more and buy the new Sunfire Ultimate Receiver and forget everything else."

You said this well,the Sunfire(even the Carver)competes with the top of the like 3-4.5K receivers.I will borrow the H/K 8000 next week just to hear at home what the hoopla is all about.And it better deliver,it will face my oldie the 3801 and my Sunfire Theater Grand II/ATI 2505/1505 trio(MUA HA HA HA).

I can get the H/K 8000 for $1550US,brand new.Not I want any receiver,just want to hear what the H/K 8000 can do.I will let it drive both Klipsch R series and Dynaudio Contour.

Kain,

I noticed that you have an RMB 1095. Is there any reason why you wouldn't consider the Rotel 1066 processor? It would most likely sound better than either receiver. I have had a slew of receiver's over the past year and the 1066 stomps on all of them. Musically it is a big step up too IMO.

Why.. do you boy's fight over denon and hk and others,If you just buy a elite 47TX you will all have the best!EAR if your shopping for a good one do not spend your time with the others and even the hk new one,Take the pioneer 47tx with you believe me you won't even have to take it back,Already did it and don it with the new stuff out.I spent quality time on many high end receivers with friends,Did not even say much and the others said,WOW I'd take the 47tx.By the sounds of all your equipment you should easily be able to buy this unit.2.gif