Jump to content
The Klipsch Audio Community
mopardave

Cornscala script badge

Recommended Posts

Good job on the Cornwall spinoff bracing Claude, that is the weak point but it seems like many others disregard that spot and brace everything else instead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, ClaudeJ1 said:

For version 1.0, which still uses the original K55/K600 Driver Mid Horn combo, it's a 4 ohm Eminence woofer with Neo magnet, a 3" VC, and a 10.6 mm Xmax. It's a "super woofer" from Eminence. For the Super Tweeter, which is where I also got the name for my "Super Heresy," because of the tweeter upgrade, I have DaveA's latest sMAHL 2.0 with a DE-120 driver from B&C.

 

You may get a kick out of what I built at 20 years old, in 1975, the world's first of what would be called today a "CornScala between my Super Altecs!! This is the expando living room of my mobile home, which is all I could afford back then.

The third shot is the Super Cornwall 1.0 with oak plywood "feet" pulling up the height and acting as a "speaker stand" for the Atmos Rear Right Ceiling Bounce channel with KP-250.

WallOsound1976web - Copy.jpg

IMG_1520v.jpg

 

 

IMG_1945.JPG

IMG_1926.JPG

Nice. You have been ahead of the times a bit.  I didn't know what a klipsch speaker was till 1985 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, mopardave said:

Nice. You have been ahead of the times a bit.  I didn't know what a klipsch speaker was till 1985 

Pure luck really. I had a Detroit News paper route. The Paper station was about 3 blocks from my house, and the Klipsch Dealer was on my way to my paper route every day, so I was 13 when I discovered Klipschorns, but it took 10 years for me to buy them, with my fiancee to co-sign the bank loan. Then we got married, went to a honeymoon, and the Khorns arrived about a week after we returned. Perfect timing! LOL. Then I sold the "CornScala" and got a center LaScala to go with the Birch Khorns, which turned out to be the best year of construction for Klipschorns.....Baltic Birch!! Then, I sold the big power amps and got smaller Dynacos.

 

BTW, if all goes well, the Super Cornwall 2.0's will have a K510/K1133 Midrange in place of the K55/K600. That should make things even more "interesting." But it will require some sawdust, which the 1.0 does not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, ClaudeJ1 said:

Pure luck really. I had a Detroit News paper route. The Paper station was about 3 blocks from my house, and the Klipsch Dealer was on my way to my paper route every day, so I was 13 when I discovered Klipschorns, but it took 10 years for me to buy them, with my fiancee to co-sign the bank loan. Then we got married, went to a honeymoon, and the Khorns arrived about a week after we returned. Perfect timing! LOL. Then I sold the "CornScala" and got a center LaScala to go with the Birch Khorns, which turned out to be the best year of construction for Klipschorns.....Baltic Birch!! Then, I sold the big power amps and got smaller Dynacos.

 

BTW, if all goes well, the Super Cornwall 2.0's will have a K510/K1133 Midrange in place of the K55/K600. That should make things even more "interesting." But it will require some sawdust, which the 1.0 does not.

Ah, I see.  A little history.  Would the k510 horn be similar to the new mid horn in the new cornwall 4's?  At this point with all the good reviews, I would like to build a pair of the cw4's.  I like the new look of the cw4 as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, mopardave said:

Ah, I see.  A little history.  Would the k510 horn be similar to the new mid horn in the new cornwall 4's?  At this point with all the good reviews, I would like to build a pair of the cw4's.  I like the new look of the cw4 as well.

I think the CW4 has a 1.5 inch driver. The K510 will have a 2" compression driver, so it should cross lower and give more detail. But with all the other "tweaks," including the balancing network of the CW4, you'll just have to buy one if you want one, since the S.C. 2.0 will be just a "BIG MOD" to a CW-1 box.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ClaudeJ1 said:

I think the CW4 has a 1.5 inch driver. The K510 will have a 2" compression driver, so it should cross lower and give more detail. But with all the other "tweaks," including the balancing network of the CW4, you'll just have to buy one if you want one, since the S.C. 2.0 will be just a "BIG MOD" to a CW-1 box.

Yep.  At $6000/pr it will be awhile before I could but those.  Besides, I like making a little saw dust.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, mopardave said:

Yep.  At $6000/pr it will be awhile before I could but those.  Besides, I like making a little saw dust.

I hear you, my brutha from a different mutha!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, pioneerhip said:

When do the new badges arrive?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
 

Next week.  He said they were cut and need something else.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/5/2019 at 9:35 PM, mopardave said:

Next week.  He said they were cut and need something else.

Well where are the pictures dang it! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, pioneerhip said:

Well where are the pictures dang it! :)

Not sure what's up.  I will send him a message.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, pioneerhip said:

Well where are the pictures dang it! :)

Getting closer.  

cornscala 1.jpg

cornscala 2.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Perfect!!  Who did you get it from? The name you gave earlier wasn't the guy. I contacted him on eBay and he acted like he had no clue. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, pioneerhip said:

Perfect!!  Who did you get it from? The name you gave earlier wasn't the guy. I contacted him on eBay and he acted like he had no clue. 

This is the guy from Russia.  There are 2 guys doing badges. 1  in Iowa and the other in Russia.  I will let ya know when they are ready.  Should be by Monday.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay. That design is what I would like to go with. Would you mind PM me his info so I could start the process?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, glens said:

Wow, those things are huge, 10 inches?  Hahaha!

Roughly 4" long.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/13/2019 at 3:45 PM, mopardave said:

Roughly 4" long.

My cornscala badges are now on the way.  He only made the 1 pair, but said today he is making another and I told him to make at least 2 more pairs for now.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...