What finish did you get on your RF-7's?????

shoe11

Shoe,

My RF-7's are black. Their predecessors were Klipsch CF-2s in light oak. I went from a light oak tv to a Urushi black tv, so i went with black speakers this time.

I hope to get many years out of my RF-7s and RSW-15. Black should blend better with future upgrades of my tv and other equipment.

I did love the light oak, but it's the sound that is important IMO. Either color will sound great!

Bill

My KLF30's are finished in Mahogany but I too love the look of maple. If both finishes had been available to me at the time I would have gone with the Maple but the mahogany fit well with the furniture in my LR and in any event the 30's sounded better to me than the RF's - no war invited here the difference was at the Rolls vs. Bentley level.

In Any Event - The Sound - Is what it is all about !

Sorry Ears !!

No flame war available here !

I auditioned both the RF 7's and the KLF 30's and both blew me away but the reality is that the 30's were a little less than 1/2 the price of the RF7's because the 30's had been replaced by the RF series and in any event I preferred their sound. Had the maple finish been available to me I might have gone that route.

Anyone who has purchased either the KLF 30 or the RF 7 has made a damned good choice. There are many less expensive alternatives to the Klipsch line available these days and I grant that there may well be options available that are greater value for money - But I am happy with my system.

BTW - If I were to add a Sub to my system which ones should I be looking at ? (bearing in mind that the KLF's were a MAJOR stretch on our budget. Mein Frau has finally stopped hyperventilating so a reasonably priced sub is possibly within the budget)

The black ash to me has always been the default because as many of you have said it matches your TV, components, etc which usually are all in black. I think, however, that now I'm going to get the maple for a few reasons. One, the maple will make the RF-7's the standout component in my system as compared to the generic black ash (not that they should have any problem standing out even in black of course). They add a touch of class to the mix if you will. Two, the majority of TV, LCD/plasma displays are all silver these days anyway so most likely my next monitor purchase will not match with whichever color RF-7's I choose. Lastly, to me only the maple and cherry really convey the fact that they are real wood cabinets. Thanks for your comments.