I wish i was a sun lover

Dale W

Well here in overcast edmonton alberta , we awoke to about 5 inchs of the white stuff this morning.

Now i'm sitting in my office looking outside at all the new cars covered in snow.I have no clue on earth what makes me or anyone else want to live in this climate year after year.

What i need is to find some cushy job like mine in the lower USA. Any offers ???

Maybe i could open a heritage series olny store, so people could acually see what they really look like, instead of pictures in a book.

Partners anyone ?????

LOL...that is quite the idea. You should get a job like mine where all I do all damn day is surf the net! It sounds wonderful, but I have been to the end and back of the internet twice now! Also the pay isn't that great...salary, but a low one at that! We still get snow here in Missouri, USA , but the weather can change here at the drop of a hat. Yesterday it was in the 40's and today it is in the high 60's. Strange...strange...

JIM: your one lucky guy to live in such a great place.

My sun tan comes from indoors now or i'd be as white as the snow on the ground.

Years ago i ordered some supplements from a company in tempe called sportstar. The girl on the phone had the sweetest voice i've ever hear, a real southern accent.

i'll bet theres lots of eye candy down there !!!!!!

Ahh yes the frozen north.

I was born in Madison Wisconsin and I have many fond memories of it being snowy out.

Lol, when my sister and I were little we'd beg our mom to let us go outside to play in the snow.

My mom's rule was only if it got above zero degrees ferenheit6.gif

What were we thinking?? I can't imagine just wanting to run around all the time when it's only 2 degrees out.

A heritage only store would be a great idea. You should start one right here in orlando. It's certainly the sunny south10.gif

We might get a little competition from the "Sound Advice" stores, but we should be able to muscle them out of some turf11.gif

There is also all the tourists in town for disney, if we could set up shop at downtown disney that would be awesome. There are already is a highend guitar store as well as the huge Virgin records store at downtown disney I'm sure your Heritage only store would fit right in. Just think $rich$ people are coming to disney and you get them to listen to a Pair of Khorns, and they can buy them on the spot and have them shipped to their home.

Oh well to bad I'm asleep most of the day(darn class schedule) or I'd enjoy the beautiful weather a little more 15.gif

Peace, Josh

10.gif

Ive lived in wisconsin all my life. I love it here, evan the cold winters.

I think I would miss the dramatic seasonal changes if I moved south.

I cant stand the heat of summer. Anything over 80F and I am running for the AC. I think it is my German blood.

Call me crazy but, Florida is a fun place to visit, but I would not want to live there.

JM

J-Malotky...

Who are you trying to fool? We all know that the real reason you stay in Wisconsin is that you are a fried curd afficianado!! You ain't foolin anybody!!

I have always loved the winter sports, but in Arkansas, one doesn't get much chance to do that!! LOL! My feet are the only part of me that truly hates the cold...and I can thank the Army for that...a month in England in NOV-DEC 1975 humping a rucksack in continual freezing rain, with everything any of us had in our rucksacks(clean dry socks included!!) getting a thorough soaking the minute we landed as the dope dogs sniffed through our stuff, ruined my feet for cold weather for a lifetime!! When you have had immersion foot for a month in freezing to sub-freezing weather, with no choice but to continue to march, and no way to dry anything out half-way, like all of us had, it tends to do that!! LOL! But I still love the winter sports!!

----------------

On 11/17/2002 12:46:26 PM HDBRbuilder wrote:

J-Malotky...

Who are you trying to fool? We all know that the real reason you stay in Wisconsin is that you are a fried curd afficianado!! You ain't foolin anybody!!

HDBR

I will admit, enjoying Wisconsin Cheese is an important part of Wisconsin life. I was traveling a few months back in Orange county LA, and surprised that the cheese section in the supermarket was only a 4 foot section in one isle. Up here we have both sides of a complete isle full of cheese. And if you can get out to a Cheese factory and get fresh..... MMMMM.

We also have the Green bay Packers, Beer, and Harley Davidsons.

FYI - If any of you are looking for a used Harley, come to Milwaukee. Literally everybody ownes one, since the paper is full of them and they are commonplace here, they go cheaper here than anywhere else.

Wisconsin Rules.

JM

• 3 weeks later...

----------------

On 12/4/2002 11:45:58 AM rjb294 wrote:

Finally..SNOW! It is about damn time. I wish I lived somewhere where it snowed all the time. Now it really feels like Christmas time.

----------------

Ya? Snow here where I live is a huge treat. I mean in snows here in Oregon, just where I live not too often. 7.gif

With snow comes the curse of snow toy's . In this neck of the woods were big into mountian sleds, wich we nick name billy goats. Lots of guys around here with more than 60k tied up one sled, monster hill climbers.

I'm 38 and have been riding and racing since i was 10 . I've owned more sleds than i can remember. But with speed comes disaster and 3 years ago i met up with mine.

I blasted off a 80ft cliff at 60 m/h in minus 30 tempature at night. Thank god i was not alone or i'd be dead. I owe my life to my buddys and will never forget that.

Broke both wrists (both bones R & A ) nose , cheek bone and crushed the orbit of my right eye. 12hrs of plastic surgery and 6 hrs of orthopedic . They took a bone from my hip and built me a new floor for my eye to sit on (orbit) and gave me a plastic rt cheek.

As if 4 years of boxing and a life time of hockey was'nt bad enough in the scar dept, now i've got some real good conversation starters.

'