Jurassic Park III

robforst1

Oh man, I just had to reply when I saw that "stretched mode" comment. What the heck do you mean by stretched. Full Screen movies are "CHOPPED OFF", in other words, you don't get to see the whole movie. Ben Hur would look absolutley horrid on your preferred 4:3 view of things. Just my opinion though.

----------------

On 11/19/2002 9:56:09 AM ColaBear wrote:

Oh man, I just had to reply when I saw that "stretched mode" comment. What the heck do you mean by stretched. Full Screen movies are "CHOPPED OFF", in other words, you don't get to see the whole movie. Ben Hur would look absolutley horrid on your preferred 4:3 view of things. Just my opinion though.

----------------

He was trying to say that the store did not have the 16:9 version and so he was forced to rent the 4:3 version. But the thing is that he does not like streching 4:3 images to fill the 16:9 screen and so watched it in 4:3. 1.gif

Lowest note in that movie is when they are digging through the dino turd piles looking for the cell phone. When they pan to the beast stepping out my SVS driver bottomed out big time. I don't know what in the hell that frequency is -- but it sent me flying to the Samson.

Thanks Kain, you have it perfectly correct.

ColaBear - I have a Mits WS-65869 Widescreen TV, and the DVD player is set to 16:9 for my TV. If I rent a movie that was "Formatted to fit this TV" it blows hard core! If I leave the TV in standard mode, it will take that 4:3 image the "Full Screen" movies are made in and SSSTTTTRRREEEETTTTCCCHHHH it to fill the 16:9 screen. Making EVERYTHING oval shaped instead of round. So the people's heads are a little deformed and the mOOn's 9.gif are oval not round, etc.

So I have to switch my TV to the 4:3 mode and then I get these ANNOYING grey bars on the side. Like someone would get if they have a 4:3 TV and watch a widescreen movie, the black bars on top and bottom.

So that's why I said it sucked for that purpose, I just wanted to hear the movie more than see it, I saw it in the theatres a million years ago 2.gif

Dean - My SVS didn't bottom out there, I will have to listen to it again. Yours must be a little hot, like mine USED to be before I killed the driver 6.gif