Piano Black Khorns on Ebay

Gregorius

Very nice..especially for those wanting to use these in a home theater situation. I would use a little caution with no feedback no sales.. How will you ship them how or could you see/ hear them before the purchase... Etc etc. Ask for a phone number to talk with them, get a correct address to find out about shipping, and if your close, of course, can you see them before the sale is over.

The thing is...Lets just say for conversation here..

If you could get a buy on a used pair of K Horns for say 1000- 1500 dollars... And in great condition... That is a great find!!

I was looking at these this morning and wondering what kind of drugs he likes and were we might be able to get hold of some.

Any one who would pay $2000.00 to get a pair of k-horns finished in "black" must be on "crack". Piano finish ???

deep smooth texture less wood looks like plastic.

may be a nice finish on a grand piano but not on k-horns. by the look of the finish in the picture his description of a piano finish may just be a hyped sales pitch.

Other than that, yes they look nice and clean, will be intresting to watch and see what they sell for $$$$$

This auction is sad. Poor chump posted them in the wrong place and they don't even show up when you type Klipsch in the search bar and then arrange them by highest price.

Someone will probably get a steal on these because most people searching the Klipsch area for them will never see them. Oh well.

Clipped & Shorn, I can understand your temptation on the piano K-horns... and they will be packed and shipped for $250... And take it from someone who likes to listen the way PWK did... K-horns with a Belle in the middle... will put some salsa/jazz on your musical plate.

I think the black piano finish has people concerned about how much it is going to cost to have matching speakers. It is kind of spooky with just one bid... but I would not be surprised to see a flurry at the end. With no reserve there is little incentive for potential buyers to run up the bid early.

Of course, you always have the opportunity of having good neighbor fini work his black piano magic on any extra speakers. Just think... setting up shiny black (176 lb. each) Klipschorns that match the grand piano... now there is a "wine country" signature rig for all of your Latin Jazz... black piano finish congas with white hot zeno beat... outstanding! -HornED

PS: Hmmm, friend fini may have a new career... all he needs is do is come up with a cost effective fini finish and a truss to lift those big old speakers. Of course, you would need some hefty false walls for most club scenes... but they could fit together to make a shipping crate for your drum set.

I don't really understand the big deal regarding the "no reserve" bit. I mean, it's not like this guy is a power seller and going be overly concerned about his feedback. Also, it's not like eBay is going to drive a truck over there and confiscate the speakers. So, what do you have? Breech of contract? Are you going to sue the guy in some New York court? This seller is obviously new to the whole eBay thing -- and I can assure you that he has no intention of letting these go for less than $2300 plus shipping.9.gif

Remember, an eBay auction is a legal commitment to sell your item to the highest bidder. If you receive at least one bid at or above your stated minimum price (or in the case of reserve auctions, at or above the reserve price), you are obligated to complete the transaction. A failure to do so is a breach of the User Agreement and may be legally actionable by one or more of the bidders. You have the right to cancel a transaction only under exceptional circumstances.

About the no reserve ebay auction, I had a guy selling video projectors, no resereve, pull two auctions within 1/2 hour of close. I sent an email to ebay and they could care less. Their response was that a seller can pull an auction if they want.

By the way, this is my first post to this website. In the last 2 months, I have added a set of Khorns and 2 pair of Heresys to my system. It's great to live a childhood dream and own these. This was my first upgrade in 15 years.

Has anyone ever heard of Tigerwood as an optional finish on teh Khorns. They look great.

Nice images there Horn Ed. I would need a bigger house for the 9' Black Steinway grand AND Klipschorns!

What a nice dream......

That is correct about a seller being allowed to pull an auction off the boards, I forgot about that. In fact, I have even enticed sellers to do this on occasion by emailing them and making an offer. The item already had some bidding too, and the seller for some reason was willling to end the auction early and sell the item to me directly. Later on I thought it was not such a smart move on the seller's part because he didn't realize that the bidding might have gone higher than he anticipated when he took my offer, and the other bidders, were not pleased with this move since they then did not have an opportunity to compete. Usually a seller does not have a reserve when they are confident that the item is so hot and popular that it will very predictably go up to a good price. Someone mentioned that this same pair of Khorns did not make the reserve on a previous auction which suggests the seller is even more motivated this time. In any case it will be interesting.

-c7s

Hi Guys,

Theoretically,I own these.I negotiated a "buy it now "price with the owner last night,funded him via Western Union this morning at 9:35 A.M.

It's a little disturbing to see them still listed,but he may be at work.At any rate we'll see how everything works out.He assures me that they are pristine in all respects.

Best,

Pat

Congrats from here too, Pat. It would seem that this is another example of how we can help each other in finding success... and unusual Klipsch loudspeakers such as these fit right in with a Forum member.

If you will be transporting them by common carrier, be sure to insure them for the value of the Klipschorns PLUS the value of the piano finish which would probably add an extra $2,500 to their insured value.

There are many of us that look forward to a full report when you set them up, Pat, with photos to boot. Welcome to the Klipschorn world! -HornED