This is a must see !!!!

Dale W

ok 33 people have checked out this thread and no ones said a word. I thought you guys would love this add, considering it shows our beloved lascalas. Personaly i'll like to see the look on someones face as they were rising up out of the floor. I wonder if there are three more on the other side of the room.

sorry dudes, i totaly forgot today is your turkey eating day, no wonder no ones on line today, your all watching football and surfing the couch.

Dale, you are right... it does indeed deserve comment. I made a note of it for future reference. One thing that made me curious however was putting three LaScalas that close together didn't make a whole lot of acoustic sense to me... so I thought it may have been bogus. Frankly, I think the speakers are not as ugly as some would make them out to be... and so some nepharious interior decorator must be skulking about. I still have to think about it some... so, perhaps, more later when I am in an unstuffed mode. -HornED

That speaker placement reminds me of a bit I saw many years ago:

A text only description cannot do full justice to this but ...........

An ambassador from afar,(Sid Caeser) is being received at court. As he enters the reception room he passes through a gauntlet of Heralds each of whom bears a long straight trumpet.

He is announced just as he is directly between the last pair of Heralds who raise their trumpets smartly and blow a fanfare. Unfortunately the bells of the trumpets both right and left are about three inches from his ears - right and left. Sid's eyes cross violently and we see the most momentary of all slow burns as his eyes slowly uncross and he places his hands over each of the trumpets and gently swings them away.

----------------

On 11/28/2002 8:22:43 PM HornEd wrote:

Dale, you are right... it does indeed deserve comment. I made a note of it for future reference. One thing that made me curious however was putting three LaScalas that close together didn't make a whole lot of acoustic sense to me... so I thought it may have been bogus. Frankly, I think the speakers are not as ugly as some would make them out to be... and so some nepharious interior decorator must be skulking about. I still have to think about it some... so, perhaps, more later when I am in an unstuffed mode. -HornED
----------------

would it not just be left, center, and right speakers? on a stage with the screen infront?

There we go , i new i could count on you die hard posters to say something.

I found this add in a old audio video interiors magazine (dec 1999). The company is AUTON pop-up lifts-california, they make lifts for cabinets and floors. There web page is www.auton.com, they have some neet stuff.

I'm just such a gadget guy i could'nt resist posting this pic for the rest of you.

I would'nt think the screen would be behind the speakers as they rise up pretty high. Maybe the pic is just a bogus shot for advertising , But it's still cool !2.gif

----------------

On 11/28/2002 10:41:51 PM NOZ wrote:

Justin,

Why aren't you eating turkey, and talking to you relatives. Hee Hee
----------------

Well I actually did have a ten minute conversation with my uncle, who thinks I am 5 years old and knows nothing about technology, is poor and stupid, much less anything about studio's and what good sound is (he also has a studio mostly for making movies). All he ever talks about is his new $15,000 software program to increase shadowing or page turning yadda yadda yadda. He thinks that anything 5 minutes old is crap compared to what he just got. One of... those.

Well. I brought him into the pool house, said. Look at those speakers. I want you to take a 15 minute listen to them and tell me how old you think they are.

We listened to Diana Krall - I Love being here With You, David Grey - Please Forgive Me, Last of the Mohicans - Theme, Telarc Experience the Music - Olympic Fanfair, and The Mask of Zorro - Main Theme. This was on the Heresy's using the Technics amp and Sony discman cd player. (He was told to think about those components as well)

Well, when all was said and done he was awestruck. I finally got him to SHUT UP about how his new monitor speakers cost him $4,000 and yadda yadda yadda. Then he started about, well, but I have the best headphones you can get, Beyer's I paid $190 for. That is a ton for headphones he says....

So, of course I break out my $450 MSRP Sennheiser HD-600's, the uncompromisable king of the headphones (Stereophile, Audiophile, Home Theater Mag, Headroom Corp., to name a few). Going from the 12 year old Sony Disc man into the headphones, once again I was able to put him in his place.

Best part, my dad was there to witness it 3.gif

Oh, but it gets a interesting. We go downstairs and his wife (a news anchor for CBS) says,"What were you doing?" He says that we were listening to speakers made when he was 12 (or so) and it was the best thing he had ever heard. She goes,"What, are they BOSE or something?".

Everything went slow motion at that point. My brother was screaming "noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo" as bullets were about to fly. Luckily my mother and dad were about to hold me back and carry me as far away from that comment as possible.

I made Pumpkin Cheese cake and a Dutch Chocolate Trouffle cake while at the other house and brought it over. Yummy. I think I am going to make a breakfast out of that. See ya guys!

I saw a system like that in the mid 80's in a magazine that I believe was called Home Entertainment or something. It was of Barbra Streisand's home in Malibu. I think Ms. Streisand sold that home some years later. This wouldn't happen to be the same place would it?

Here's an interesting side note: There were 14 CD's initially released with the introduction of the CD player in the US. One of them was a Barbra Streisand CD. Basically all of the CD's sounded terrible, except for Barbra's. (now that just couldn't have anything to do with the fact that Barbra has Klipsch speakers in her personal home theater/review room now could it? Hmmmm....just wondering)1.gif