KLF-20 VS Chorus 1

Jvitti1970

4 hours ago, billybob said:

Chorus 1 just look at the specs...

4 hours ago, billybob said:

Those Chorus will rock your world and with those 15 inch K48 bass will  pound you in the chest...no contest.

1 hour ago, billybob said:

Expect a little more input.

Maybe not so much...

I think you got it covered pretty well. I would just point out the Chorus have a much higher sensitivity rating, can realistically handle easily twice the power and get very, very loud while staying crystal clear. Bass isnt quite as low as the 20's but they miss very little in actual musical instruments.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Jvitti1970 said:

Which one and why. ?

i am a 2 channel listener.

System is used primarily for Music 

I have owned three sets of KLF20 and a set of CF3 and two sets of Forte2 and one pair of Forte but I have not owned the Chorus but I do own a set of JBL L200b which now have installed in them a pair of JBL 2226 woofers (these are 15" based two way speakers not so different from the Chorus). I think the only way for you to know which will suit you best is to listen to a pair of well functioning KLF20 and also a pair of Chorus ll. The thing is that both do great stuff but you will have have to make this call.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, SWL said:

Key words = well functioning.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Chorus II work best in a corner.,could be wrong but I think klf 20's might be a little more placement friendly.

Chorus II work best in a corner.,could be wrong but I think klf 20's might be a little more placement friendly.
I'm talking about the fact that these speakers are 20+ years old and are known to have cabinet issues as well as cheap crossover parts failing after 15 years or so.

1 minute ago, SWL said:

I'm talking about the fact that these speakers are 20+ years old and are known to have cabinet issues as well as cheap crossover parts failing after 15 years or so.

Sorry I just picked a quote at ramdon without thinking. Good points I have a pair of klf 10's that had cabinet issues, loose front and rear panels.

6 hours ago, SWL said:

Key words = well functioning.

Issues with KLF series  to know about #1) loose baffles (front and back) due to defective hot melt adhesive on the melamine. Remove the melamine at the joint reassemble with white wood glue will be much better than new and last forever. #2) Black poly tweeter diaphragms the worst Klipsch ever used replace them. 3) Woofer dust caps coming loose easy to repair. 4) Upgrade crossover caps. 5) Brace work. That's all the big stuff there are lots of mods folks can do to take them further if they want to. Excellent speakers.

• Like 2

Chorus 1's get my vote. I also think they're realatively "underappreciated" even by Klipsch fans due to the Chorus 2 having a tractrix mid. (but in a small or normal "house sized" room this too is a non-issue.

For my 13' x 12' listening room, I don't think I'd trade mine for ANY other model ! (& I had La Scala's in there prior to my Chorus 1's)

• Like 2