E-bay seller !! what a laugh

Dale W

Get a load of the e-mail i got this morning from the e-bay seller of my new dynaco amps.

this guy tells me he never new he was going to be charged 7%

on a pay-pal transaction and wants me to send him another $35.00 bucks to cover " HIS " costs. what a f--k--g idiot.

does this dude not realize that 550.00 plus 50.00 shipping translates to well over 950.00 canadian.

sorry guy's i've calmed down a bit now, just needed a place to vent !!!!!

I would refuse if I was you. they don't charge that much. I just had a Canadian buy a amp from me for 522.00 complete and I recieved 501.34 at most it cost him $25 not $35 and that's his problem. If you want to be nice tell him you will split the difference 17.50 He also is hitting you pretty hard on shipping since there not going to Canada. If he is sending them ground even in 2 seperate boxes it wouldn't be but $12 to $15 a box to a US address its higher for Canada the amp I just sent to toronto was $27.01 in one box 30 LBS !!

Craig

First off you CANNOT state a surcharge for PayPal on eBay. Trust me I know. They'll remove your item from auction. The charge for PayPal is 4% of total plus a 30cent charge(for customers registered out of the US). I do a lot of eBay selling and PayPal is a rip-off. I stopped accepting it as a form of payment but I do offer it to people AFTER the auction ends if they cover all fees. I sell a lot of vinyl and CDs and just for instance on a $5 sale PayPal gets 50 cents of that! That's not good. To me PayPal can be both a Seller's AND a Buyer's privelage. I am NOT in a hurry to get a payment so I'd much rather wait(you have to wait anyway for the transaction to clear) for a money order or a check and get the whole amount.

Paypal is a ***** to get your money from, too. It costs $1.50 to get a check cut, but they will only send one to a street adddress and only the street address your VISA goes to. My VISA goes to a P.O. Box, so I couldn't get a check. I closed my account. I don't use them anymore.

Come on people do you think Paypal should offer there service for free !! I use it all the time to get money and pay. I also have there debit card and use it to get my funds out they pay you that way 1.5 % !!! They wouldn't be around long if they didn't make any money. I just add 3% when excepting it. Not a big deal at all. What's a money order cost plus having to drive to the post office to get it ? Your time has to be worth something isn't it.

Craig

Actually the charge is not 4% for even a canadian purchase here is the schedule for a Premier and business account. Casual users the cost is free if being paid without a credit card.

Darn thing won't show up

But its 2.9% plus 30 cent's and 3.4% 55 cents canadian and 3/4% for any other excepted country plus fees ranging from 20 cents to 40 cents. You can recoup 1.5% of these cost by using your paypal credit card. Depositting money in your checking account is free.

Dale,

You might want to go to the Safe Harbour link on the eBay site and report a selling offense. The seller has changed the terms after the sale, which is not permitted. Charging extra for PayPal is also not permitted. You might want to make a similar report to PayPal even though it is now owned by eBay. Please leave negative feedback for the seller after everything is settled to warn others.

You are under no obligation to pay for the seller's misktake. Offering to meet him part way may simplify the situation, though, if the gear has not already shipped.

I sent the guy a not so polite e-mail this morning, so just have to give it a day or so and see what transpires. I have a good mind to give this guy some negative feedback just for trying to pull a stunt like this.

Should have seen me this morning at 6:00 when i checked my e-mail. It was like a bad cut of the incredible hulk show, olny i was red not green !!!

dale, are you ever right, i am attempting to make a purchase of corns, or las, on e bay i am desperate to have heritage, but cant find any for sale, well you know my problem. anyway, the sellors seem to want to tack on extra charges? 1 was attempting to add 300 for shipping when another said shipping would be 100, and after auctions are final i have had sellors contact me via e mail asking for more money because reserves werent met, and i understand, but it just seems that the auction process is ???????12.gif

I use PayPal all the time and it never costs me a cent. A personal account, in the US, linked to a bank account is free and virtually instantaneous. If both people have verified (linked to bank accounts) accounts, the money transfers within seconds. I won an auction Monday, received an invoice 30 minutes later, paid 5 minutes after that, and the seller shipped my product that afternoon. All free. There is a small charge if you set up a business account, but personal accounts are free and fast. Also, as stated previously, don't forget we're talking about a company, and they are supposed to make money. Concerning the original topic, that guy is totally out of line and solely responsible for the costs of selling. Is he refusing to ship until you pay more?

Tripod - I'm curious about the speed your PayPal transactions fly by. I have mine linked to a bank account, but they say to allow 3-4 days for it to process when I need to add funds to my PayPal account from my bank. And that's how long it takes before they say the funds are available. Are they just scamming the float, or do you have a different type of setup than I have?

DD

Transferring my own $$ into or out of Paypal into or out of my bank account does take 2 or 3 business days (Paypal is benefiting from the float I believe). Payments from *someone else* to me, or my payments to *someone else* are instantaneous.

I have had both merchant and a private accounts and it was the same in both types.

EW

Thats a distance, shipping would be $400.00 leaving you with $250.00 LOL

Like the stock Klipschorn, i have the tubes on them right now!

Side grills, and ill be done, they will be locked up original, well, only not quite full tops!

Ask Justin if hell redo the banner, and lets see if we can get it on the main page!

Regards Jim9.gif