prodj not prod! get it right please!

prodj101

mkl- Thank you, as I thought I was the only one shortening his name to what I thought was only appropriate since named after the Techno band......

Audio? Who cares about audio, this thread is not only funny but educational as well, as I love American, World and Military history. This is like a cat with a ball of string......Go ahead Cluless!

Thanks Headbanger for the Ranger history lesson2.gif

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey bloom, I know no one will believe me, but I wrote my thing about prodigy before I saw yours. I swear. Kinda Creepy.

You guys can all shorten my name to whatever you like..I'm not sure how much shorter it could get however...

I guess you could call me MK or KL or M.

-mkl

----------------

On 12/12/2002 5:54:17 PM BLOOMIS914 wrote:

Prodig is another version I just thought of and since I am on a roll if you don't like Cattle Prod, we can rearrange the letters in Prodig and call you Pigrod.

----------------

ROTFLMAO... Is that a little curlie pink piggy weenie?

Bloomis...

So you like military history, huh? Well...figure this one out: Which U.S. military unit is the only one to ever make 5 combat jumps in one conflict?...made its first jump after the longest airborne assault in history, which culminated in the first airborne combat jump by American paratroopers in history...into North Africa...made a second jump into North Africa, made a third jump into Sicily, spearheaded the Anzio amphibious assault while flanked by the two lead Ranger Battalions, made its 4th combat jump into Avellino, Italy(behind German lines to delay Mark Clark's 5th Army from eminent engagement with additional elite German armored divisions), made its fifth combat jump into southern France, was on R&R in a SUPPOSEDLY safe rear area when the Germans initiated the Battle of the Bulge, and held its ground as a covering force while the 101st retrograded into Bastogne...this final action pretty much wiping the unit out with only 5 survivors, and has NEVER in its history been a part of ANY Airborne Division, but instead always been a separate designated Parachute Infantry Regiment...normally of only Battalion strength, or reinforced battalion strength?? Oh, this unit also earned itself two presidential unit citations, in WWII...AND one of its companies earned itself a third one. Name that unit! 9.gif

----------------

On 12/11/2002 11:55:28 PM prodj101 wrote:

I am feeling like shooting the next person that says prod. it obviously says prodj, so get the damn name right.
----------------

....... and she slammed the door

In a petulant frenzy!

(A petulant frenzy, this is a petulant frenzy.

I'm petulant, and I'm having a frenzy)

On the sofa she weeps

BOO HOO HOO HOO

She weeps and she weeps

BOO HOO HOO HOO HOO HOO

She weeps and she peeks

Through the curtain .......

11.gif

Headbanger-------That's "Easy".....................

Easy Company, most people would know it as the Band of Brothers HBO story.

Am I right????

HDBRbuilder, I hope you don't mind me nicknaming your screen name since HDBR could be short for HeaDBangeR, It's all in fun.

Well, Am I right??!!! I am impressed with the level of detail/knowledge. I love it!!!!

HDBR---- OK ALREADY, I GIVE UP!!!!!!!! It's not the 82nd or 101st airborne and not the infamous Easy Company....

Please for Prod's sake he may have an upcoming test on this and need this knowledge more than I....I am purely an armchair historian that loves to watch the history channel and Wings and other great military documentaries when not toying in my HT or building a DIY 214L Tempest Subwoofer.

I promise I will address you by your formal "MR." HDBRbuilder screen name.

Ranger, give it up before I have your screen name altered to Ranger Rick... 2.gif

Bloomis...WRONG...Easy Company was a part of he 101st Airborne DIVISION, which didn't see ANY action until June 6,1944...the unit I speak of was in combat in November of 1943!!!...and has NEVER been a part of ANY DIVISION...except for operational attachment TO a division! Keep searching...LOL!

Bloomis...the answer is: The 509th Parachute Infantry Regiment(but it was really just a Battalion, since ALL regimental designations of parachute regiments in WWII were just reinforced battalion-sized units) BTW, the 509th SACRIFICED themselves at the Battle of the Bulge in order to give the remaining elements of the 101st Airborne Division time to escape into Bastogne...but...the 509th NEVER GAVE AN INCH OF GROUND UP DURING THE BATTLE OF THE BULGE...NOT AN INCH!! The ONLY unit not to do so...they struggled on, completely surrounded...holding their blocking position...and when the battle was over, there were ONLY 5 survivors left of over 1000 men!!!

If you think the EASY COMPANY story made a good film...the entire story of the 509th in WWII would make an epic war movie!! Especially their exploits behind the enemy lines after their jump into Avellino in Italy!! Eisenhower had already made up his mind to do away with airborne as a combat element...relegating them only to an elite infantry role...but after the Avellino fiasco, Mark Clark convinced Ike to change his mind. The 509th's mission there was just SUPPOSED to be disruption and delay of the arrival of just ONE elite German SS panzer Division to the front...but instead, even though they were dropped scattered all over the place, and had absolutely NO unit cohesiveness...the damage they inflicted, caused the Germans to commit THREE divisions to hunt them down and stop all the havoc they were wreaking on them!! LOL! That gave the 5th Army the time it needed to break out of the pocket and go on the offensive!! It's too bad that nobody has ever made a movie of THEIR exploits...it would be one helluva show!!

BTW...the 509th IS MY REGIMENTAL AFFILIATION UNIT...and if/when this current balloon goes up...they will be leading the way as the Pathfinders for the 82nd and the 101st!!...among others!

Geronimo!!