I need serious help

Jim Cornell

Well, besides that, honestly i want to make a deal, with a fellow BB member for my last set of Chorus!

Heres where i sit

From Colorado to Michigan

No Boxes

I was quoted $92.80 ups to ship, BullSh!T, That was EACH

Thats without packing!

These are walnut excellent condition, consecutive serial #s

First, what would be a reasonable price , for a BB freind? If i would of shut my mouth a while back they wouldnt go for $800.00 on E-bay!

Im thinking $600.00? but shipping quoted would put these at $800.00?

second how would you ship these?

There has to be a cheaper way!

Third there sold, LOL

Heck i could rent a truck and deliver them at that shipping quote, also i dont want to get hung up on any damage like i did with Kjohn!

Kjohn i didnt forget!

Regards Jim

9.gif

Having Klipschorns, ill be way above these, they just sit around, most of the time, id like to let some one enjoy these!

I hooked up the Tube amp to the Klipschorns, Lots better Lots, i had to place a fan in the closet, and leave the door open LOL!

System in the closet in my room, a big one, wires thru the walls to the listening area!

Regards Jim1.gif

Hi Jim,

My Heresies cost $70 to have them shipped from tucson AR to Orlando FL.

Shipping was FedEx ground.

FedEx seems to do a good job, Just make sure they are packed well.

My speakers were packed with a layer of cardboard around the speakers, there were pieces of foam glued to the cardboard to keep it centered in the outer box.

I hope things work out for you.

Peace, Josh

Thank you, ill call FED EX for sure, $70.00 for heresys whoa LOL

Im looking at 98Lbs each LOL

Shipping SUX doesnt it

Jim1.gif

If my plans go the way they are, im ganna sell everything i dont use, audio wise, and ill have the opportunity to have 4 KLipschorns, on top of the homemade cornwalls to toy with. hobby LOL

I GUESS!

----------------

On 12/12/2002 10:36:25 PM Jim Cornell wrote:

Well, besides that, honestly i want to make a deal, with a fellow BB member for my last set of Chorus.

I do miss mine.

Heres where i sit

From Colorado to Michigan

No Boxes

I sit in WA., My '83 Cornwalls still sit in CA.

I was quoted $92.80 ups to ship, BullSh!T, That was EACH

Thats without packing!

These are walnut excellent condition, consecutive serial #s

UPS Logistics quoted $311 for both Cornwalls shipped from residence to residence.

With no insurance rate or pallet or packing.

And you know Cornwalls weigh 108 lbs.

A Freight Trucking Co. quoted $326 with the low class of insurance and no pallet or packing of course.

I found one for $155, but no pallet or packing, and no insurance rate included.

You don't plan on just throwing boxes around your Chorus's and shipping them that way?

I think it would be better off if you put them together on a skid and box and wrap and secure to the pallet.

It'll cost you more, but may be a safer bet.

There has to be a cheaper way!

I wish!

Heck i could rent a truck and deliver them at that shipping quote, also i dont want to get hung up on any damage like i did with Kjohn!

If you think you could do Colorado to Michigan and back in a rented pick-up on $200 bucks go for it!

BTW, FedEx has a weight limit of around 130 lbs, you would have to do each speaker separate.

So I tried FedEx Freight, and they told me they won't ship private consumer goods.

Yes Jim, Shipping SUX little blobs of fecal corn shells!

----------------

Mike how are you?

I could rent a truck and drive it one way i know!

Sorry to hear about the $311.00 on the cornwalls, man, how much to ship Klipschorns?

If you buy them on E-Bay, for $1,500.00 with shipping would be what $2,300.00 or more!

OK

Well, ill have my Klipschorns forever thats for sure LOL!

The deal has been made, so a fellow BB will have them, 1 way or the other! Thank you for the info!

Rehgards Jim

Pretty comical Jim. From your posts in this thread I can't tell if they're still for sale, or if you've already sold them to someone on the forum -- and you're just trying to figure out shipping details.

BTW. You don't need another set of K-horns. You need a preamp!!

Yea Dean, i think in all reality ill call it quits here and get Pre amped!

Audio reality and me made a deal, its final, cats out of the bag now,

I posted the shipping to see if anyone, has the same problems, as far as $ shipping costs!

Because either one of us could believe it!

I still need to Ship LOL

Were working on it now!

Regards Jim

9.gif

Jim,

I recall Mike Lindsey shipping a pair of Chorus from Florida to the New England area this past summer. I believe he used Mail Boxes Etc. for packing, not sure if they were the shippers though. MBE are authorized shipping centers for UPS, FedEx, DHL, USPS and other carriers. So their centers can serve as packaging and shipment sites for other carriers, thus no added moves are necessary.

If you shoot Mike a private mail, he may be able to give you some personal insight as to packaging costs. I'm glad I was able to make a trade with a local member for my previous Chorus II's. I know I couldn't have moved those beasts by myself.

Best of luck to you and the new owner.

Wes

What to do?

Anyone happen to be coming anywhere near SW Michigan from somewhere near Denver?

It sure would be nice to avoid putting those babies in the hands of some Crash Migirk at UPS or FEDX

Heh, have you ever wondered why if something comes by boat it's cargo, but when it arrives by vehicle it shipping?

Strange this language of ours. LOL

Wes thank you for reminding me, ill contact Mike !

I have a mailboxes ETC here!

I wish i had room, if i did, i would almost have as many Klipsch you have LOL!

If i had kept all of them, the kids and us would have a 3FT high floor, we be walking on them LOL

Im really glad to have heard all the models ive owned in the past, its time to stop, bringing more in, and settle down, with Klipschorns!

Ill have a home made set, i can play with soon, im getting homemade cornwall Cabs, for free!

Regards Jim

"It sure would be nice to avoid putting those babies in the hands of some Crash Migirk at UPS or FEDX"

Audioreality, I certainly understand your concerns!

Jim, I've been thinking of selling my Quartets and KSP-S6's. But I'm a bit reluctant to ship anything after having UPS damage one of the RF-3's I shipped this past summer.

Again, wish you both the best!

Wes

Yea i wonder how much he would sell them for actually! LOL

Well John, if something isnt solved Within a week, with your freind, ill look at the 5 day weather forecast,

If i can get them as close as possible to you, like Iowa, if theres good weather, it looks like that would be the only way, but hold on, i also need to talk to Mike Lindsey!

I think his Chorus arrived safely, i need his packing, sending expertize!

Jim

9.gif